Boatmad.com

Old 05-02-2007, 03:20 AM   #1

Boat name: DoublEdge Motorsports
Boat make: 30' Skater / 24' Skater
Engines: (2) Mercury 2.5 litre OB
Cruising area: Florida

Class III 6 litre results?

Does anyone know the results of the recent mid east race of the Class III 6 litre series?

S-111 DoublEdge Motorsports
Ryan Beckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
Xii

Adimsc.ae - race canseld
--------------------------
From f2boat.com:

Faisal Mohamed Al Omani from Kuwait, in boat # S17 was racing in the Middle east championship 6L round in Abu Dhabi. Al omani got killed during an accident. The f2boat.com friend Mizan arrived short after and dived in to help, but it was too late.

" I saw him inside the cockpit, and I tried so hard to get him out, but I was not able.

The sea was very rough, but I did not care. He was my team mate, and good friend.

Its a terrible night for all of us" said Mizan on the phone just after the accident that killed Faisal Mohamed Al Omani.

I´ve raced 6L in Abu Dhabi many times, and the water outside can be very rough, Mizan explains that 2 boat had accident at the same place, and he felt that it took too long time before the rescue was there.

Scott Gillman from the organizing club says, " When an accident like this happens, its terrible for all, especially for Al Omani´s family and crew. I have checked the accident boat yesterday, and further investigation will take place by both the hospital and police. We have to try and make our sport even safer, and study this accident to see what we can do better in the future.

Faisal Mohamed Al Omani had not used his oxygen system or released his belts when he was taken out from the boat, so its normal to believe that he was knocked out in the accident.
---------------------
And from Kheleej Times:

DUBAI — Powerboat ace Faisal Al Omani died when his boat capsized after hitting a wave during the early runs of the second round of the GCC Offshore Class 3 Championship yesterday, off Al Lulu island near Abu Dhabi.

Faisal was rushed to the hospital but he succumbd to the injury.

His co-driver Abdul Latif Al Omani had a lucky escape following a quick rescue operation by the organisers. Fourteen boats took part in the race which started late after the afternoon downpour yesterday.

/jussi
Xii is offline   Reply With Quote