Boatmad.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 31-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #1
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,955
Lightbulb An idea!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...87#post1573587
__________________

__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2005, 02:45 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
ice cream truck's Avatar
 
Country: Not so much where more when
Location: In a galaxy far far away
Occupation: Lover of all things Apple
Boat make: Phantom 21
Engines: Mariner 3.0 Litre
Cruising area: no were

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In a galaxy far far away
Posts: 163
Re: An idea!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Fuller
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...87#post1573587
__________________

__________________
"The Real McCoy"
ice cream truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2005, 08:15 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Location: Virginia, USA

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 81
Good idea! Honestly those were some of the cleanest, clearest boat videos I have ever seen on the net. If you noticed a couple others pointed it out as well.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
The gArfish's Avatar
 
Country: ingland
Location: rinng faktery
Occupation: lanimayter
Boat name: rinng peas

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: rinng faktery
Posts: 453
deer Rm. fuler

ifn eny ov dem yanks offfer yew sum freee ayrplayne tikkits to gow an filum ther botes, bee cairful,verry cairful.

yew mite fynd yorsellf in eejipt bein ekstremly renderd

gArf
__________________
luk arfter nummber wan. downt stepp inn nummber too
The gArfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2005, 08:41 PM   #5
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,955
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Good idea! Honestly those were some of the cleanest, clearest boat videos I have ever seen on the net. If you noticed a couple others pointed it out as well.
Thanks, don't seem to be getting many takers tho' eh, except the OSO admin having a dig!

When he posted that "The videos are hosted in the Gold, Platinum, and VIP section, where the media server is" I was slightly confused, mebbe he didn't understand my post.

I wanted to reply, "I'm aware of that, but thought some of the OSO members might want some good ones".

But I decided it was un-wise.
__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2005, 09:00 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Location: Virginia, USA

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Fuller
Thanks, don't seem to be getting many takers tho' eh, except the OSO admin having a dig!

When he posted that "The videos are hosted in the Gold, Platinum, and VIP section, where the media server is" I was slightly confused, mebbe he didn't understand my post.
I think you are correct. He didn't understand.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Fuller I wanted to reply, "I'm aware of that, but thought some of the OSO members might want some good ones".

But I decided it was un-wise.
Jon,
You should have posted it, it's the truth.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2005, 09:17 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Brian-Bear's Avatar
 
Country: Northern Ireland
Location: Tandragee
Occupation: Web server admin
Interests: powerboats
Boat name: Thumper
Boat make: Fletcher
Engines: Johnson 225hp
Cruising area: Carlingford

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tandragee
Posts: 79
JF it will piss them off more if you stop posting over there and keep the topic going here, I am sure you will have noticed the bandwidth going thru the roof as the yanks keep sneaking in the back door to see what is going down on the best UK powerboat forum and to our overseas visitor from offshore
WELCOME!
Brian-Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #8
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,955
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian-Bear
JF it will piss them off more if you stop posting over there and keep the topic going here,
To be honest, I doubt they'd even notice! OSO has over 31,000 members, (we have 600 ) I can't even begin to imagine what their server stats are like!

it's been fun tho'!

There always seems to be summat like this happening around Christmas/New Year
__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #9
Large member
 
Country: England
Location: On the farm
Occupation: General Trouble Causer Salterns Boatyard
Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Join Date: May 2005
Location: On the farm
Posts: 2,681
Re: An idea!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Fuller
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...87#post1573587
Odd, I posted in that thread, and is is just gone? Are the moderators killing every post or what?
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #10
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,955
Re: Re: An idea!

Quote:
Originally posted by verytricky
Odd, I posted in that thread, and is is just gone? Are the moderators killing every post or what?
Have you only just registered? I think you can't post until you've passed a probation period.

What did your post say?
__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:08 PM   #11
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,016
Re: Re: Re: An idea!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Fuller
Have you only just registered? I think you can't post until you've passed a probation period.

What did your post say?
Aha... that's why my posts didn't appear... so it wasn't 'cause I called 'em all a bunch of "Red-necked inter-bred hillbillies", then? Phew... I thought I might have offended a Texan or two.....
__________________
“Never try to wrestle a pig” ™ The Sparkler Prefect
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #12
Large member
 
Country: England
Location: On the farm
Occupation: General Trouble Causer Salterns Boatyard
Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Join Date: May 2005
Location: On the farm
Posts: 2,681
I asked how you control a boat in the rough if you dont have a foot throttle...
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Location: Virginia, USA

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Fuller
To be honest, I doubt they'd even notice! OSO has over 31,000 members, (we have 600 ) I can't even begin to imagine what their server stats are like!

it's been fun tho'!

There always seems to be summat like this happening around Christmas/New Year
At one time they had 600 members as well. Push for sponsors and give it time!
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #14
JBP
member
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally posted by verytricky
I asked how you control a boat in the rough if you dont have a foot throttle...
Do they do rough over there?
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #15
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,955
Quote:
Originally posted by JBP
Do they do rough over there?
They certainly get rough water, Key West is notorious for it, and the Atlantic coast speaks for itself, whether or not they choose to go boating in it, or race in it, I really don't know.

To be fair, we don't run races here in really rough stuff anymore, eveyones worried about liability as organisers, and it seems even the current generation of mono drivers (Mannerfelt, stepped, very little recovery), seem to woose out when it gets lumpy.

TD and I raced in F-6 on more than one occasion, but that was getting on for ten years ago now, things have definitely changed.
__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:56 PM   #16
JBP
member
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Fuller
They certainly get rough water, Key West is notorious for it, and the Atlantic coast speaks for itself, whether or not they choose to go boating in it, or race in it, I really don't know.

To be fair, we don't run races here in really rough stuff anymore, eveyones worried about liability as organisers, and it seems even the current generation of mono drivers (Mannerfelt, stepped, very little recovery), seem to woose out when it gets lumpy.

TD and I raced in F-6 on more than one occasion, but that was getting on for ten years ago now, things have definitely changed.
I agree, plus there is the letigious state we're getting in to these days too.

As an event organiser too there is a lot of responsibility on the shoulders. In K the limits are even tighter.

I think the comment was just adding weight to VTs in the sense of 'how else dya do it all at the same time?' if there's another way perhaps they could share it.....
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #17
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,955
Quote:
Originally posted by JBP
I think the comment was just adding weight to VTs in the sense of 'how else dya do it all at the same time?' if there's another way perhaps they could share it.....
They're refering to a driver/throttleman set up, ie, one man steers navigates, the other throttles trims, just as TD and I did it, and most of the bigger classes do.
__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:07 PM   #18
Registered User
 
Country: whereeveritsappenin
Location: whereeveritsappenin
Interests: whateverisappenin
Boat name: appenin
Boat make: maybe
Engines: sometimes
Cruising area: whereeveritsappenin

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: whereeveritsappenin
Posts: 64
To be fair, we don't run races here in really rough stuff anymore,

Cardif 2004 ?
infoasitappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #19
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,955
Quote:
Originally posted by infoasitappens
To be fair, we don't run races here in really rough stuff anymore,

Cardif 2004 ?
Wasn't there,can't comment. I take it was bad.

But it's the exception to the rules these days innit.
__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:15 PM   #20
JBP
member
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally posted by infoasitappens
To be fair, we don't run races here in really rough stuff anymore,

Cardif 2004 ?
ramsgate 04 was a little hairy too or was it 05 I know 1 year the v24s took a pounding
__________________

JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Coniston | Hin »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.