Boatmad.com

Old 07-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #21
JBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Davis View Post

As explained earlier, it's allways gonna be "kids class" to me, especially when the majority of racers are kids.
I wish it was the majority like when is started, however, 16 of the regulars are in the 900/1500 over 16 (adult) series and only 7 below 16 now :S

My oldest lad is one of the originals who trained in the winter of 2002 and raced in feb 03 just outside the RMYC and he's only 15 now..... the youngest being 13 has only just got going with it so you could say I'm providing nearly 33% of the juniors....ouch £££

Anyway, latest on MW, he's doing ok so all the regulars it Cobbs better watch out as an ETEC powered mobility scooter is NOT an option

JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #22
Young Blood

Interests: Skipper/Teaching. Drinking/Partying
Cruising area: Solent

Send a message via MSN to LukeJustLuke Send a message via Skype™ to LukeJustLuke
dont want to get on the wrong side of anyone, but this doesn't really give us a good name out there....

The first post is this .....

I have recently been watching the antics in studland bay of a number of sports boats who seem to think that the anchor exclusion area can be used as a private race circuit main culprits there are a Phanthom 18 with a evinrude outboard and some kids in one of the fletcher 14's that they use to race, these two boats seem to be related maybe father and son. .

then followed by this....

The guy in the Phantom is the jetskier in the incident, and the Fletcher driver is his son, who was the lad on the VHF.

It a funny ole game ain't it.

Just wanted to have my say, but heres always a couple that seem to give us a bad name, I dont want to course no offence to anyone and I wish the gent in question all the best and makes a speedy recovery!

Old 07-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #23
Agent Secateur

Interests: Sheep worrying
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dodger View Post
Having read the above, and observed these selfish individuals carrying on there antics within the 5 kts speed limit i would say he got what he deseved and i dont mean a helicopter ride.

Kids, sorry Children, swim and snorkel arround the bay and why shoudnt they ? Its, a very small portion of the sea set aside for peace, quiet and the safety of the people using it.

And before you think im not into noise, jet skis and powerboats, i very much am, but in the right place.
Seconded. There's a lot of water out there. Why people seem to think cocking around near moored boats is OK is beyond me.
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 AM   #24
Engine tester

Interests: Gin & Women
Boat name: motorvator
Boat make: Revenger San Marino / Sunseeker Camargue 46 / Phantom 18/19/600
Engines: 502 mercruiser / Detroit 550s / 115 ProXS / Anything Borrowed
Cruising area: Thames, Southend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil devil View Post
Are you that sad that you get your kicks posting about an un-related to powerboat racing incident?
The man races and adults boat in an adults class that is thrithing. The whole post stinks of jealousy....it's not the RYA that's killing the sport it's bitter sad old gits like you that are. Kids class indeed - grow up and get with the times!
I'm sure there's more than a few thinking it so I'll say it....

I'd like to think that when the RYA get wind of this that this guy's licence is revoked and banned from holding even basic.

If he's enough of an idiot to hit a sailing boat who the hell would want him near a race course.