Water exit on Optimax

Water pressure it is - when i have this there should be no need for the temp one, right?

There should be an overheat buzzer anyway..........

Lars T said:

I do not have a water pressure-meter only an oil-pressure -

How do you read oil pressure on a 2 stroke motor? You sure it's not water pressure?

Hmmm not sure - but the meter says oilpressure...!
maybe it is the water pressure..
I pretty sure the mecanic will figure it out - monday he's doing a compet check-up of the engine and installing s hydraulic steering setup, adding a wterpressure gauge, connecting the cables from the Hot-Foot to the old quicksilver control (still considering the IN-CONTROL levers) and doing some other minor adjustments...

You won't need to buy the in-control levers, just the I-C foot throttle, and hand control adaptor kit, which will interface with your quicksilver hand control.

Jonny said:
You won't need to buy the in-control levers, just the I-C foot throttle, and hand control adaptor kit, which will interface with your quicksilver hand control.
Hmmm, but I like 'em :D
Hmmm, will see what the future brings...

Do you have 4 holes at the front of the gear case cone ?

If you do try covering them with gaffer tape when you are running it with the flushing attachment, it helps improve the pressure and you should get water coming out of the tell tale within about 20-30 seconds of starting the engine.

Remember to remove tape before using in the water !

New impeller has been installed and she squirts like at dream :confused: ;p;

Hydraulic steering was also added..

thanks for all the good advice - can't ewait to put her in water this weekend ;)

Tony Davis said:
How do you read oil pressure on a 2 stroke motor? You sure it's not water pressure?
Optimax is fuel injected therefore Oil has to be injected, therefore a pump is required Pump = Pressure.

Brian

Ashbypower said:
Optimax is fuel injected therefore Oil has to be injected, therefore a pump is required Pump = Pressure.

Brian

I think you need to get out more often, you need to explain how you read the "oil" pressure on a dash mounted gauge, Smartarse!

:D

Back