Boatmad.com

Old 08-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #21

Interests: Powerboat racing
Boat name: Vodkatini,Cap Camarat,Easy RiderSuper Rider & Hirrondelle
Boat make: Phantom 21,Jeaneau 925 Avenger19.Lorne Campbell Slipstream Tremlett 21.Tigershark 21
Engines: Volvo 5 litre,Merc 115 Tower,Twin 250 Suzukis and 145 Mercruiser LX
Cruising area: Channel Islands and French coast

Apparently the four cylinder Merc is an LX and it did 42mph with an alloy prop on -
With a Stainless laser and a properly heavy driver should do oooh ... 42mph !

Big Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #22

fully finished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltamad View Post
I am definately interested in next years race so I will contact you for info. I am also trying to find out more info on my present boat. All I know is that it has been in a barn for 15 yrs. It was a fully finished boat boat from David Still with all the extras including a plumbed in toilet, Twin 140 mercruisers, the longer pulpit, pushpit rails, an original stainless steel anchor guide and a compass set in a teak seating all original. I suspect that not many Delta 25s were built with this spec. If anyone remembers this boat I would be grateful for info.

My boat was also fully finished to the spec above altho witha Chrysler 318 (225hp) and no rear rail to make access to the davit's easier. My toilet is on the right as you enter the cabin galley on left. Many boats seen to have the opposite configuration.

amott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #23

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

our one was galley on the right and loo to the left
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #24

ON Number

Quote:
No name on the boat unfortuately although there is a registration number inside O.N. 359281. I'm wondering if this is like an SSR Number but for inland waterways does anyone know
The ON is the "Official Number" which means the boat was originally registered on 'part one' of the British Ships Register. If you contact http://www.ukshipregister.co.uk/ukr-...smallships.htm and give them the number they should be able to provide you with information about the boats former owners etc. If you are on Guernsey pop in to the office http://www.guernseyharbours.gov.gg/registry.htm they are pretty helpful in person and are linked to the UK office.

Have a look at http://www.triana-boats.com you'll find all sorts of other Sonny Levi designed boats. I am about to do an upgrade to the site and will add in a page for Delta 25's [run out of pages at the moment]

Paul.
Scarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:24 AM   #25

Thats an interesting site. Glad to see there is such enthusiasm for classic Levi boats.
I owned Trident the original boat that led to Triana boats I think she may have been used to make the moulds. This was Don Shed's first power boat built by Ron and Wally Clare for Don and his father. Her racing history is well known with many C T C's uner her belt. Last raced in the 70,s called O'Lor. I carried out a lot of restoration work on her and eventually donated her to the National Motorboat Museum. Have lots of info on her and pictures if any one is interested.
amott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #26

Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

A pal of mine used to work for Triana's, and a few years ago went out to the Maldives to do some work on the Tantarella based water taxi's that another friend was building out there. He built a deck plug for them, got some pictures somewhere.

The old moulds were refurbished by Trio's before they were shipped out.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #27

Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by amott View Post
Thats an interesting site. Glad to see there is such enthusiasm for classic Levi boats.
I owned Trident the original boat that led to Triana boats I think she may have been used to make the moulds. This was Don Shed's first power boat built by Ron and Wally Clare for Don and his father. Her racing history is well known with many C T C's uner her belt. Last raced in the 70,s called O'Lor. I carried out a lot of restoration work on her and eventually donated her to the National Motorboat Museum. Have lots of info on her and pictures if any one is interested.
Hi Amott, I'd love any info you have on Trident, to add to the potted history of the boats I am trying to put together, I'll PM you my details.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #28

Triana Tantarellas in the Maldives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Davis View Post
A pal of mine used to work for Triana's, and a few years ago went out to the Maldives to do some work on the Tantarella based water taxi's that another friend was building out there. He built a deck plug for them, got some pictures somewhere.

The old moulds were refurbished by Trio's before they were shipped out.
That's a coincidence, someone was telling me only the other day about the moulds being shipped to the Maldives and sent me a pic of the Tantarella based water taxi Estelle? with a modified deck - must have been made by your pal.

It seems they love their deep vees out there; also in the pic is an Omega 828 and a Fairey Spear

Do you know if all the moulds went out there including the 25'/Tropica or was it only the bigger ones?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #29

Boat make: Whats in stock
Engines: Big
Cruising area: Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by amott View Post
I raced Oh Lor in 1975/6 with Roger Kelly (named after his wife Lorraine). We did two seasons 1975 and 76, including CTC. After that we ran the 31 Bertram Canadian Moppie which was bought as a hull, reengined with Sabre diesels and named McQueen Jeans. Aftre Oh Lor was sold we lost trace her.
I only have acouple of pics, and if you have any info on what happened to Oh Lor I would love to see it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh Lor CTC 1975.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	21850  
Bus Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #30

Interests: Restoration
Cruising area: Channel Islands & northern French coast

That's a fantastic photograph.

Big Dutch - the huge drag factor of my frame will also be a handicap for me so we should be on an even keel

Scarron as you already know I'm a big fan of your site and look forward to the Delta page (I think amott will be able to help you here as he has some interesting info on D25s

Keep smilin

Chris
Coronet Kip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #31

Delta Lady

Quote:
I have included one picture of Delta Lady during the 1974 Cowes Torquay Cowes and another of my new Delta which I am renovating at present. Hope these are what you want
Hi, I think I've got Delta Lady, I can just about see the numbers 317 when she's polished. when I bought her from Rochester Kent in 2003 she still had the 888 Mercruiser, albeit worst for wear. I have put in a 165hp Mercruiser Diesel on a Bravo 3 Leg.
She now lives in the Isles of Scilly, Great to see the pics of her racing.
eclipsescilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #32

delta 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsescilly View Post
Hi, I think I've got Delta Lady, I can just about see the numbers 317 when she's polished. when I bought her from Rochester Kent in 2003 she still had the 888 Mercruiser, albeit worst for wear. I have put in a 165hp Mercruiser Diesel on a Bravo 3 Leg.
Hi eclipsescilly.
I nearly bought your delta at Rochester the engine was half full with water when i looked at her nice boat though. Have you got here back on the water yet.Whats the handling like.
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #33

Delta Lady

Hi Freddie, I've had her in the water about four years and she's great, not as fast as she was , about 28 kts now. I,ve got her out of the water again at the moment to do some things I didnt do when I swapped the engine.I am also fitting hydraulic steering, as I kept shredding power steering belts.
We've been to the mainland a few times and she handles great. I did manage to get the old engine started , then this diesel came along and I thought I would use it more as its a lot cheaper to run.
Old 31-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #34

Hi eclipsescilly
My daughter lives in Scilly on St Agnes. Laura Hicks from Troytown Farm. If the boat was bought in Rochester with the number 317 on it this is definately Delta Lady. We come down to Scilly regularly and must meet up with you and see the boat. We were there for gig week but didn't see you on the water. Will probably be there September or October. I am just about to fit the new engine and leg to my "new" Delta 25. I'm using a 350 magnum on a Bravo 1 leg. I'm hoping for some good performance. Catch you agan Deltamad
Deltamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:10 PM   #35

delta lady

Quote:
Hi eclipsescilly
I think you've got delta lady there, when i looked at her the guy said she used to be a race boat and could see the number on the side.If i remember she was called Charlie delta. Will you be putting racing livery back on.
Old 21-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #36

Quote:
Hi eclipsescilly
My daughter lives in Scilly on St Agnes. Laura Hicks begin_of_the_skype_highlighting*****end_of_the_sky pe_highlighting
from Troytown Farm. If the boat was bought in Rochester with the number 317 on it this is definately Delta Lady. We come down to Scilly regularly and must meet up with you and see the boat. We were there for gig week but didn't see you on the water. Will probably be there September or October. I am just about to fit the new engine and leg to my "new" Delta 25. I'm using a 350 magnum on a Bravo 1 leg. I'm hoping for some good performance. Catch you agan Deltamad
I forgot to mention we bought this boat (Delta Lady) new in 1973 from David Still Marine. It cost £4,400 and was engined with an 888 mercruiser but only part fitted out for home completion. We sold in 1976 to a garage owner on the Thames. We found her again in Rochester (renamed Charlie Delta) about 7 or 8 years ago but could not get hold of the owner to purchase and eventually gave up.

I now have another Delta 25 which I am rebuilding and re engining.

Just a note of caution for anyone with a Delta 25, The timber transom in mine was completely rotten and I have had to replace it. There were no signs that it was rotten, I was lucky and discovered it because I was changing from a twin to single engine installation.
Deltamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #37

Delta Lady

Quote:
I forgot to mention we bought this boat (Delta Lady) new in 1973 from David Still Marine. It cost £4,400 and was engined with an 888 mercruiser but only part fitted out for home completion. We sold in 1976 to a garage owner on the Thames. We found her again in Rochester (renamed Charlie Delta) about 7 or 8 years ago but could not get hold of the owner to purchase and eventually gave up.

I now have another Delta 25 which I am rebuilding and re engining.

Just a note of caution for anyone with a Delta 25, The timber transom in mine was completely rotten and I have had to replace it. There were no signs that it was rotten, I was lucky and discovered it because I was changing from a twin to single engine installation.
Hi Deltamad, thanks for the info, it would be great to have a chat next time your over. we're on St. Martins Jo and Dave Williams.
Old 31-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #38

Delta Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Hi eclipsescilly
I think you've got delta lady there, when i looked at her the guy said she used to be a race boat and could see the number on the side.If i remember she was called Charlie delta. Will you be putting racing livery back on.
Hi Freddy, I,ve been thinking about the racing livery it does look good. Ive got a bit more work to do over the winter so maybe next season. She,s just gone back in the water for whats left of the summer just to give her a run and make sure everythings working ok. I was half thinking of getting to the ctc celebrations, but couldn't get it ready in time.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #39

smuggler boats

Quote:
Hi Freddy, I,ve been thinking about the racing livery it does look good. Ive got a bit more work to do over the winter so maybe next season. She,s just gone back in the water for whats left of the summer just to give her a run and make sure everythings working ok. I was half thinking of getting to the ctc celebrations, but couldn't get it ready in time.
Does anyone know if smuggler boats have any connection with levi designs they look very similar to the delta's.
Old 19-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #40

Unknown background

Hi. I have just bought a Delta 25 project from Eastland Boatyard on the Hamble. It had previously been at Hamble Point Marina and was taken by MDL in lieu of mooring fees and sold before ending up in Tim's hands at Eastlands. It is now blue but I don't know the original colour. I do know that it had been fitted with twin engines. Any ideas of her history, please?
The fit out is going well with windows and screens on, the galley is in the process of being fitted out as is the heads [on the port side].

SacreBleu is offline   Reply With Quote