Boatmad.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 22-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Country: UK. Essex
Location: Mayland
Occupation: Train Driver
Boat name: Un-named as yet
Boat make: Phantom 21
Engines: yam 225
Cruising area: Thames estuary Black water/crouch

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mayland
Posts: 373
Finally out

Well managed to get her out on sunday, weather not brilliant in Essex but thought sod it im going for it anyway. Two other boats out, a Fletcher with an inboard which i guess had a few problems as he had the bonnet up a couple of times and a Bayliner. Not forgetting the (rules dont apply to me) wet bikes swamming round like flys, in perticular a female on one who obviously had no idea of rules of the road or any concept of safety to herself and others and obviously thought it ok to change course when ever the mood took her including cutting across my bow as i approched her or just aimed it towards me and everyone else for us to get out her way. Maybe women drive wet bikes like there cars lol.

Anyway got the boat out and reasonably happy with it, although im not sure of the speed it was doing as i dont know how accurate the gauges are. Its a 200hp Mariner but the speedo only showed it was doing 40mph that was with the trim right in and bow tank full, trimmed the engine out a bit and speedo read 50mph then and the revs went off the scale which goes to 6000rpm but then the rev counter never falls to zero even when the engine is off. The boat felt it was going a lot faster than the speedo was reading though. I trimmed it out a little more but the boat started slipping side to side. I think maybe the engine height might need adjusting, or possibly a different prop as the one on it is a stainless 5 blade with unknown pitch (cant find any numbers on it)

On the whole not too bad just a few teething problems to iron out including an oil leak as i found 2 stroke oil all over the engine and running down it, proberbly an oil pipe leaking but unable to see where from as i cant get the engine to flush with the muffs, no water coming out of the tell-tale so couldnt run the engine to flush it and also find where the leak is coming from, but it does squirt from the tell-tale when the engine is in the water. I guess a good service wont go a miss
__________________

Carl_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
Taz
Registered User
 
Country: Essex
Location: Great Stambridge Essex
Occupation: Director Paving company
Interests: Boating/Squash
Cruising area: Essex Marina/crouch southeast coast

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Great Stambridge Essex
Posts: 2,032
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_B View Post
Well managed to get her out on sunday, weather not brilliant in Essex but thought sod it im going for it anyway. Two other boats out, a Fletcher with an inboard which i guess had a few problems as he had the bonnet up a couple of times and a Bayliner. Not forgetting the (rules dont apply to me) wet bikes swamming round like flys, in perticular a female on one who obviously had no idea of rules of the road or any concept of safety to herself and others and obviously thought it ok to change course when ever the mood took her including cutting across my bow as i approched her or just aimed it towards me and everyone else for us to get out her way. Maybe women drive wet bikes like there cars lol.

Anyway got the boat out and reasonably happy with it, although im not sure of the speed it was doing as i dont know how accurate the gauges are. Its a 200hp Mariner but the speedo only showed it was doing 40mph that was with the trim right in and bow tank full, trimmed the engine out a bit and speedo read 50mph then and the revs went off the scale which goes to 6000rpm but then the rev counter never falls to zero even when the engine is off. The boat felt it was going a lot faster than the speedo was reading though. I trimmed it out a little more but the boat started slipping side to side. I think maybe the engine height might need adjusting, or possibly a different prop as the one on it is a stainless 5 blade with unknown pitch (cant find any numbers on it)

On the whole not too bad just a few teething problems to iron out including an oil leak as i found 2 stroke oil all over the engine and running down it, proberbly an oil pipe leaking but unable to see where from as i cant get the engine to flush with the muffs, no water coming out of the tell-tale so couldnt run the engine to flush it and also find where the leak is coming from, but it does squirt from the tell-tale when the engine is in the water. I guess a good service wont go a miss


Have to meet up for a blast fella!
__________________

__________________
[
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
Executive Member
 
fullbore's Avatar
 
Country: U.K
Location: Poole
Interests: Boats
Boat name: Indecent Proposal
Boat make: Phantom 18
Engines: Mariner V6
Cruising area: southwest/southeast

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Poole
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_B View Post
Well managed to get her out on sunday, weather not brilliant in Essex but thought sod it im going for it anyway. Two other boats out, a Fletcher with an inboard which i guess had a few problems as he had the bonnet up a couple of times and a Bayliner. Not forgetting the (rules dont apply to me) wet bikes swamming round like flys, in perticular a female on one who obviously had no idea of rules of the road or any concept of safety to herself and others and obviously thought it ok to change course when ever the mood took her including cutting across my bow as i approched her or just aimed it towards me and everyone else for us to get out her way. Maybe women drive wet bikes like there cars lol.

Anyway got the boat out and reasonably happy with it, although im not sure of the speed it was doing as i dont know how accurate the gauges are. Its a 200hp Mariner but the speedo only showed it was doing 40mph that was with the trim right in and bow tank full, trimmed the engine out a bit and speedo read 50mph then and the revs went off the scale which goes to 6000rpm but then the rev counter never falls to zero even when the engine is off. The boat felt it was going a lot faster than the speedo was reading though. I trimmed it out a little more but the boat started slipping side to side. I think maybe the engine height might need adjusting, or possibly a different prop as the one on it is a stainless 5 blade with unknown pitch (cant find any numbers on it)

On the whole not too bad just a few teething problems to iron out including an oil leak as i found 2 stroke oil all over the engine and running down it, proberbly an oil pipe leaking but unable to see where from as i cant get the engine to flush with the muffs, no water coming out of the tell-tale so couldnt run the engine to flush it and also find where the leak is coming from, but it does squirt from the tell-tale when the engine is in the water. I guess a good service wont go a miss
My Mariner On Muffs always takes longer to come through Tell-Tale,dont think there`s a problem there.Good to here you finally got out.
__________________
Can`t Help Sickness !
fullbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Country: UK. Essex
Location: Mayland
Occupation: Train Driver
Boat name: Un-named as yet
Boat make: Phantom 21
Engines: yam 225
Cruising area: Thames estuary Black water/crouch

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mayland
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
Have to meet up for a blast fella!
That would be good i'd look forward to that although your boat will make mine look like a dingy and blow mine away all my sea cred will be gone lol
Carl_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Country: UK. Essex
Location: Mayland
Occupation: Train Driver
Boat name: Un-named as yet
Boat make: Phantom 21
Engines: yam 225
Cruising area: Thames estuary Black water/crouch

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mayland
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbore View Post
My Mariner On Muffs always takes longer to come through Tell-Tale,dont think there`s a problem there.Good to here you finally got out.
Yep felt good to be back on the water again. Hopefully thats all it is just slow coming through.
Carl_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
Registered User
 
daren's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Wickford Essex
Interests: water sports
Boat name: Whatever
Boat make: Phantom 25
Engines: 2 x Merc 2.5 efi 260's
Cruising area: River Thames and River Crouch

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wickford Essex
Posts: 317
I wouldn't worry about that as we usually have the last laugh when taz gets stopped by the police, on the water or on the road.

Last time they set up a road block for him and sent out a high speed BMW to chase him, like he's gone get up 150mph towing a P28 through country lanes...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_B View Post
That would be good i'd look forward to that although your boat will make mine look like a dingy and blow mine away all my sea cred will be gone lol
__________________

__________________
.
Shoulders back, chest out - lovely bouys
daren is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.