Old 08-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #61
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
I there was a discussion on Boatmad about whether they had single or twin Turbo’s
Actually, it was whether there was 2, or 3.

I don't think Peter Moore bought the boat until some time down the line, when the motors were probably already being turned into new hotpoint washing machines. So might not be fair to blame him. I'd stand corrected though.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #62

I suppose as many are talking about me, I ought to post my own version of events................

I did indeed buy D2S from Tony Fiddy (Tony Hamilton acted as broker). The boat was in Cowes, but the engines were to be delivered by Fiddy to Hamiltons workshop. We were not planning to use the Sabres but Hamilton said he could sell them on. I was told that one engine was in Romsey and one was in Poole, (yet Old Man has posted that he saw both in Romsey).

Dealing with the two Tonys was ‘challenging’, they both kept telling me that the other one was lying! I spoke to Tony Fiddy many times around the turn of the year (07/08); each time he said he was sorting transport. As some of you are aware, he became very difficult to contact, as his phone numbers always seemed disconnected. However, now that he has posted his current number on the UKOBA website, I decided to call him again.........

During our conversation this week, he said he would ‘see what he could do’ about refunding me some money. I will let you all know (if you are interested) the outcome of this.

The time and money I spent on RB08 is still a painful memory, luckily the next RB is far enough away that I should be over it, and might even get as far as the start line next time.

I do have a gear box left over, A Merc Daytona, any offer considered!

Hazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #63

Suitable Name for D2S

I seen several suggested names for Double Two Shirts, i.e. ABO or maybe its original name Ballerina. How about 'The Arrogant One'
Geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #64

Interests: Rally Driving
Boat name: Double 2 Shirts
Boat make: Planatec 41
Engines: 2x625's+ From Uncle Sam
Cruising area: Solent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geriatric View Post
I seen several suggested names for Double Two Shirts, i.e. ABO or maybe its original name Ballerina. How about 'The Arrogant One'

Would that be the name for me or the boat?
Old 08-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #65

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazardous View Post
I suppose as many are talking about me, I ought to post my own version of events................

I did indeed buy D2S from Tony Fiddy (Tony Hamilton acted as broker). The boat was in Cowes, but the engines were to be delivered by Fiddy to Hamiltons workshop. We were not planning to use the Sabres but Hamilton said he could sell them on. I was told that one engine was in Romsey and one was in Poole, (yet Old Man has posted that he saw both in Romsey).

Dealing with the two Tonys was ‘challenging’, they both kept telling me that the other one was lying! I spoke to Tony Fiddy many times around the turn of the year (07/08); each time he said he was sorting transport. As some of you are aware, he became very difficult to contact, as his phone numbers always seemed disconnected. However, now that he has posted his current number on the UKOBA website, I decided to call him again.........

During our conversation this week, he said he would ‘see what he could do’ about refunding me some money. I will let you all know (if you are interested) the outcome of this.

The time and money I spent on RB08 is still a painful memory, luckily the next RB is far enough away that I should be over it, and might even get as far as the start line next time.

I do have a gear box left over, A Merc Daytona, any offer considered!
It wasn't your fault at the end of the day Peter, your sponsors let you and everone else down, its a word of warning for all of us, tread carefull when bringing an old boat back to life!!
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #66

Interests: Rally Driving
Boat name: Double 2 Shirts
Boat make: Planatec 41
Engines: 2x625's+ From Uncle Sam
Cruising area: Solent

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
It wasn't your fault at the end of the day Peter, your sponsors let you and everone else down, its a word of warning for all of us, tread carefull when bringing an old boat back to life!!
Mike your right, at the end of the day had the sponsorship cheques been honoured we may well have been looking at D2S as a class winner of RB08

Peter will be the first to occupy the spare seat when she goes in the water in May - thats part of the deal we had
Old 08-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pash 1 View Post
Mike your right, at the end of the day had the sponsorship cheques been honoured we may well have been looking at D2S as a class winner of RB08

:
I guess you would of been in RB2.... If you had kept both engines running you would of been Class champions. Even those old oil burners that got lost may of done that.

Still if we had a sponsor we would of chucked in a couple of 625 ilmors and a fuel system that worked. Thats the beauty of racing ( or do i mean frustration )
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:19 PM   #68

Interests: Spreading the good word about boats with toobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Davis View Post
A bunch of us bumped into Fiddy at the Miami boat show last february, he reckoned he was there to purchase a new Cigarette for the Round Britain.

He reminds me of this well known fictional character....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sec...f_Walter_Mitty
Or Manos?

Atlantic Xpat is offline   Reply With Quote