jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:06 AM   #2

Interests: after last weekend...boat racing
Boat name: dreamer
Boat make: still saving
Engines: i wish
Cruising area: none

Novice enthusiast..what fun

I was in Travemunde this weekend. 1st time at a powerboat race.
Read p1 article on Buzzi bullet boat, also saw their lorry with an email history between team & p1, stuck on their windscreen.
If the emails are genuine it would seem that their orange wing tipped wonder boat should have run!!! The talk around the pits, pointed to an Italian conspiracy, seems their boats are too slow.
Funny though, after a bit research I found out that the boat was designed & built by an Italian. Brits, British/Chinese & maltese took the honours, with a Belgium rib coming 4th & the Italians bringing up the rear. It looked like, its not only their tanks with 4 reverse & 1 forward gears.

Racing was really close & exciting. I was lucky enough to be their on a corporate package. The Belgium team arranged for us to have a ride in a boat called Marex. Which is how I found this site.
I read on a previous post, that the inside word is that this boat does 68 mph. I will update you, I was taken for a ride with 5 guys from the Belgium rib team on Sunday morning. The owner did the fast driving & his 8 year old son did the slow harbor driving. The GPS speed was above 71mph & touched 73.2mph once. Scared me to death, but the belgiums seemed very impressed.

It would seem from the conversation I overheard, that Marex will be entering the British P1 grand prix as a wild card.

How come there is only a ski race form on this site?

Thanks

casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:59 AM   #3

Interests: Repairing my boat
Boat name: TABOO
Boat make: ******** 25
Engines: Mercury Optimax 225
Cruising area: North Wales

tick .. tick .. tick .. tick ..tick .. .. .. .. ..
Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:11 PM   #4

Boat make: Ring 25 Sportscruiser
Engines: Mercruiser 496 HO
Cruising area: Solent

and the version purported by P1 :-

http://www.powerboatp1.com/article.i...ageType=latest
GrahamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #5

I would be interested to read the email trail.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #6

Before the boat was bought P1 were given the details and asked if it could run in supersports, they said should be fine, confirmed by email, suddenly the problems begin in Italy
the shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #7

Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

Quote:
Originally posted by clynt
Heres a pic of there lorry wiv the email in the window
Any one know a good optician?
Old 05-07-2006, 06:32 PM   #8

Boat name: DoublEdge Motorsports
Boat make: 30' Skater / 24' Skater
Engines: (2) Mercury 2.5 litre OB
Cruising area: Florida

Is that the old Nemschoff racing boat from the US it sure looks like it?
S-111 DoublEdge Motorsports
Ryan Beckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #9
Chief C*nt!

Interests: Boats
Boat make: Other people's mostly

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Davis
Originally posted by clynt
Heres a pic of there lorry wiv the email in the window
So what happened to Clynt's post then?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:31 AM   #10

Press statement

I thought it wolud be good if everyone knew both sides of the story so here you are:

10 July 2006
Press statement from Andrew Langdon of Buzzi Bullet Offshore Racing in response to being deemed ineligible for Supersports Class in Powerboat P1. We are disappointed with KBL’s decision to disqualify us from Powerboat P1 Supersport Category and on Thursday 6 July we lodged a formal appeal against this decision. We feel that Buzzi Bullet 2 (BB2) is within the rules and is eligible for Supersport and are confident that our appeal will succeed.

One ground of appeal is that before buying Buzzi Bullet 2 we
consulted Massimo Lippi, KBL’s Technical and Sporting Director, and provided the specifications of BB2 to him by email and sought
confirmation that BB2 would be eligible for Supersport category. In reliance on Mr Lippi's email in reply we proceeded to purchase and prepare BB2.

With, as we understand it, over 70 hulls made over the last 10 years and more on order, we are astounded that the Technical Compliance Committee (“TCC”) has come to the decision that this is not a commercial production model.

In addition we are also disappointed that we only received the KBL decision in writing deeming us ineligible on Thursday 29 June, the evening before the start of the German Grand Prix and after we had already competed in the previous Grand Prix in BB2.

We would also like to clarify that we applied for a High Court
injunction to permit us to race in Germany pending our appeal against the TCC decision, in order to preserve the position on all sides – so that if it was decided on appeal that BB2 was in fact eligible for Supersports we would be awarded points according to our positioning in Germany and Anzio, but if the appeal was dismissed, then no points would be awarded.

The High Court Judge made it clear that he was not determining the issue of whether or not BB2 actually qualified as a Supersports boat, but whether KBL should be ordered by injunction to permit us to compete. The injunction was refused on the basis of the contractual terms of the team entry agreement; the injunction was not decided on the merits of our technical eligibility for Supersports Category.

BB2 pilot Drew Langdon said “Whilst we are confident that our boat is within the rules we are saddened that we have had to take court action and bring an appeal in what is, essentially, all about having fun on the water. Powerboat racing is a great sport and one that we are proud to take part in but situations like this ought not to arise.
the shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #11

Interests: booze & birds
Boat name: sunset 2
Boat make: baja 25
Engines: merc496
Cruising area: south coast

For a team that has supported P1 so much & on the basis that the email history is factual, how low can u get. What harm would it have done to let BB2 to race in Germany, the crowd would have appreciated it i'm sure. P1 (kbl) is promoting an amateur sport
(ie costs vastly exceed prize money), KBL's promotion work is very good. They run a professional & impressive event. However they must realise that they are basically promoting a group of totally commited enthusiasts. Protests & sport politics will kill the series real fast.

P1 need to get their act together and firm up the rules. A team should not be allowed to spend £100k+ after being given the green light, only then to find out that they have wasted their money.

How do u attract sponsors in this enviroment!!

P1 organizers need to use as much thought & effort when setting the rules, as they do in promotion.

jagr is offline   Reply With Quote