Boatmad.com

Old 14-10-2005, 01:06 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
The AA (not alcoholics)

“Oh good evening! We have been using Catax (A local taxi company) for over 15 years now, but their service has declined very badly recently, we wondered – do you use executive cars, are you reliable and how much would it be for a return journey to Mansion House EC4?”
“Well the answer is £xxx return and we have a 100% reliability record this year …”
“That sounds just what we have been looking for …what car would it be for Thursday evening?”
“A BMW 5 Series”
“Oh perfect … can I make the booking?”
The run up to London went like clock work (allowing for major traffic)
The 22.30 pick up commenced with the four passengers jumping into the Beamer on time chatting about how well the evening had gone.
I went to start the car …”Click…Click…Click”
No power to the starter motor.
The two male passengers in full black tie kindly volunteered to get and push to attempt a jump-start. An octogenarian passer by also pitched in with the attempt.
After 25 yards the car was going nowhere with the elderly gentlemen re setting his pace maker at the same time as sucking on his asthma inhaler!
It was suggested to me by the customers that the AA maybe a wise option, whilst they would take a late drink in the pub opposite.
It took the AA just under 20 minutes to arrive and start the car, I walked into the pub and my customers weren’t even half way through their drinks.
Well done Automobile Association!

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 10:25 PM   #2

Lucky you !!

RAC took 3hrs for a "mechanic" to tell me my G.Box was fecked (which i already told them) ... seeing as i had a large puddle of EP90 under the van along with a handfull of "gears" and "G.Box casing" ....
another 3hrs i get a tow from "national rescue" ??

6hrs = long wait ... i was only 3 miles from home

Foolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 10:45 PM   #3
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Re: The AA (not alcoholics)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ciao
“Oh good evening! We have been using Catax (A local taxi company) for over 15 years now, but their service has declined very badly recently, we wondered – do you use executive cars, are you reliable and how much would it be for a return journey to Mansion House EC4?”
“Well the answer is £xxx return and we have a 100% reliability record this year …”
“That sounds just what we have been looking for …what car would it be for Thursday evening?”
“A BMW 5 Series”
“Oh perfect … can I make the booking?”
The run up to London went like clock work (allowing for major traffic)
The 22.30 pick up commenced with the four passengers jumping into the Beamer on time chatting about how well the evening had gone.
I went to start the car …”Click…Click…Click”
No power to the starter motor.
The two male passengers in full black tie kindly volunteered to get and push to attempt a jump-start. An octogenarian passer by also pitched in with the attempt.
After 25 yards the car was going nowhere with the elderly gentlemen re setting his pace maker at the same time as sucking on his asthma inhaler!
It was suggested to me by the customers that the AA maybe a wise option, whilst they would take a late drink in the pub opposite.
It took the AA just under 20 minutes to arrive and start the car, I walked into the pub and my customers weren’t even half way through their drinks.
Well done Automobile Association!
wot woz rong wiv it?

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 10:58 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Don't know just wouldnt turn over, when jump started fired up first time...hasn't happened since....
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote