Boatmad.com

Old 19-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #1

Epitaph to Pash

I thought as Pash has been banned I would post an epitaph or 3 to him.... A great chap so carved on his Boatmad Grave Stone is:

1) "The defence rests"
2) "Sometimes there's no poison like a dream"
3) "Two things I love most,
good horses and beautiful
women, and when I die I hope
they tan this old hide of mine
and make it into a ladies riding
saddle, so I can rest in peace
between the two things I love
most."

Old 19-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #2

1: Are you his long lost son

2: He should be out in three months

3: Jf ..... Its my round

hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 11:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post
1: Are you his long lost son

2: He should be out in three months

3: Jf ..... Its my round
No Im not,

But what I would say is ive been his spanneman for nearly ten Years in Rallying, I've known him for over 20 years and ive been sacked by him more times than I can remember, but when the chips are down he's allways been there for me... the chips are down for him and im there for him, he's the type of bloke that never goes back on a deal even if it costs him money, the type of bloke that stands up and is counted when the s@ht hits the fan... has he done work for any of you? has he charged you? I doubt it has he given you anything without asking for payment - i suspect so...

Yes he has a mouth on him, but he's a bloody good lawyer in his field, yes he's brash but we need blokes like him sometimes and as ive said when the sh@t hits the fan - he's there and allways ahs been for me..

so if you ask am I his lost son the aswer is no - im a member of his team and to be honest im proud to be just that.
Old 20-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
The Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweiser View Post
he's the type of bloke that never goes back on a deal even if it costs him money
Good news Matty, if the old girl doesnt run on her deadline............ our man here assures us the charity will get its dosh.
Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
Good news Matty, if the old girl doesnt run on her deadline............ our man here assures us the charity will get its dosh.
I think we have met when i wa at drivers with Martin

when you look at it, Matt has been winding him up for ages, Martin wanted to bet matt £10 grand it would be ready, and taking everything into account what has Matt ever done to make such accusations - he has I understand bought Neil Holmes boat... but what else? has he raced? I dont know but he does seem to be a knocker and wheel kicker
Old 20-02-2009, 12:22 AM   #6
The Doc

I'll assume when we met I was my usual pollite self. For what its worth, Matt couldnt be more the opposite to how you've portrayed him, he's a lovely fella........ if i could "turn him" i'd have him for meself!
Old 20-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
I'll assume when we met I was my usual pollite self. For what its worth, Matt couldnt be more the opposite to how you've portrayed him, he's a lovely fella........ if i could "turn him" i'd have him for meself!

What you do in your private time is up to you..

But Martin has the world and his dog on to him about this boat, and to be honest I think hes mad trying to do what he's trying to do, he hasnt got an endless pot of cash, but what he has is a dream.... if he makes it great, if he dont then he would have tried, more than I can say for some of the "Respected Supporting Members" on here who find they have bought a pup and then give up - "Foam Flier" might have got the name wrong
Old 20-02-2009, 12:55 AM   #8

Quote:
What you do in your private time is up to you..

But Martin has the world and his dog on to him about this boat, and to be honest I think hes mad trying to do what he's trying to do, he hasnt got an endless pot of cash, but what he has is a dream.... if he makes it great, if he dont then he would have tried, more than I can say for some of the "Respected Supporting Members" on here who find they have bought a pup and then give up - "Foam Flier" might have got the name wrong
Hey you should read more posts from the past.

He ain't the first to buy a dog and won't be the last. Some of us just don't sprout about it.

Sorry Jeff...... I love her really
Old 20-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #9

The interesting ting is... Martin is betting on a no winner..

If he beats JF in the CTC then it will be said "Oh your in a different Class so it dont count" next it will be "You were beaten by Fabio" but he's in a different class - and has a pot of cash to win the race.... Next it would be a 41 footer in that kind of sea will allways win"....

Why for the sake of God cant it just be Well done to hoever wins???

or is it the green eyed monster
Old 20-02-2009, 12:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post
Hey you should read more posts from the past.

He ain't the first to buy a dog and won't be the last. Some of us just don't sprout about it.

Sorry Jeff...... I love her really
But this isnt a dog because its backed by a dream
Old 20-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #11

Quote:
But this isnt a dog because its backed by a dream
And i dream of a fffm will it ever happen.
Old 20-02-2009, 01:16 AM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:

If he beats JF in the CTC then it will be said "Oh your in a different Class so it dont count" next it will be "You were beaten by Fabio" but he's in a different class - and has a pot of cash to win the race.... Next it would be a 41 footer in that kind of sea will allways win"....

Finish the CTC first -Then have that conversation.

Fuller built a boat - Did RB08 / CTC

JF and I are not mates but I can only admire his achievement.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #13
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

To get to the start line is the first achivement, the next will be to finish, In a perfect world we could do this in the first year. I am under no illusion that the task is one tall order Martin too is under no false impression. Many people have tried and failed, but one thing I know is that we will keep going till the finish flag drops, great if its year one, very pissed off & skint if it's year 10. But that is racing.
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweiser
when you look at it, Matt has been winding him up for ages
OK. Martin must be right because he's your mate. I think you need to step away from the keyboard and get some perspective.

What I've seen is Martin attacking me because despite saying I could pay for the prop boxes "whenever I was next at the yard", and me then offering to pop round his to pay as I wasn't likely to be at the yard for a while, he then starts slagging me off for not paying, despite me again offering to pop round his to pay - I used to walk past his front door every morning on the way to work!

And he conveniently forgets he owes me a tenner change. And no, it's not about the money, it's about the principle.

Quote:
Martin wanted to bet matt £10 grand it would be ready
That's particularly childish isn't it. 100 quid is a nice sum to donate to cancer research and if I lose, I am more than happy to stump up.

Quote:
what has Matt ever done to make such accusations
Accusations of what? Are you referring to my "ridiculous charade" post, cos that's the only thing I'm aware that I've accused him of. Admitedly I can't be bothered to trawl too far back in history to check.

Quote:
he does seem to be a knocker and wheel kicker
[/quote]
That's right, I am just a wannabe. What difference does that make to you?
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #15
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:

Are you on drugs?
I'm not even sure how, or whether I should be responding at all to such a ridiculous comment, pitching a class 2 boat against a class 5 boat! And what does any of that have to do with this anyways?

Did you say you've been around motor racing for ten years? one would have thought you'd understand how competition & classes work by now.

If they do indeed make it to Cowes with the Planatec and they finish, and I sincerely hope they do. And they don't beat us home by at least half an hour, they'll have made a monumental fkk up of being a powerboat racing team. So using phrases like "If he beats JF in the CTC" like it's some sort of acheivment, beggars belief. We're in the smallest, lowest powered class in the fleet for gods sake!

The simple fact is (and none of this has ANYTHING to do with racing, and certainly not jealousy how did you come to that conclusion?, probably the drugs again) that Martin has been pushing his luck for some time and enjoys it, and assumes everyone else enjoys it. But he's wrong and is now enjoying a short holiday, which will hopefuly make him think a bit harder before he tries to piss someone off on the forum for fun next time, assuming he chooses to post again).

As for making judgements on who are supporting members, and to what degree, and whether they're worthy, neither of you have any idea what you're talking about, and it's absolutely none of your business! You know very little history of Boatmad & it's members and as Barry said, not everyone shouts about what they give, or do to enable this site to exist (for the benifit of many) so I don't think you should even try to make that judgement, let alone post spitefull comments about members here that you have fkk all knowledge about.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #16

Boat make: None, boo!
Engines: Turbines mainly!
Cruising area: The inside of my workshop!

Sorry to ask but what did i miss? I can't see any odd posts anywhere, i thought all you guys got on when i came to drivers?!

James

https://www.jl-innovation.co.uk

The true test of a man is how he treats someone of absolutely no use to him.
larby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #17
The Doc

we do, we're just spicing it up.................. you know what it’s like, after a while everything goes stale. I did ask martin if he was up for wearing a cat suit and an orange in his mouth...........but in the end a brief sabbatical seemed a better option.
Old 20-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #18

Bloody hell what have i missed?

Well not really sure whats happened but it will be nice to visit this forum and read posts by other members for a change.

Im pleased that this has happened as i was beginning to think id previously been given special treatment when i was banned from this excellent forum in a previous life.

If you act like a nobber on this forum expect to be rejected.

Chaos, what size is the catsuit?
Jon Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip1 View Post
Bloody hell what have i missed?

Well not really sure whats happened but it will be nice to visit this forum and read posts by other members for a change.

Im pleased that this has happened as i was beginning to think id previously been given special treatment when i was banned from this excellent forum in a previous life.

If you act like a nobber on this forum expect to be rejected.

Chaos, what size is the catsuit?
Thats big of You..... when he cant reply.....
Old 20-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #20
Engine tester

Interests: Gin & Women
Boat name: motorvator
Boat make: Revenger San Marino / Sunseeker Camargue 46 / Phantom 18/19/600
Engines: 502 mercruiser / Detroit 550s / 115 ProXS / Anything Borrowed
Cruising area: Thames, Southend