Boatmad.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,959
It's all over...

Bobby Young dies

http://www.miamiherald.com:80/884/story/977938.html
__________________

__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: Hampshire
Interests: Lots of things
Cruising area: Basingstoke ring road.

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 331
Oh Thats a Evil story.

You cannot believe people doing that to each other. I can always remember people saying how bad floride was in the 80s early 90s. I have never wanted to go there because of this kind of thing going on. The news used to say dont drive a hire car about because family were getting pick off by these kind of groups.
__________________

Shelbysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
Registered User
 
dowdy's Avatar
 
Country: shropshire england.
Location: oswestry
Occupation: Retired
Interests: Yodelling
Boat name: Veni Vidi Vici or Conked
Boat make: G.P.14
Engines: 4h.p. Mercury
Cruising area: Cap de Agde

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: oswestry
Posts: 1,311
rental cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbysteve View Post
Oh Thats a Evil story.

You cannot believe people doing that to each other. I can always remember people saying how bad floride was in the 80s early 90s. I have never wanted to go there because of this kind of thing going on. The news used to say dont drive a hire car about because family were getting pick off by these kind of groups.
ALAMO was emblazoned on the rear of every fly drive deal in them days,open invite to all the puerto ricans in downtown miami to pull a gun on yer,drove from fort lauderdale to miami and back,robbed both ways,cops did nothing,intra coastal waterway beautiful,venture half mile inland you will get your throat slit,even on the beachfront 20 odd armed cops on their CHIPS bikes either end of the dual carraigeway,rule brittania anyday.
__________________
when in doubt trim outCARPE DIEM
dowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Tony Davis's Avatar
 
Country: Job Centre
Location: In a box
Occupation: Chaos's gofer
Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: In a box
Posts: 5,201
You lot must have been going to a different bit of Florida to me, I've been going for the last 30+ years and haven't ever been involved, or seen any trouble.

Like all places, a little common sense is all that's needed!
__________________
Chaos for Moderator.
Tony Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
Tenerif, nice place
 
Country: Spain
Location: Tenerif
Boat name: Survaivor
Boat make: Phantom Copy 28 (Not Rafffshore)
Engines: Yamaha 2x250

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tenerif
Posts: 140
Justice is served¡¡¡¡¡

You are right, Florida is a nice place, just need common sense
juanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Country: UK

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
From the Book "Blue Thunder" by Thomas Burdick & Charlene Mitchell, I understood it that Bobby Young took the rap for Aronows murder with a very unconvincing account of events and that hitman Frank Schweihs is really thought to have carried out the Hit.

Because of the Bush and Mafia connections, i dont think we will ever know the real truth on this case.
Jon Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #7
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip1 View Post
Because of the Bush and Mafia connections, i dont think we will ever know the real truth on this case.
Agreed.

Have you also read 'Speed Kills'? That's also very interesting.
__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: Hampshire
Interests: Lots of things
Cruising area: Basingstoke ring road.

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Davis View Post
You lot must have been going to a different bit of Florida to me, I've been going for the last 30+ years and haven't ever been involved, or seen any trouble.

Like all places, a little common sense is all that's needed!

Lol! It sounds like your the Godfather then Tony If i was a Don I wouldnt bother you.
Shelbysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: Hampshire
Interests: Lots of things
Cruising area: Basingstoke ring road.

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdy View Post
ALAMO was emblazoned on the rear of every fly drive deal in them days,open invite to all the puerto ricans in downtown miami to pull a gun on yer,drove from fort lauderdale to miami and back,robbed both ways,cops did nothing,intra coastal waterway beautiful,venture half mile inland you will get your throat slit,even on the beachfront 20 odd armed cops on their CHIPS bikes either end of the dual carraigeway,rule brittania anyday.
Yehp Thats spot on the kind of this i learnt. I never got to see Mickey Mouse in Florida because of this! thinking Don Mickey and Pluto would cut my throat too. So we went to LA instead only to hear a gunshot in downtown Anaheim, You can never trust those Disney
Shelbysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: Hampshire
Interests: Lots of things
Cruising area: Basingstoke ring road.

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip1 View Post
From the Book "Blue Thunder" by Thomas Burdick & Charlene Mitchell, I understood it that Bobby Young took the rap for Aronows murder with a very unconvincing account of events and that hitman Frank Schweihs is really thought to have carried out the Hit.

Because of the Bush and Mafia connections, i dont think we will ever know the real truth on this case.
So it true then Blue Thunder was a true story and Hulf Hogan was in control of it! I always remember waiting for that film to come out on Video and then seeing how crap it was apart from the bikini girls and the Hull of the boat. I didnt now it was a series thou.



Shelbysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #11
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: Hampshire
Interests: Lots of things
Cruising area: Basingstoke ring road.

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanto View Post
Justice is served¡¡¡¡¡

You are right, Florida is a nice place, just need common sense
Lol! I got told off for spelling Common SenCe with a senSe the other day on Facebook, I was geting fedup with companys around here and said that want to open a shop called Common Sense.
Shelbysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #12
Registered User
 
Country: UK

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
Agreed.

Have you also read 'Speed Kills'? That's also very interesting.
Funny enough, I have just started reading it. Hard going because of the small print and paperback format.

Dont you just love that Iconic photo of Don with torn shirt sleeves, clutching his arm with a grimace on his face? Legendary, until you know how that picture came about in truth. LOL
Jon Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Country: UK

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,231
Jon,

Have you seen the book "Drug Busters" by Rasmussen?

It has some photos of the Blue Thunders and Chris Craft Stingers of that era.
Jon Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #14
Registered User
 
dowdy's Avatar
 
Country: shropshire england.
Location: oswestry
Occupation: Retired
Interests: Yodelling
Boat name: Veni Vidi Vici or Conked
Boat make: G.P.14
Engines: 4h.p. Mercury
Cruising area: Cap de Agde

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: oswestry
Posts: 1,311
florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Davis View Post
You lot must have been going to a different bit of Florida to me, I've been going for the last 30+ years and haven't ever been involved, or seen any trouble.

Like all places, a little common sense is all that's needed!
I drove all over florida,great place for boat madders,NOT a great place for tourists,a british couple were shot dead while we were there and the travel agents even gave every body instructions not to stop on the main routes down also stated that if you where robbed offer no resistance whatsoever,just give them what they wanted,over here the latest bit of bling would be something from gucci or gabbana,over there it would be a magnum or a colt 45 special,could of even bought a gun myself,plenty of shops openly selling them.TONY,go over the bridge in MIAMI,drive 1 mile,get yourself in to the shanty town side,when you come back here,tell us all about it,if you get back that is.JUANTO,no offence meant against the spanish,what happened to me and my family whilst touring florida is fact,they were armed and of hispanic origan,the cops said puerto rican illegals,having said that,robbers can come from any denomination.Gangs and gun culture seemed to be the norm when we were there,it was 87/88 tho.
__________________
when in doubt trim outCARPE DIEM
dowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #15
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,862
I am pretty sure me, Chaos & Ace got lost right in the roughest bit (I can't be properly sure, cos we were lost, after all) last feb. With Chaos as co-pilot/bodyguard, we didn't get any hassle at all.

In fact, the only hassle we got the whole time was from the rozzers, but that's Chaos own fault.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #16
Registered User
 
dowdy's Avatar
 
Country: shropshire england.
Location: oswestry
Occupation: Retired
Interests: Yodelling
Boat name: Veni Vidi Vici or Conked
Boat make: G.P.14
Engines: 4h.p. Mercury
Cruising area: Cap de Agde

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: oswestry
Posts: 1,311
hassle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I am pretty sure me, Chaos & Ace got lost right in the roughest bit (I can't be properly sure, cos we were lost, after all) last feb. With Chaos as co-pilot/bodyguard, we didn't get any hassle at all.

In fact, the only hassle we got the whole time was from the rozzers, but that's Chaos own fault.
Now go back with your wife and two kids holding your hands,yes we probably asked for it,you learn by your mistakes,not surprised coppers pulled you,three big blokes holding hands diffrent scenario.
__________________
when in doubt trim outCARPE DIEM
dowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #17
The Doc
 
Captain Chaos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
In fact, the only hassle we got the whole time was from the rozzers, but that's Chaos own fault.
It was the Palm Beach State Trooper I'll have you know!

and it all got sorted in the end.......... I just had to endure a couple of months of sleepless nights
Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #18
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
It was the Palm Beach State Trooper ..... I just had to endure a couple of months of sleepless nights

I'm not quite ready to hear the details of your little "arrangement" with said "Troopers"...
__________________
“Never try to wrestle a pig” ™ The Sparkler Prefect
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #19
The Doc
 
Captain Chaos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,265
Jono, its really not that interesting.............. I blame the whole episode on Mathew "we gotta get the biggest goddam gangsta rappper vehicle on offer at the hire place" Yorke.

well, that & my lead foot
Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #20
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,862
Damn right! That sucker was so under powered I'm surprised Captain Leadfoot even got it near the speed limit, let alone exceeding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
the biggest goddam gangsta rappper vehicle
__________________

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×