Old 14-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #1

Interests: Le Mans Power Boats GOODWOOD Revival
Boat name: THUNDERBOLT 1961 COWES TORQUAY WINNER
Boat make: CHRISTINA 25
Engines: 2 5 litre Chevrolets total 440 hp
Cruising area: Solent

Thunderbolt

HI TO EVERYONE
Thunderbolt's hull is now at the International Boatbuilding Training College at Oulton Broad, whilst the cabin rests on my drive for remedial works sanding and painting...
The hull besides undergoing major structural rebuild will be used to train the students in several aspects of the boatbuilders craft, before which it will be used for surveyors training !..god help them she is not a pretty sight now! however the pressure is on them for as some of you may have heard she is to be displayed at the 2007 Revival of the EARLS COURT BOAT SHOW in December..quite a feat for the old girl as it will be 46 almost to the day when she appeared in the pool there in January 1962.
the pressure is also on me to restore and prepare a myriad of items so that externally she will be accurately presented as she was in 1961 when she won the Cowes Torquay......It will also help me seek the commercial sponsorship required for the mechanical refit which is the prime goal for her to become fully operational in 2008....
One of the main objectives is to aquire a suitable trailer..more bloody money!
I hope to visit the college in the company of Ken Raybould who oversaw her birth in 1961 and who found fame driving Thunderfish for Albert Figgins in the Miami Nassau where they finished 3rd in I think 64...in the next few weeks and take some pics of the progress.
PS.anyone got any old working 2 ins Smith instruments ie 5 fuel guages 2 oil pressure 2 oil temp 2 water temp 2 amp meter looking for good home! please let me know!
updates and pics posted as and when.

REGARDS TO ALL

Mike
THUNDERBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote