Boatmad.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-05-2005, 11:50 PM   #1
Gav
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,724
Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
Your ideal boat.???

I'm interested to hear what Boatmad forum members would describe as their ideal or as close to ideal boat would be??

If you could take features from several different boats and combine them, what would they be and why?

For example= phantom running surface, marshan deck, scarab cockpit, etc etc etc.....

And what's your ideal size ?

So now youve got the gist, what IS your idealic boat?
__________________

Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:59 AM   #2
The Doc
 
Captain Chaos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,265
Super V 16 Bowrider
__________________

Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:49 AM   #3
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,959
Mostly fiction this, but I'd like a 33' version of my deck/topsides, with an Ocke Mannerfelt running surface under it and Steve Baker structures inside it.

.....Dream on Fuller!

PS. Engines/Drives TBA.

Failing that, I'd like a Sunseeker XS2000 (Buzzi Sunrunner 38' LOA) with a pair of Yanmar 440's tweeked up to 500, and a decent fkkn deck on it (as in, more convensional, like mine)


Best get back to work then I guess!
__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:50 AM   #4
Traveling
 
Country: UK
Location: Alderholt
Occupation: Aerospace
Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Alderholt
Posts: 4,223
Well if it was my lucky six numbers

Nortec 50 - gas turbine powered
otherwise, motion, Skater, Profile, Specter 30'- 32'
but would want a cuddy cabin in it somehow
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,862
My ideal boat - someone elses.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:47 PM   #6
Taz
Registered User
 
Country: Essex
Location: Great Stambridge Essex
Occupation: Director Paving company
Interests: Boating/Squash
Cruising area: Essex Marina/crouch southeast coast

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Great Stambridge Essex
Posts: 2,032
Bladerunner with 4x300hp mercurys supercharged and nitroused up
Oh and also a fuel barge
__________________
[
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:56 PM   #7
Gav
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,724
Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
some vivid immaginations!

cool ideas though!

i was thinking about boats more in the region of £20K .....or less....

its too easy to fantasize about big mutha's!

Come on ........lower your sights........

Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #8
The Doc
 
Captain Chaos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,265
I have actually given this some serious thought.

I think that the reallity of all this is that i just havent had enough experiences in big performance boats to have actually formed an opinion.
Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:03 PM   #9
Taz
Registered User
 
Country: Essex
Location: Great Stambridge Essex
Occupation: Director Paving company
Interests: Boating/Squash
Cruising area: Essex Marina/crouch southeast coast

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Great Stambridge Essex
Posts: 2,032
What bout two phantoms cuted and shut togother to make a phantom that can plain backwards and forwards! The engine mounted in the centre on a pivot
__________________
[
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:11 PM   #10
Traveling
 
Country: UK
Location: Alderholt
Occupation: Aerospace
Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Alderholt
Posts: 4,223
20k dont buy a great deal, but if one had one practical head on.
26-28 ft twin diesel there are a number that fill the slot

Extreme 26 or hunton
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:42 PM   #11
Registered User
 
Country: somerset
Location: weston super mare
Occupation: engineer
Interests: Boating
Boat name: fourplay
Boat make: cyclone 19
Engines: 150 etec ho
Cruising area: weston /painton/ bognor reigis

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: weston super mare
Posts: 228
Send a message via AIM to karl
A two seater canoe bowerd by a big breasted blond
karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:44 PM   #12
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,959
Quote:
Originally posted by BluFin
Extreme 26
they'd have to be diddy little diesels, he only does singles
__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:50 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Rogue Wave's Avatar
 
Country: Wales
Location: Southampton
Occupation: boat driver/Instructor
Interests: boats , laughing and music
Boat name: Dyna Mo Humm
Boat make: Avon Searider 8.4mmmm
Engines: Cat 4216 450hp
Cruising area: Solent

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Southampton
Posts: 983
Re: Your ideal boat.???

Quote:
Originally posted by Gav
I'm interested to hear what Boatmad forum members would describe as their ideal or as close to ideal boat would be??

If you could take features from several different boats and combine them, what would they be and why?

For example= phantom running surface, marshan deck, scarab cockpit, etc etc etc..... Toobs by Paul Tilley

And what's your ideal size ?

So now youve got the gist, what IS your idealic boat?
It's gotta be a Phantom Evo 7.5 with an Opti or Xr2
__________________
when I grow up I wanna be Tony Davis
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:46 AM   #14
BananaShark Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Salcombe South Devon
Occupation: Racer and builder
Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Salcombe South Devon
Posts: 4,632
Re: Re: Your ideal boat.???

Quote:
Originally posted by Borldscratcher
It's gotta be a Phantom Evo 7.5 with an Opti or Xr2
For under £20 K? Bargain!
__________________
Cookee



British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:52 AM   #15
Traveling
 
Country: UK
Location: Alderholt
Occupation: Aerospace
Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Alderholt
Posts: 4,223
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnson
they'd have to be diddy little diesels, he only does singles
Oh fek it then 2 gas turbines again!!!!

woops over 20k
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #16
Ian
Registered User
 
Location: Cheshire

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 137
Style wise - A bit modern retro (Along the lines of Jag S Type, VW Beetle, Rover 75)
Approx 19 ft and not too heavy so I can do a beach launch without a tractor.
A good deep V so it can handle a bit of a chop.
Nice interior to keep the wife and kids happy. (Drinks holders, cooler box for me beers)
Lots of on-board storage space
Bowrider with a detachable 'hard cap'
Sleek exterior (pop up cleats, clean lines)
Good choice of colours (interior and exterior)
Capable of about 70mph

And.......heres the challenge

A good looking detachable hard top for cooler days / evenings.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:29 PM   #17
Gav
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,724
Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Style wise - A bit modern retro (Along the lines of Jag S Type, VW Beetle, Rover 75)
Approx 19 ft and not too heavy so I can do a beach launch without a tractor.
A good deep V so it can handle a bit of a chop.
Nice interior to keep the wife and kids happy. (Drinks holders, cooler box for me beers)
Lots of on-board storage space
Bowrider with a detachable 'hard cap'
Sleek exterior (pop up cleats, clean lines)
Good choice of colours (interior and exterior)
Capable of about 70mph

And.......heres the challenge

A good looking detachable hard top for cooler days / evenings.
Well thought out!
Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:57 PM   #18
Registered User
 
TheOrs's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Plymouth
Boat make: Fletcher Arrowflyte
Engines: Mercury 75

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 402
Approx 15 1/2 - 16 ft. (enough room inside but small enough to manhandle. Good performance with smaller engines; therefore not too much fuel.)

Outboard. (strengthened, so outboard can be (relatively) very big)

Closed bow (Dry ride, good structural strength, low weight)

One piece perspex screen. (Looks, lack of rattles)

Deep Vee hull (to flatter my crap driving)

Plush but tough interior, front buckets, rear bench, removeable floor carpet.

Loads of storage space: Waterproof glove box (mobiles, keys etc) Wet lockers (wetsuits, ropes) bow anchor locker, ski locker etc.

Like Ian, I want something with 'classic speedboat' looks. (Sharp & pointy at the front, raked back screen, f'ing big engine hanging off the back)

Finally; a decent dashboard layout. (Like a sportscar - why do most sportsboats have such dull looking dashes?)
TheOrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 07:13 PM   #19
Gav
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,724
Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
Quote:
Originally posted by TheOrs


Finally; a decent dashboard layout. (Like a sportscar - why do most sportsboats have such dull looking dashes?)
cus most builders get bored or inpatient by the time they get to the dash
Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 02:19 PM   #20
Registered User
 
Country: UK
Location: Surrey
Boat make: Plancraft Stingray
Engines: Johnson 50

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally posted by TheOrs
Approx 15 1/2 - 16 ft. (enough room inside but small enough to manhandle. Good performance with smaller engines; therefore not too much fuel.)

Outboard. (strengthened, so outboard can be (relatively) very big)

Closed bow (Dry ride, good structural strength, low weight)

One piece perspex screen. (Looks, lack of rattles)

Deep Vee hull (to flatter my crap driving)

Plush but tough interior, front buckets, rear bench, removeable floor carpet.

Loads of storage space: Waterproof glove box (mobiles, keys etc) Wet lockers (wetsuits, ropes) bow anchor locker, ski locker etc.

Like Ian, I want something with 'classic speedboat' looks. (Sharp & pointy at the front, raked back screen, f'ing big engine hanging off the back)

Finally; a decent dashboard layout. (Like a sportscar - why do most sportsboats have such dull looking dashes?)
Totally agree with the above, if the boat looked the part (i.e Ring, Phantom, Marshan type profile) and there was a large choice of options/colours to choose when ordering I would be a customer.
__________________

Agis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×