Old 28-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #1

Interests: Yodelling
Boat name: Veni Vidi Vici or Conked
Boat make: G.P.14
Engines: 4h.p. Mercury
Cruising area: Cap de Agde

All our yesterdays. DOWDY

Originally Posted by Safety Control
Small world as they say ... let's get the jokes out of the way first. With your history of navigation you will probably end up going around Hilbre rather than Ireland - yes I do remember your day trip to IoM!!!
Remember me? Probably not ... Les Hudson. I was Rob Yate's Vice Commodore / Club Steward and went on to be Commodore myself. Mainly did safety with REACT in the first few years. You will remember my wife better ... Gill Roberts, a mate of Wendy Hughes-Jones.
Both of us still involved in racing with Thundercats / OCR / FFUKORC and the last 2 seasons with P1.
Hardly hear or see any of the old members - met Keith Evans other week; Stan O'Hara and Ged Lynch-Smith a few years ago. No boating as such around Merseyside anymore so we go around UK/Europe.
What you up to?
Catch up again ... good luck with 'round Ireland. We've got contacts withe the Irish Sailing Association - I'll warn them whats happening!

Old 28-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #2

Interests: Yodelling
Boat name: Veni Vidi Vici or Conked
Boat make: G.P.14
Engines: 4h.p. Mercury
Cruising area: Cap de Agde

navigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdy View Post
Originally Posted by Safety Control
Small world as they say ... let's get the jokes out of the way first. With your history of navigation you will probably end up going around Hilbre rather than Ireland - yes I do remember your day trip to IoM!!!
Remember me? Probably not ... Les Hudson. I was Rob Yate's Vice Commodore / Club Steward and went on to be Commodore myself. Mainly did safety with REACT in the first few years. You will remember my wife better ... Gill Roberts, a mate of Wendy Hughes-Jones.
Both of us still involved in racing with Thundercats / OCR / FFUKORC and the last 2 seasons with P1.
Hardly hear or see any of the old members - met Keith Evans other week; Stan O'Hara and Ged Lynch-Smith a few years ago. No boating as such around Merseyside anymore so we go around UK/Europe.
What you up to?
Catch up again ... good luck with 'round Ireland. We've got contacts withe the Irish Sailing Association - I'll warn them whats happening!
Hi les,i got us all into douglas no problem at all,me ,bert williams, stan o hara,
our joe and the chef from the bowler hat club,whom we had pressganged from the night before,after a night in yates wine lodge and on the way back,i let stan do the nav.bit all i did was steer the bloody thing!After an hour and half i knew something was wrong with stans navigation as the oil rig miles away to starboard coming out,was still miles away to starboard coming back! We were heading for scotland,rest is history and confined to front page of west lancashire gazette.Navs improved a bit since,i follow the i.o.m. packet boat now!

Old 17-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #3

Anyone else out there from the old days at WPSC? We could do with a re-union.
Safety Control is offline   Reply With Quote

« ? | Nokia N80 »