Boatmad.com

Old 10-05-2004, 05:45 PM   #41
Exec Member

Boat name: WARLORD
Boat make: 35 CIG MISTRESS
Engines: 500'S

Jon..
Here's one for you..MR. Cig on a COPS RUN.
it's a 38' Flatdeck Cigarette/ 85? with 540's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cig lightsmall.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	425  

cashbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:48 PM   #42
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Nice!

I take it this pic is the infamous Lucy?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lucyoso.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	426  

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:48 PM   #43
numbskull

PS. have you 'left' OSO?

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Old 10-05-2004, 05:49 PM   #44
Exec Member

Yes..the boat actually belongs to Magnum Mark
It is a full stagger,race lay-up boat..it runs a true 93 mph
Old 10-05-2004, 05:50 PM   #45
Exec Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jon fuller
PS. have you 'left' OSO?
Yes, I have..for many reasons..
Old 10-05-2004, 05:51 PM   #46
numbskull

Pray tell!

Old 10-05-2004, 05:56 PM   #47
Exec Member

From my site...

Case of Steve Schuble

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As many of you know, I was an ardent OSO follower/supporter and waged more than a few battles on OSO including the APACHE saga. Unfortunately, my tenure with OSO came to a quick halt and I still have no idea why. Here is the exchange that was the reason for my getting banned in it’s entirety:
My first email:
Steve(or moderator)
I received an email from MS PATRIYACHT that the War Party thread was moved to APACHE Owners forum...just for future reference...my events are not-for-profit. I would like OSO's support as I have given to OSO in the past...please make a note of this.
Thanks,
Jack

OSO'S response:
It is addressed to Apache people, therefore it goes in Apache. If it is a Poker Run it belongs in Poker Run section. And I think Steve would like his www.warparty.com url back since you are no longer involved with Apache.
Titos

My response:
What???First of all this event is for ALL boats..not just APACHES and it is not addressed to just APACHE people and second..APACHEWARPARTY was given to me..has nothing to do with any of my involvement with APACHE...what's with this??? INTERESTING....It's ok for me to support OSO, but, when I need support I get pulled when I try to do an event?

OSO:

It was given to you based on your involvement with apache at the time. Now we see how you operate. Your thread is an invitation to Apache owners and was requested to be moved to the Apache section by Mr. McManus himself. Sounds like you need to advertise your event like the others do.
T

Me:
EXCUSE ME...YOU SEE HOW I OPERATE???WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN???WAY OUT OF LINE HERE...I have done nothing wrong at all and this is not cool...and btw..apachewarparty was NOT predicated on my involvement with apache...period

OSO:

Did you get the URL from Steve? Thought so

Me:

yup..he gave it to me...end of story....I still want whatever explanation on how I operate

OSO:

Your right end of story, see what we are gonna give you.

Keep in mind that WARPARTY was not only and APACHE event, it was a COPS event and an OSO event…Steve told me he was attending the event.
I called immediately after a flurry of emails with Tito…I have yet to get a phone call back from Steve. I also emailed him and to no avail…he has never bothered responding to this day.

Judging from various the information that I have received and the emails that have gone back and forth…the water becomes even more murkier.
To make one thing perfectly clear, I like all the people on OSO..sure I have had my differences, but that is what makes the world go round. My problem stems for Steve Schuble and his staff.
It is, indeed, unfortunate that Mr. Schuble has taken the low road and attacked me when I had no defense. I could not respond to any accusations because he changed my password. If that is not banning, then what is ??. And I quote from Steve’s post:

For the record no one has been banned from the site in the past couple of weeks. Time outs are a different story.

AND…

For the record what happened this week was not a money issue, it was an issue of following the Rules when you are a visitor somewhere. Once you have outwarmed your welcome than it is time to move on.

I don’t know what “outwarmed “ is..maybe I’m just a little thick

So, In essence Steve lied about my status…there was never an intent for a time-out…just a straight out ban..

Now , as far as the reason why I was banned…that is even more confusing..

Here are excerpt’s from Steve’s posts and a few of the emails that went around…
Steve posted..
Sorry, but it is not about money at all. Certain threads belong in certain sections and we decide where they go. We have many people interested in advertising on the site. It is about Rules and following them as Craig 223 stated. We are tired about hearing about threats from attorneys. When you go for the jugular our approach is to stay clear.

AND…

For the record what happened this week was not a money issue, it was an issue of following the Rules when you are a visitor somewhere. Once you have outwarmed your welcome than it is time to move on.

But, Here is what they wrote to an OSO member

From: Offshoreonly [mailto:offshoreonly@offshoreonly.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 2:28 PM
To: *******
Subject: RE: War Party

It starts off with an invitation to Apache owners. If Jack wants to promote a Poker Run that he will most likely profit from then he can pay to advertise it. Like Smoke on the Water and New York Poker Run do.
OSO

AND…

This is what the thread reads:
“I would like to extend an invitation to all APACHE owners for a weekend of boating and festivities.”
This belongs in the Apache section.
You pay to see pictures and use advanced features of the board, registration to read is Free. Events in the Poker Run area are listed as new threads can not be started without being a paying member so indirectly for the limited exposure they get they are paying.
www.warparty.com used to belong to Steve of OSO and Jack asked for it. I don’t see him even offering to give it back now that he is not involved, maybe that is why the attitude. Jack can not come on this site like he owns the place.
OSO-Titos

Now, a few things to straighten out…
Steve called me..I never called him, a year ago, December, when the deal was just evolving with Thad, Bobby, and myself. I was in my lawyers lobby (weird how you remember these things) and my cell phone rang..it was Steve and we talked about the APACHE saga and he offered the APACHEWARPARTY.COM url as he had taken it upon himself to register the name……Steve knew that I was planning an event to promote APACHE and that was the last conversation I had with him about the name. If Steve wanted the name back, all he had to do was ask. Instead, Steve’s lacky, Tito, decided to have an attitude with me. A cheap shot out of left field, at best.
A few other items that Steve attempted to discredit me with was the membership…
Steve posted that I never paid for a membership….how did I become a Platinum member, then? I charged it on my credit card.
Another lie by Steve…I supposedly told people not to renew their OSO membership.
Steve’s Post
It has been brought to our attention that someone might be starting a new website for you all and is encouraging you all to not renew your membership. If this is the case we certainly understand that you will do what you need to to as a group or individuals.

Really? I have tried to figure out what I would gain by people not going to OSO…another immature slam on Steve’s part. Why wouldn’t people visit OSO and other sites as well? I fail to see the reasoning behind this lie. Not once did I tell anyone to not renew their membership. It is position that people can go to and join any site they want to..it’s a free country, that is, of course if you are not on OSO.As a matter of fact, I have a link to the other sites on this site encouraging people to go to the other sites.
The most childish of things that were done was Steve eliminated all of my posts off of OSO..try to find one. The Cigarette thread has GLH as the starter…that was one of the most voluminous threads on OSO and I started it..Steve removed all of my posts from the site.

In my final email to Steve, I asked him to take down the COPS forum, because , I could not defend myself. I withdrew my permission for him to use the name of the club that I started…you’ll notice that it is still there.
Oh yeah, one other thing..I had an idea for a site when this all evolved and a friend of mine talked me out of it…end of story,I thought.I didn’t know I was doing a site until Steve told me I was…so here it is…
Bottom line, Steve has waged a war against me for some apparent reason that escapes me and many others. I was a staunch OSO supporter all along, including OSO in all of my events including at the announcement of Chief Powerboats( look at the pics and you will see the banner) My thanks from Steve has been that he has lied about me, covered up, fabricated stories, and tried to discredit me. Your board God status has gone straight to your head , Steve…
In all fairness, many people contacted Steve to get me back on the board. None of you knew that I had kicked around the idea of a board and you extended yourself, exposing yourself to the wraith of Steve’s childish vengeance. Again, it wasn’t until Steve posted that I was doing a board, is when the idea took shape. I thank each and every one of you for your help, but, unfortunately, you were talking to a spoiled little boy that couldn’t care less about anybody.

In closing, I find it unfortunate that this situation has evolved the way it did. Steve didn’t hurt me, he hurt the people in COPS that have grown to be friends over the last few years. By taking away my ability to convey information, Steve attempted to destroy the club.
How’s that for helping out the Offshore community…
But, now, we have a voice, a response, and I hope my hard efforts will sustain to make not only a great club, but, a great site as well.
Thanks, Steve…you did me a favor !!!
Old 10-05-2004, 06:26 PM   #48
numbskull

Well there ya go! I don't visit OSO anymore, mainly on the grounds of the subscription being both too high, and rather confusing! I would have happily carried on as a gold member (not austin powers) at 25 bucks a year, but not 50, just on principle.

I think a lot of people are leaving on the same grounds, Offshore powerboat.com will soon be a major competitor, then you can tell em to feck off!

Old 10-05-2004, 06:27 PM   #49
Exec Member

Thanks Jon...
Old 10-05-2004, 07:44 PM   #50

Interests: Drinkin somkin
Boat name: untitled
Boat make: Sunsation 288
Engines: Merc racing HP500EFI
Cruising area: Thousand Islands

Should check out my favorite site speedwake.com . Good people, not a pissing match.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:14 PM   #51

Bejaysus cashbrain sounds like you had a very hard time...I got all confused reading about it but it seems to me we should thank our lucky stars that we have a kindly and benign dict/administrator in the form of JF

Missus
Old 10-05-2004, 09:18 PM   #52
Exec Member

YA'KNOW...THOSE DAMN YANKS!!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:20 PM   #53

I'd never even think anything like that now myself...

Anyway you're putting up lots of grand pictures and the place is lookin lovely since you arrived so hope you stay around. We're very international here you know

Missus (Top of the mornin to you)

PS Are you into RIBS at all (at all)?
Old 10-05-2004, 10:01 PM   #54
Exec Member

Thanks for the compliment...anything special that you would like to see??...if I don't have pics,one of the other members do.

On your other question..the only RIBS that I have seen in the Chicago/Great Lakes region are tenders...nothing all that large.
and BTW....Missus...when are we going to see you shining face on OFFSHOREPOWERBOAT.COM ???
Old 10-05-2004, 10:39 PM   #55

Don't take any notice of Matt Mr. Brain. He's getting an Avon next I believe...

Yerra anything at all would do...just to see what the American RIBS are like...

Yes my husband and I will pop over but I have to fill in all the forms before reading stuff and that takes me a while...

Hope you're looking after the gArfish for us. Don't take him too seriously. He fell on his head as a youngster,

Take care now,

Missus Shiny

Old 10-05-2004, 10:51 PM   #56

Hmmmm

Never know when you're being serious...

Missus
Old 11-05-2004, 04:09 AM   #57
Exec Member

A few more wake-up pics....