Interests: Boating/4x4s/Fast Cars
Boat name: Namotu
Boat make: Extreme 24
Engines: 383 Mag Stroker
Cruising area: Channel Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
We bought a camera to fix on the back..so if its nice we will be out testing

Sounds cool! Is it a hero cam by any chance?

I love the view looking back from the front of the boat, would like to get a little camera for that! Make sure you post the videos...

Forecast is looking reasonable for saturday... and the tides are pretty good too I think, can go out for a day's play!

Old 23-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #42

Boat name: Monkey Nutz
Boat make: Cougar R8 Sport
Engines: Verado 350 Sci
Cruising area: Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy21 View Post
Sounds cool! Is it a hero cam by any chance?

I love the view looking back from the front of the boat, would like to get a little camera for that! Make sure you post the videos...

Forecast is looking reasonable for saturday... and the tides are pretty good too I think, can go out for a day's play!
Yep its a hero pro wide, looks like it should do the job.

TonyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #43

Interests: burning fuel
Boat name: obsession
Boat make: extreme 24/ scarab 30
Engines: extreme=496HO scarab=twin 5.7L + gale banks twin turbo on trs
Cruising area: Guernsey, herm, sark etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
Yep its a hero pro wide, looks like it should do the job.
does it record sound? I saw your vid, quality seems ok, would like to know how it performs in the rough.

I'm hoping for good weather this weekend, Jersey met seems to think it'll be ok.

If it's good, you still going to Jersey?
lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #44

Boat name: Monkey Nutz
Boat make: Cougar R8 Sport
Engines: Verado 350 Sci
Cruising area: Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lain View Post
does it record sound? I saw your vid, quality seems ok, would like to know how it performs in the rough.

I'm hoping for good weather this weekend, Jersey met seems to think it'll be ok.

If it's good, you still going to Jersey?
Hi
I think we are still planning Jersey on Sunday, just a bit unsure of mooring space.
The camera does record sound but because its in a housing its muffled. the Video quality is better than You tube.
If you want the original files, thats no probs. I took some video today so I'll post it later.

tony
TonyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:56 PM   #45
GLC

Cruising area: Channel Islands & Adjacent French Coast

Smile

Quote:
Had some fun today, was a bit choppy so got to experience a more bumpy ride, drives really different from the ring21.

Havent really played with the trim yet. Want to get used to the experience first.

Might take it to Jersey tomorrow. Anyone else going my way?
Glad to see another Extreme24 here in Guernsey. I took last season off but mine will be back in the water any day now...

I've had mine since new and have clocked more than 5,000 miles between the Channel Islands & France. I don't go too fast these days as a family is usually on board although I do have the odd lunchtime blast with my bro.

Anyway see you on the water some time.

By the way I have done St. Helier to SPP in 22minutes - really flat day the first season I had the boat 1998! Flew past the other two Ring24's which were around that time
glecheminant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by glecheminant View Post
Glad to see another Extreme24 here in Guernsey. I took last season off but mine will be back in the water any day now...

I've had mine since new and have clocked more than 5,000 miles between the Channel Islands & France. I don't go too fast these days as a family is usually on board although I do have the odd lunchtime blast with my bro.

By the way I have done St. Helier to SPP in 22minutes - really flat day the first season I had the boat 1998! Flew past the other two Ring24's which were around that time
Excellent, have you thought about entering it in the racing in 3 weeks time, and that's a quick time to jersey.

Went a couple of weeks ago and it was a bit rough. Took me 48 minutes, but didn't go over 40 knots and had to slow up nearer Jersey.

The way back was much more bumpy, what do you top out at?
Old 03-06-2009, 06:23 AM   #47
GLC

Quote:
Excellent, have you thought about entering it in the racing in 3 weeks time, and that's a quick time to jersey.

Went a couple of weeks ago and it was a bit rough. Took me 48 minutes, but didn't go over 40 knots and had to slow up nearer Jersey.

The way back was much more bumpy, what do you top out at?
Without anti fouling she was good for low 70's - 71/72 mph. Now with anti-fouling she was around 60-65 - couldn't believe the difference this made but it's a lot less hassle when kept on a mooring.

the Jersey run was as flat as a milk pond from start to finish and I was flat out from start to finish!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #48

Quote:

You must live down the road from me then! I used to walk past everyday on my way home from school and admire your boat!

When are you going to launch? I see she is looking very clean with the full cover off!

Look forward to seeing you out there!

Andy
Old 03-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #49
GLC

Quote:
You must live down the road from me then! I used to walk past everyday on my way home from school and admire your boat!

When are you going to launch? I see she is looking very clean with the full cover off!

Andy
Should be going in this weekend weather permitting. She is nice and clean at moment!
Old 03-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #50

Quote:
Should be going in this weekend weather permitting. She is nice and clean at moment!
Mine's going back in tomorrow, or later during the week weather permitting because I launch it a Perelle. Weekend has rain forecast from mid saturday.

I took it out because it's just easier to work on them at home with all my tools handy.

Look forward to seeing you out there.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #51
GLC

Quote:
Mine's going back in tomorrow, or later during the week weather permitting because I launch it a Perelle. Weekend has rain forecast from mid saturday.

I took it out because it's just easier to work on them at home with all my tools handy.

Look forward to seeing you out there.
Launching @ Perrelle....interesting - do you recover from there as well? I was considering lauching at Rocquaine for a change and going around south about. Saturday evening is looking Ok now weather wise but I'm sure it will change again.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #52
GLC

Quote:

Andy

Andy,

Are you the guy that lives at La Pomare? If so is that your Suzuki Jeep and if so is it up for grabs?

Apologies for the direct approach!

Cheers,
Glen
Old 04-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #53

Hello Glen,

That is indeed me! She is currently acting as my "tool shed" but i'd happily let her go to another home! My dad mentioned about you needing some parts a while back?

No worries for the direct approach, I'll bear it in mine when I ask for a ride in your extreme!

Andy
Old 04-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #54

Quote:
Launching @ Perrelle....interesting - do you recover from there as well? I was considering lauching at Rocquaine for a change and going around south about. Saturday evening is looking Ok now weather wise but I'm sure it will change again.
Perelle gets rough at high tide it's best to launch 1.5-2 hours before or after.

But I've got the system down to a T even in a swell. Get the back in the water, outdrive down a bit and start, reverse a bit more then disconnect trailer line. Then tell boat driver to put it in reverse the second I start reversing the car/tractor. This also stops the boat being pushed forward by the swell and bashing onto the trailer. The slipways are not that steep so the boat might still be firm on the trailer. Just hit the brakes when you've gone in as far as you dare and that should release it.

I've tried to recover there before at high water and it was bad. Didn't want to be there then but had an engine malfunction so went round the south coast on one, took hours at 6 knots. Longer than I thought and it was getting dark, cold and started raining. The swell was knocking my dads tractor a couple of inches sideways nearer the side of the slipway with each hit and bashing the boat a bit. 4 foot of water then nothing, then 4 foot of water again. Didn't damage the boat though, my dads got that one now.

I recover my boat in town now, easier to line it up and get it spot on.

I don't see any reason you couldn't launch it at Rocquaine.