Boatmad.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 24-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Country: UK. Essex
Location: Mayland
Occupation: Train Driver
Boat name: Un-named as yet
Boat make: Phantom 21
Engines: yam 225
Cruising area: Thames estuary Black water/crouch

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mayland
Posts: 373
This anyone's Phantom 20?

Is anyone from here selling this boat?

__________________

Carl_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
The Doc
 
Captain Chaos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,265
the real deal?
__________________

Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 02:08 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Burty's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Weston Super Mare
Occupation: Electrical Engineer

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Weston Super Mare
Posts: 6,351
Send a message via AIM to Burty
looks like a evans marine boat
Burty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
Registered User
 
glen76's Avatar
 
Country: england
Location: southampton
Occupation: engineer
Interests: lots
Boat make: scorpion 8.1
Engines: 250HO
Cruising area: solent

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: southampton
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
the real deal?
real deal is forsale i believe
glen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
Registered User
 
larby's Avatar
 
Country: Guernsey
Occupation: Engineering
Boat make: None, boo!
Engines: Turbines mainly!
Cruising area: The inside of my workshop!

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burty View Post
looks like a evans marine boat
It doesnt look that bad!!

It was on ebay eh, looks ok, not seen it on here before...

James
__________________
facebook.com/jlinnovationgsy

Facebook.com/turbinebike

The true test of a man is how he treats someone of absolutely no use to him.
larby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
Diablo
 
Country: UK
Location: Guernsey
Boat name: Diablo Racing. Diablo Racing II
Boat make: Ocke V24, Cranchi 37
Engines: V/P 5.7 GXI, Kad44's

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Guernsey
Posts: 181
Angry Phantom 20

Be careful i don't know for sure but when i bought my p21 off danny evans Dodgydan. Yes big mistake engine lasted only about 2 mins before dramatically killing itself. he has offered no compensation. I have learnt a lot about this character since buying my boat.
He also recommended that i should look at this boat too there is a link there somewhere. This boat might be ok but just a warning to tread carefully.

Hope this helps.
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Country: UK. Essex
Location: Mayland
Occupation: Train Driver
Boat name: Un-named as yet
Boat make: Phantom 21
Engines: yam 225
Cruising area: Thames estuary Black water/crouch

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mayland
Posts: 373
This boat is in Southampton, Evans Marine are in Linconshire. Yes its true this boat is on ebay at the moment, this is the write up...

20ft phantom in yellow with a 2.5 block offshore short leg, sportsmaster gearbox completly rebuilt,alien hood,proper race bucket seats.recent referb thoughout.hydrolic steering with quick release steering wheel,foot throttle,fire extinguisher,foot supports for rear passengers,70 gallon tank,new carpet rot proof,all seats dashboard and side panels reupholstered,all new stainless nuts and bolts,surface piercing prop ,new nav lights,new battery.
very fast boat,eye catching sort after boat.

THE REAL DEAL









Carl_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #8
Registered User
 
glen76's Avatar
 
Country: england
Location: southampton
Occupation: engineer
Interests: lots
Boat make: scorpion 8.1
Engines: 250HO
Cruising area: solent

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: southampton
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
Be careful i don't know for sure but when i bought my p21 off danny evans Dodgydan. Yes big mistake engine lasted only about 2 mins before dramatically killing itself. he has offered no compensation. I have learnt a lot about this character since buying my boat.
He also recommended that i should look at this boat too there is a link there somewhere. This boat might be ok but just a warning to tread carefully.

Hope this helps.
whos dodgy dan??

Never seen this boat run but its a mates boat and i know hes spent a small fortune on it..... rekon somone could grab a bargain too
glen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #9
Registered User
 
larby's Avatar
 
Country: Guernsey
Occupation: Engineering
Boat make: None, boo!
Engines: Turbines mainly!
Cruising area: The inside of my workshop!

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,644
He's a guy who used to be on this forum as 'dodgydan'. he's called Dan Evans and he runs a business called Evans Marine somewhere up northish (my uk geograpy isn't good!).
From what i can gather, he tends to tell people that whatever boat he's trying to sell is his father/brother etc's old boat that they love and pride, and that the engine has just been fully rebuilt. Last thing i heard he was claiming to be a mechanic himself.

Shame is, he can never prove any of the rebuilds, and in my case, a friend's case over here, and the case of at least 4 other people i've spoken to, the engine has destroyed itself on the first outing. Far from having been rebuilt, the engines are usually old and worn out, but lightly spruced up to keep them running for now.

Before anyone says i should have tested the engine, when i got there to buy my boat, he said it was too late to run it up, but showed me a vid of it running, promised me it was this amazing low hours engine and had just been rebuilt. Bearing in mind i'd just spent 8 hours driving to him in an old van, and had another 12hrs or so ahead of me, i took his word for it.

Suffice to say, he's never offered any help or compensation to me or any of the others for our engines, the best of which lasted about 15 minutes. He seems like a lovely guy at first, but then turns into a complete arse once you get issues.

The kinda guy you want to buy a boat off?? I don't think so.

James
__________________
facebook.com/jlinnovationgsy

Facebook.com/turbinebike

The true test of a man is how he treats someone of absolutely no use to him.
larby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #10
Registered User
 
glen76's Avatar
 
Country: england
Location: southampton
Occupation: engineer
Interests: lots
Boat make: scorpion 8.1
Engines: 250HO
Cruising area: solent

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: southampton
Posts: 1,336
real deal lives down south in soton and before it was real deal it belonged to another guy i know had it for several years!! cant see this dodgy dan would have any insite into this boat....(its like foreign country up norf u know) plus i asked the owner!!

ps boat was at boat jumble today
glen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 07:14 AM   #11
Registered User
 
Country: england
Location: blackfield
Occupation: any old iron
Interests: boats and gadgets
Boat name: rough and ready
Boat make: Phantom 21, mercury 2.5 offshore
Engines: merk 2.5 offshore tuned
Cruising area: solent

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: blackfield
Posts: 92
It's sold now at the Beaulieu boat jumble.
jlindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Country: UK. Essex
Location: Mayland
Occupation: Train Driver
Boat name: Un-named as yet
Boat make: Phantom 21
Engines: yam 225
Cruising area: Thames estuary Black water/crouch

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mayland
Posts: 373
Damn. Its still saying for sale on ebay
Carl_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #13
Registered User
 
Country: england
Location: blackfield
Occupation: any old iron
Interests: boats and gadgets
Boat name: rough and ready
Boat make: Phantom 21, mercury 2.5 offshore
Engines: merk 2.5 offshore tuned
Cruising area: solent

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: blackfield
Posts: 92
Someone bought it off my mate at beaulieu, I think a dealer and now reselling it to make more money as you do!!
jlindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #14
Registered User
 
stavros's Avatar
 
Country: uk
Location: bournemouth
Interests: boats
Boat name: simply black
Boat make: ring 20
Engines: merc 200 hp
Cruising area: south

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: bournemouth
Posts: 62
phantom20

it now for sale in bournemouth 4500
stavros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #15
Registered User
 
stavros's Avatar
 
Country: uk
Location: bournemouth
Interests: boats
Boat name: simply black
Boat make: ring 20
Engines: merc 200 hp
Cruising area: south

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: bournemouth
Posts: 62
real deal

just veiwed the real deal and didnt think worth more than £2000/2200
stavros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #16
Executive Member
 
fullbore's Avatar
 
Country: U.K
Location: Poole
Interests: Boats
Boat name: Indecent Proposal
Boat make: Phantom 18
Engines: Mariner V6
Cruising area: southwest/southeast

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Poole
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavros View Post
just veiwed the real deal and didnt think worth more than £2000/2200
True and it up for £4,500.
__________________
Can`t Help Sickness !
fullbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #17
Executive Member
 
fullbore's Avatar
 
Country: U.K
Location: Poole
Interests: Boats
Boat name: Indecent Proposal
Boat make: Phantom 18
Engines: Mariner V6
Cruising area: southwest/southeast

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Poole
Posts: 137
QUOTE=Carl_B;156109]Damn. Its still saying for sale on ebay[/QUOTE]

True Auction still running,but cant be bought as sold,and original owner going away.Dont bid!!
Will be relisted on ebay and B&Outboards,if not sold by new owner (dealer).
P.m if want dealer`s mob number.
__________________
Can`t Help Sickness !
fullbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #18
Registered User
 
Country: UK. Essex
Location: Mayland
Occupation: Train Driver
Boat name: Un-named as yet
Boat make: Phantom 21
Engines: yam 225
Cruising area: Thames estuary Black water/crouch

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mayland
Posts: 373
Thanks fullbore have got myself fixed up now, would of considered that boat if it was still for sale at ebay price.
Carl_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #19
Registered User
 
stavros's Avatar
 
Country: uk
Location: bournemouth
Interests: boats
Boat name: simply black
Boat make: ring 20
Engines: merc 200 hp
Cruising area: south

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: bournemouth
Posts: 62
real deal

carl u made good choice not buying as be trouble with it its _ucked
stavros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #20
Registered User
 
bigboy's Avatar
 
Location: Belgium
Interests: Boating
Boat make: Hydrostream HST
Engines: Merc 2.5 200
Cruising area: The Schelde

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by larby View Post
He's a guy who used to be on this forum as 'dodgydan'. he's called Dan Evans and he runs a business called Evans Marine somewhere up northish (my uk geograpy isn't good!).
From what i can gather, he tends to tell people that whatever boat he's trying to sell is his father/brother etc's old boat that they love and pride, and that the engine has just been fully rebuilt. Last thing i heard he was claiming to be a mechanic himself.

Shame is, he can never prove any of the rebuilds, and in my case, a friend's case over here, and the case of at least 4 other people i've spoken to, the engine has destroyed itself on the first outing. Far from having been rebuilt, the engines are usually old and worn out, but lightly spruced up to keep them running for now.

Before anyone says i should have tested the engine, when i got there to buy my boat, he said it was too late to run it up, but showed me a vid of it running, promised me it was this amazing low hours engine and had just been rebuilt. Bearing in mind i'd just spent 8 hours driving to him in an old van, and had another 12hrs or so ahead of me, i took his word for it.

Suffice to say, he's never offered any help or compensation to me or any of the others for our engines, the best of which lasted about 15 minutes. He seems like a lovely guy at first, but then turns into a complete arse once you get issues.

The kinda guy you want to buy a boat off?? I don't think so.

James
This is so true. I wanted to buy a boat of him and asked after the bills/invoices of the rebuilt. He said he didnt have them but that I could call his mechanic. It appears that the mechanic is his father or brother or maybe himself. So that guy is a real prick!
__________________

__________________
www.geocities.com/fletcher_arrowbeau
bigboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.