Boatmad.com

Old 10-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #1

Boat name: Un-named as yet
Boat make: Phantom 21
Engines: yam 225
Cruising area: Thames estuary Black water/crouch

Bloody 02 signal

I live in Mayland, Essex 10 min from Stone water sports club, just as a point of reference for those who know stone. So im out in the sticks right on the river Crouch. Up until Sat 5th june had a reasonable phone signal although never great here just like the Broadband (disadvantages of living out in the sticks everything crap) now i have hardly any signal at all most of the time no signal, this affects the misses phone too so obviously not the phone, It either says emergency calls only or no reception. 02 say there is nothing wrong with signal. Obviously there must be! Why has it suddenly gone? I had to drive to Woodham about 6/7 miles away to get a decent reception. Im wondering if anyone else who has been in this area lately or lives in this area has experienced the same thing?

Maybe i can get contract cancelled on grounds they can no longer supply me a service in the area i live? Doubtful.

Rant over

Carl_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_B View Post
Maybe i can get contract cancelled on grounds they can no longer supply me a service in the area i live?

Provided you have not moved.... You send them a signed for letter stating they have stopped providing service and you thus give them 30 days notice of cancellation. You have to return the phone. They will usually send someone around to check, and probably fix the problem. If not, at 30 days box the phones - send them back, do not cancel the direct debit, and send the final letter. Then if they continue to debit your account - small claims court and at that time cancell the direct debit. If you do it the other way around it affects your credit rating...

RichA (Lamont) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #3

Boat name: Un-named as yet
Boat make: Phantom 21
Engines: yam 225
Cruising area: Thames estuary Black water/crouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichA (Lamont) View Post
Provided you have not moved.... You send them a signed for letter stating they have stopped providing service and you thus give them 30 days notice of cancellation. You have to return the phone. They will usually send someone around to check, and probably fix the problem. If not, at 30 days box the phones - send them back, do not cancel the direct debit, and send the final letter. Then if they continue to debit your account - small claims court and at that time cancell the direct debit. If you do it the other way around it affects your credit rating...
Thats good advice thank you.

Carl B
Carl_B is offline   Reply With Quote