Boatmad.com

Old 02-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #21

Boat make: Argo 21
Engines: 2.5 EFI
Cruising area: Channel Islands

who voted a 300zx good looking?!?! okay there nice cars but they are hardley in the top 25 good looking cars in the world!!!

scooby_hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #22

Interests: burning fuel
Boat name: obsession
Boat make: extreme 24/ scarab 30
Engines: extreme=496HO scarab=twin 5.7L + gale banks twin turbo on trs
Cruising area: Guernsey, herm, sark etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby_hugh View Post
who voted a 300zx good looking?!?!
certainly wasn't me, Nissan engines are good though. The one in my old skyline was perfect.

lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #23

Boat name: Un-named as yet
Boat make: Phantom 21
Engines: yam 225
Cruising area: Thames estuary Black water/crouch

Quote:
who voted a 300zx good looking?!?! okay there nice cars but they are hardley in the top 25 good looking cars in the world!!!
Sorry bud but here you go..

1990: The 1990 300-ZX Turbo is named Motor Trend's "Import Car of the Year". Motor Trend also names it, "One of the Top Ten Performance Cars". Automobile Magazine honours the 300-ZX/300ZX Turbo as its "Design of the Year", and names the 300ZX Turbo to its "All Stars" list. Road & Track names the 300ZX Turbo "One of the Ten Best Cars in the World". Car and Driver names the 300ZX Turbo "One of the Ten Best Cars".
1991: The 300ZX Turbo is named to Car and Driver 's "Ten Best" list, and is once again one of Automobile Magazine's "All-Stars".
1992: For the third straight year, Car and Driver names the 300ZX Turbo one of its "Ten Best", and Automobile Magazine names it to its "All-Stars" list.
1993: For the fourth straight year, the 300ZX Turbo is named a Car and Driver "Ten Best", and one of Automobile Magazine's "All-Stars".
1994: For the fifth straight year, the 300ZX Turbo is named to the "Ten Best" and "All Stars" lists by Car and Driver and Automobile Magazine, respectively.
1995: For the sixth straight year the 300ZX Turbo is named to the "Ten Best" by Car and Driver.
1996: For the seventh straight year the 300ZX Turbo is named to the "Ten Best" by Car and Driver, this is also the final year of production in the US.
Even after production stopped magazines have continued to rave and award the 300ZX years later.

2004: Automobile lists the Z32 as one of the 100 greatest cars of all time.
2006: Automobile lists the Z32 on both the "20 Greatest Cars of the Past 20 years" and the "25 Most Beautiful Cars in History".
"once again beautiful, so sleek and tight and shimmering that it still looks great ten years after it went away" -Automobile, 2006
Carl_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_B View Post
Yeah but thats a jap import zed you want a uk manual. Ive had 4 zeds 1 jap import auto and 3 uk manuals 1 of which was a 420bhp animal
dont get me going on zeds Carl....had so many ive forgot going back to 1996,ive built em..bought em..sold em..tuned em..crashed em..modified em..committee member on UK's biggest Z32 club.Soooooo why do i need a UK manual that my current j-spec cant do?? and ime intrested what where the supporting mods on yours to give 420bhp (at the rears i persume)..was it on standed tubs and injectors??
ps...my j-spec was orded from japan with 1 owner and just 30,000 miles with a underbody so clean it looked 3 months old..thats why i bought a j-spec,you go and find me a UK as clean and low mileage as that.I would never have another manual as s/mesh on 2nd and 4th are made out of chocolate,now my auto with a fast road shift kit is like triptronic it changes that fast .Excuse me for going on mate but its not often you find a geezer with a fondness for the zed like yourself
baj666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #25

Quote:

1990: The 1990 300-ZX Turbo is named Motor Trend's "Import Car of the Year". Motor Trend also names it, "One of the Top Ten Performance Cars". Automobile Magazine honours the 300-ZX/300ZX Turbo as its "Design of the Year", and names the 300ZX Turbo to its "All Stars" list. Road & Track names the 300ZX Turbo "One of the Ten Best Cars in the World". Car and Driver names the 300ZX Turbo "One of the Ten Best Cars".
1991: The 300ZX Turbo is named to Car and Driver 's "Ten Best" list, and is once again one of Automobile Magazine's "All-Stars".
1992: For the third straight year, Car and Driver names the 300ZX Turbo one of its "Ten Best", and Automobile Magazine names it to its "All-Stars" list.
1993: For the fourth straight year, the 300ZX Turbo is named a Car and Driver "Ten Best", and one of Automobile Magazine's "All-Stars".
1994: For the fifth straight year, the 300ZX Turbo is named to the "Ten Best" and "All Stars" lists by Car and Driver and Automobile Magazine, respectively.
1995: For the sixth straight year the 300ZX Turbo is named to the "Ten Best" by Car and Driver.
1996: For the seventh straight year the 300ZX Turbo is named to the "Ten Best" by Car and Driver, this is also the final year of production in the US.
Even after production stopped magazines have continued to rave and award the 300ZX years later.

2006: Automobile lists the Z32 on both the "20 Greatest Cars of the Past 20 years" and the "25 Most Beautiful Cars in History".
"once again beautiful, so sleek and tight and shimmering that it still looks great ten years after it went away" -Automobile, 2006
says it all
Old 02-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Old 02-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #27

Boat make: Argo 21
Engines: 2.5 EFI
Cruising area: Channel Islands

im not denying that it was voted in the top 25 or that its not a really nice car but i was just thinking out of all the cars in the world....theres hundreds of nicer looking cars
scooby_hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #28
Silence!!!... I kill you

Interests: Powerboat racing, Travel
Cruising area: South Coast

They're all awards from American car mags, which you can't really take that serious. Afterall, the yanks think fake soft tops, and pieces of wood nailed to the side of a car is cool.

Are you a hairdresser?

Quote:

Old 03-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #29

Interests: burning fuel
Boat name: obsession
Boat make: extreme 24/ scarab 30
Engines: extreme=496HO scarab=twin 5.7L + gale banks twin turbo on trs
Cruising area: Guernsey, herm, sark etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbeen View Post

They're all awards from American car mags, which you can't really take that serious. Afterall, the yanks think fake soft tops, and pieces of wood nailed to the side of a car is cool.
You might have something there, I bet the rest of the cars in the top ten are all pickups.

oh and it's still an auto
lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #30
A30
Registered Ozone AbUser

Oh you guys are so old school

This is my now 722Hp at the wheels supra, Does 0-60 in 1.6 seconds at santa pod.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

This is my New build and will do 0-60 in 1 second, will top out at 250+mph.

dont mean to be balshy but the MK4 supra even is standard form is a very capable car. If any of you guys want to meet at a circuit for a showdown with your zeds as a gentlemanly "Bit of fun" Bring it on
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MF4M7567 small comp.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	21082   Click image for larger version

Name:	ultimate drag supra.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	21083   Click image for larger version

Name:	090820081171.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	21084   Click image for larger version

Name:	090820081154.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	21085   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2535.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	21086  

Name:	DSC_1978 supra scoobly llandow.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	21087  
A30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #31

Boat name: LILY THE PINK AND TERMINATOR 11
Boat make: PHANTOM 21 AND 20
Engines: 2.5 EFI X 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by A30 View Post

This is my now 722Hp at the wheels supra, Does 0-60 in 1.6 seconds at santa pod.

dont mean to be balshy but the MK4 supra even is standard form is a very capable car. If any of you guys want to meet at a circuit for a showdown with your zeds as a gentlemanly "Bit of fun" Bring it on
Mate of mine had a 650hp Supra and he couldn't keep the wheels from spinning . He traded it for a 1000hp skyline imported from Japan which now lives in Ireland, fookin awesome car.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #32

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Looked at the Supra back in the 90's ideally I wanted a t-top one as per the US had but after research I realised that a standard t-top car did not have the same spec as our UK version although the US one had about the same quoted hp and anyway the US one was left hand drive but the Jap one technically was 280 hp allot less than the UK so no deal

yours looks nice just one point on the link the car does a 12 and 11.2 that should indicate 0-60 in either low 3's or high 3's still hugely fast but way way off 1.6 and what class is the new build aimed at, as I believe non of the classes at the pod break out any higher than 220mph other than rails or pro mod which is now I think high 5 through the trap
Old 03-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by baj666 View Post
dont get me going on zeds Carl....had so many ive forgot going back to 1996,ive built em..bought em..sold em..tuned em..crashed em..modified em..committee member on UK's biggest Z32 club.Soooooo why do i need a UK manual that my current j-spec cant do?? and ime intrested what where the supporting mods on yours to give 420bhp (at the rears i persume)..was it on standed tubs and injectors??
ps...my j-spec was orded from japan with 1 owner and just 30,000 miles with a underbody so clean it looked 3 months old..thats why i bought a j-spec,you go and find me a UK as clean and low mileage as that.I would never have another manual as s/mesh on 2nd and 4th are made out of chocolate,now my auto with a fast road shift kit is like triptronic it changes that fast .Excuse me for going on mate but its not often you find a geezer with a fondness for the zed like yourself
Tis true its hard to find a good uk car, and if you did they are silly money now. Must admit i have never had problems with a manual its the auto i had problems with they dont like much of a tune, 350bhp at the flywheel tops before going bang. You would never make a 500bhp car from an auto without serious mods to the box especially the cooling of it.

I wish it was 420 at the wheels, was about 350-360 ish at the wheels if i remember (will have to dig out old dynos)

My mods where
jwt chip (cant remember exact one now) ecu mapped by Sumo Power.

Stage 2 heads with HL14 cams from Z1

GT 600R turbos good for 600hp these can give boost well over 20psi. from Z1

555 injectors

electronic boost controller

De catted

Greddy side mount ic's

Light weight fly wheel and clutch

HKS twin pop intake and dump valves

Engine was mapped for the 555 injectors and for maximum of 18psi due to stock pistons. never used to wind it up to more than 14psi due to stock pistons car was an animal at that, huge difference over the stock 9psi. Not quite Macs leaque.

Then i wrote it off
Old 03-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #34
A30
Registered Ozone AbUser

My Manual car's (White one)Engine and supporting performance mods, Let me know if i bore you!

*Sard Flowed 800cc inj.
*Aeromotive FPR.
*-10 Stainless braid fuel lines.
*GT35R Dual Ball Bearing Turbo.
*Custom manifold
*Recirc wastegate Pipe.
*Custom Downpipe.
*AEM Engine management system, Standalone with 3.5 Bar Map Sensor
*Vems AFR/EGT.
*Blitz dual SBC Spec R.
*Blitz 60mm Boost
*Blitz 60mm Cooling temp
*Blitz 60mm Oil Temp
*Blitz 60mm Oil pressure
*HKS SSQ BOV.
*HKS adjustable cam gears
*HKS 40MM wastegate.
*HKS Triple plate Clutch
*HKS 264 camshafts
*HKS fuel rail
*HKS DLI Twin spark Ignition amp
*PHR Kevlar Cambelt
*Titan Racing Triple Billet Fuel Pump Hanger
*IK 24's/NGKBR7ES
*Twin Walboro 255 fuel pumps.
*Koyo Rad.
*TRD Thermostat.
*TRD gearknob
*TRD 6 point harnesses
*19 Row oil cooler
* oil filter re-locator with Thermostat.
*Arp Head bolts.
*24x12x4 FMIC.
*RSR MAg II.
*Apexi 80mm ECV.
*Achieve 6 point roll cage.
*MT ET Streets on 17's for Drag.
*MT ET Drag Slicks 16's 26x11.5
*RLTC with Digi adjuster and launch control....
to lay it to the ground!
*Roll Control Line Lock
*Wizards of Noss Wet Injection 2x12oz Polished Bottles 125HP injectors Minimax progressive controller.
*Factory Traction Control Blanked and removed
*AAP Twin electric fan conversion through AEM
*Warning triangle shift light Through AEM

Exterior/Interior

*Uk spec bonnet scoop
*Uk spec full brakes
*Goodyear F1 275/35/18
*9.5J Innox Stainless rims
*Uk spec Glass headlights
*Uk spec clear indicators/repeaters
*J Spec Bodykit
*Recaro speed reclining seats
*Bride Sliding rails
*Stainless Steel dial set
*Full legal window tints
*Liquid chrome Devil badges
*Fully Polished Bay
*6000K HID
*Top secret front bumber..To be fitted
and so the list goes on.........
Old 03-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #35
A30
Registered Ozone AbUser

The new car has a 2 speed American powerglide Drag Autobox built by this GOD
http://www.redvictor1racing.co.uk We have become good friends and he needs some competition!

The class i WILL enter with the Blue car is Factory Mod, Must retain 60% or original chassis, My goal in the next few years is to be the quickest road legal japanese car in the world.

Speed trials are different to drag and generally happen at Bruntingthorpe airfield with a 3 mile straight.

Plenty of room for the chute to open.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #36

Boat make: None, boo!
Engines: Turbines mainly!
Cruising area: The inside of my workshop!

You're quite obviously freakin nuts!!

Love the supras!

https://www.jl-innovation.co.uk

The true test of a man is how he treats someone of absolutely no use to him.
larby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #37

Quote:
*Top secret front bumber..To be fitted
and so the list goes on.........
Not much of a secret once it goes on.

no not bored me at all. Quite an impressive spec there, only wish i could of got that far with the zed i was building.

I will admit the supra's and skilines are a bit easier to tune than the v6 the zed has, prob due to the fact they are straight 6.

That car is obviously a strip car, you get to the point where they are impossible to drive on the road.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #38

Interests: Offshore racing
Boat name: Two wings to rule em all
Boat make: B23 & V24
Engines: Volvo 2.0 & GXi 5.7
Cruising area: All over Sweden

Send a message via MSN to BAT23
Quote:

What 60-fot time if you did 60mph in 1.6?

Regards, PJ
BAT23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #39

Quote:
Tis true its hard to find a good uk car, and if you did they are silly money now. Must admit i have never had problems with a manual its the auto i had problems with they dont like much of a tune, 350bhp at the flywheel tops before going bang. You would never make a 500bhp car from an auto without serious mods to the box especially the cooling of it.

I wish it was 420 at the wheels, was about 350-360 ish at the wheels if i remember (will have to dig out old dynos)

My mods where
jwt chip (cant remember exact one now) ecu mapped by Sumo Power.

Stage 2 heads with HL14 cams from Z1

GT 600R turbos good for 600hp these can give boost well over 20psi. from Z1

555 injectors

electronic boost controller

De catted

Greddy side mount ic's

Light weight fly wheel and clutch

HKS twin pop intake and dump valves

Engine was mapped for the 555 injectors and for maximum of 18psi due to stock pistons. never used to wind it up to more than 14psi due to stock pistons car was an animal at that, huge difference over the stock 9psi. Not quite Macs leaque.

Then i wrote it off
mucho respecto with that spec mate...pistons survive but its the ring lands that throw in the towel normaly..ive had 18psi on standed T25's as in pic but was detting like a tw$t. You know Mac1 (Ian) then???
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	18 psi.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	21104  
Old 03-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #40

Boat make: Fletcher Arrowflyte
Engines: Mercury 75

Can we split this thread please?

I'd love to know what kind of 0-60 times you can get in a quick boat; just out of interest, to compare it to the average sporty road car.

I timed my Fletcher when I was checking out prop's (for skiing). I got from standstill to approx 30mph in approx 6s. Obviously it doesn't get anywhere near to 60mph top end.

TheOrs is offline   Reply With Quote