Boatmad.com

Old 07-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #1

phantom 21

Hi there,,does anybody know where I can find the serial number on an old phantom....or any info. I believe it to be an ex race boat used under the name of gunrunner. It is beige with a dark grey panel on the whole side with an orange stripe around that.Cheers

whitie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Executive Member

Interests: Boats
Boat name: Indecent Proposal
Boat make: Phantom 18
Engines: Mariner V6
Cruising area: southwest/southeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitie View Post
Hi there,,does anybody know where I can find the serial number on an old phantom....or any info. I believe it to be an ex race boat used under the name of gunrunner. It is beige with a dark grey panel on the whole side with an orange stripe around that.Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
Gavin Brown was asking about Hull ID the other day, so here goes:

Phantom Hull identification

Info for determining the age of Phantom boats

'Boats built before October 1987 had a simple reversed date system on the transom, i.e. If your boat has the numbers '860322' your boats construction was first started on: 22nd March 1986

From October 1987, to December 1997, things were a little more complicated, the hull ID consisted of a number (in most cases 3 digits), followed by a single letter. i.e.: 021J The number represents the build number, in sequence, across the model range, for that financial year. And the letter represents the financial year in which it was built (April to March) The first 2 years though, were, just to be confusing, different!, boats built from October 1987 to December 1987, used the letter 'A' (2 month period) Boats built from January 1988 to March 1989, used the letter 'B' (15 month period) From then on, each letter represents each financial year (excluding 'I') as follows:

Oct 87---Dec 87 ='A' (2 months)

Jan 88---Mar 89 ='B' (15 months)

Apr 89---Mar 90 = 'C'

Apr 90---Mar 91 ='D'

Apr 91---Mar 92 = 'E'

Apr 92---Mar 93 = 'F'

Apr 93---Mar 94 = 'G'

Apr 94---Mar 95 = 'H'

...............(missed 'I')

Apr 95---Mar 96 = 'J'

Apr 96---Mar 97 = 'K'

Apr 97---Dec 97 = 'L' (9 months)

So, a boat with the HIN: 021J would be the 21st boat built by phantom in the financial year 1996. One would need to refer to the factory records to determine exactly what model it would have been, and in which Month it was built.

From January 1998, the standard RCD (recreational craft directive) HIN system was used. This defines the boat in more detail, i.e. the country of origin, the manufacturers code, the boat model, the boat No, the month and year of production, and the model year. For example, GB-PHA28016H303 would be a phantom 28, built in GB, by Phantom boats, it would be the 16th P28' built to date, the build began in Aug 2003, and it is a 2003 model year. It splits up like this: Great Britain-Phantom boats-28'-No16-started in Aug 2003-2003 model. Clear as mud!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #3

Interests: Yodelling
Boat name: Veni Vidi Vici or Conked
Boat make: G.P.14
Engines: 4h.p. Mercury
Cruising area: Cap de Agde

Quote:
Hiya,my old boat,bought it new in 1986,where did you find it?Do you want to sell it? number should be top right on transom.Iwas told it was at an equestrian centre nr. london,when i spoke to them they said they knew nowt about it,loads of happy memories with that boat,was looking to buy it back for my daughter.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #4

p21

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #5

p21

The History Of The Gunrunner ..a Friend Of Mine In Hampshire Purchased This Phantom From A Car Dealer Out Of The Thames Valley Autotrader In 1995 For The Sum Of 8500k.it Came With A Stock Looking 200 Hp Mariner...got It Home , Bumped Up The Kirb Outside His House And The Wheel Came Clean Off...not Wanting Any More Trailer Problems Purchased A New One From Weelmore Trailers For The Sum Of 1500 Quid. The Very Next Weekend Bombed Down To Hayling Island With A Fist Full Of Petrol Vouchers Dipped It In Roared Off And Siezed The Engine Solid......yep..waterpump. Took It Home, Put It In His Garden And Thats Where It Stayed For Years. A Few Years Back We Got It Out And Took It My Work Place Where It Was In The Way..moved It To My Friends Farm..the Stables You Mentioned....not So Long Ago Moved It Back To My Work Place Where It Is Still In The Way..it Is For Sale And In Need Of Some Tlc. Regards Graham.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #6

Interests: Bikes, boats and engines etc.
Boat make: Cobra RIB
Engines: Mercury Optimax
Cruising area: Solent

Quote:
The History Of The Gunrunner ..a Friend Of Mine In Hampshire Purchased This Phantom From A Car Dealer Out Of The Thames Valley Autotrader In 1995 For The Sum Of 8500k.it Came With A Stock Looking 200 Hp Mariner...got It Home , Bumped Up The Kirb Outside His House And The Wheel Came Clean Off...not Wanting Any More Trailer Problems Purchased A New One From Weelmore Trailers For The Sum Of 1500 Quid. The Very Next Weekend Bombed Down To Hayling Island With A Fist Full Of Petrol Vouchers Dipped It In Roared Off And Siezed The Engine Solid......yep..waterpump. Took It Home, Put It In His Garden And Thats Where It Stayed For Years. A Few Years Back We Got It Out And Took It My Work Place Where It Was In The Way..moved It To My Friends Farm..the Stables You Mentioned....not So Long Ago Moved It Back To My Work Place Where It Is Still In The Way..it Is For Sale And In Need Of Some Tlc. Regards Graham.
Where abouts in the country and how much is it?
Pics?
Old 07-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizm View Post
Where abouts in the country and how much is it?
Pics?
Ditto
Old 08-07-2009, 11:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Dun Deal.Will have the wheel back at yours for tuesday,can you make sure all the studs are back on ready for when you get back of hols,its a long tow to ours,ten tins of T.L.C. bought on way back up, den.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #9

p21

It would be nice to see the old girl back to its former glory...and back to Its original owner...I hope they are big tins of t.l.c.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #10

Got the wheel from indespension when i was up there yesterday,yhey have posted it to you direct,T.L.C. tins where for me,i must be mad,daughter knows nowt about it yet,gonna spray it same as p25,EXOCET1 and EXOCET11,we will go out together,her behind of course,cheers mate
Old 10-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdy View Post
Got the wheel from indespension when i was up there yesterday,yhey have posted it to you direct,T.L.C. tins where for me,i must be mad,daughter knows nowt about it yet,gonna spray it same as p25,EXOCET1 and EXOCET11,we will go out together,her behind of course,cheers mate
lucky girl she is mate ...my old man once gave me his old work boots and told me i was spoilt

baj666 is offline   Reply With Quote

« boats names | Frode »