Boatmad.com

Old 26-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #1

Boat make: Phantom 25
Engines: Verado 350 Sci

Smile Verado 350 sci on Phantom 25

Hi!

I am selling my twin Merc 2,5 EFI SS package. Its been an adventure and great fun. But my family is clear, they want run idle, smoke a cig and drink wine, etc. Not that easy with the 2,5 EFI's. Its possible to idle, but that is not what these engines are meant to

The total weight back there is approx. 430 kg incl. steering, extra battery, cash tanks, pumps, etc. In addition to this the short leg mid sections have a 2 inch setback built in. So its heavy stuff.

A Verado 350 sci is also heavy, approx 300 kg. Thats incl. hydraulic steering. The engine is very strong, approx. 370 hp, but due to a large lower unit (2nd generation), the engine is approx. 2-3 mph faster than an 300XS. However, the accrelleration is awesome.

The question is how much setback I should have? I did have 7,5 inch with my promax 300 which weight was 229 kilos plus hydraulic steering and a CMC ss powerlift. I will know use a Bobs HD lift which weight in at 20 kilos.

What do you think. The Phantom 25 likes weight aft since its runs flat, but balance is also a key in high seas.

Cheeers and thanks!

Toffen
ToffenGunnufsen is offline   Reply With Quote