Boatmad.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 27-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #21
Moderator
 
RMYC's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 130
Race update

So sorry that Torquay had to be cancelled, but can understand the position, we are not in the black yet, but hopefully we will have a few lastmintue.com entries ??
Current entries are :-

Needles Marathon race

Cinzano A558 Markus Hendricks
GOINGLEAN A42 Dean Gibbs
Apache Warhorse B41 Tony Toll
MICROLINK PC B110 VAHID GANJAVIAN
PPG PRINT C99 Phil Payter
Grey Ghost D10 Paul Glenister
Mystic Dragon D9 Robert Turnball
My Pleasure E3 Gordon Compton

I'm hoping for a couple more boats, would be nice to see a C & E boat so we have a race in each class.

Camden trophy race for Class 3B

B65 3B Adrian Foulser
B92 3B Ashleigh Foulser
B52 3B Neil Ives

We are talking to 3/4 other boats, we were hoping to see 6.

British Club Championship

B28 Unlimited Matt Sydenham
38ZRC Unlimited James Sydenham
D2S Unlimited Martin Warren
888 F1 Adam Younger
V2 F1 Mark Brewster
926 F2 Neil Jackson
?? F2 Mark Cockman
77 F2 Graham Reeder
21 F2 Michael Spinks

A number of other boat are talking to us

If you are thinking of racing, please contact us soon - PLEASE
__________________

RMYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #22
BananaShark Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Salcombe South Devon
Occupation: Racer and builder
Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Salcombe South Devon
Posts: 4,632
What is the justification for charging so much for Marathon boats? £125 for national classes and £300 + £100 tracker fee for marathon boats? On the bright side it's £50 cheaper than the Torquay race!
__________________

__________________
Cookee



British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #23
Registered User
 
Tony Davis's Avatar
 
Country: Job Centre
Location: In a box
Occupation: Chaos's gofer
Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: In a box
Posts: 5,201
That's a pretty naive question considering how long you've been racing, so you must know how it works by now.

I'd be asking why a tracker is needed for such a short race? if you remove the 2 x A laps, then it's unlikely that the boats are ever going to be more than about 40 or so miles away from the start/finish line.
__________________
Chaos for Moderator.
Tony Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #24
Registered User
 
Mrs Smillie's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Bisley Woking
Occupation: Marine Engineer
Interests: Boats, skiing pets
Cruising area: wherever there is work!

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bisley Woking
Posts: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMYC View Post
So sorry that Torquay had to be cancelled, but can understand the position, we are not in the black yet, but hopefully we will have a few lastmintue.com entries ??
Current entries are :-

Needles Marathon race

Cinzano A558 Markus Hendricks
GOINGLEAN A42 Dean Gibbs
Apache Warhorse B41 Tony Toll
MICROLINK PC B110 VAHID GANJAVIAN
PPG PRINT C99 Phil Payter
Grey Ghost D10 Paul Glenister
Mystic Dragon D9 Robert Turnball
My Pleasure E3 Gordon Compton

I'm hoping for a couple more boats, would be nice to see a C & E boat so we have a race in each class.

Camden trophy race for Class 3B

B65 3B Adrian Foulser
B92 3B Ashleigh Foulser
B52 3B Neil Ives

We are talking to 3/4 other boats, we were hoping to see 6.

British Club Championship

B28 Unlimited Matt Sydenham
38ZRC Unlimited James Sydenham
D2S Unlimited Martin Warren
888 F1 Adam Younger
V2 F1 Mark Brewster
926 F2 Neil Jackson
?? F2 Mark Cockman
77 F2 Graham Reeder
21 F2 Michael Spinks

A number of other boat are talking to us

If you are thinking of racing, please contact us soon - PLEASE
Hi can i just say it is B558 not A thanks Claire x
Mrs Smillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #25
Registered User
 
RHINO's Avatar
 
Country: ENGLAND
Boat name: V13
Boat make: V24 batboat
Engines: 5.7 320hp
Cruising area: SOUTHCOAST

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,055
rmyc

B13 will be there
RHINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #26
Moderator
 
RMYC's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 130
Sorry Mrs Smillie for the error, but you do get the prize for spotting the deliberate mistake.

Cookee, some might say that the owners of a Marathon boat would tend to have more money than the owners of a Class 3B boat, so organisers would tend to charge higher entry fees for the larger classes to help subsidise the smaller classes, but as we need to have a 55 ton crane to handle the required reach to lift a marathon boat in the water which will cost £1,350, this could go some way to explaining the reason for large differential in entry fees.

The Needles race is classes as a marathon race, and the RYA rules require tracker to be carried to help with safety

Thanks for the entry Brian, do we have any more ??
RMYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #27
BananaShark Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Salcombe South Devon
Occupation: Racer and builder
Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Salcombe South Devon
Posts: 4,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMYC View Post
Sorry Mrs Smillie for the error, but you do get the prize for spotting the deliberate mistake.

Cookee, some might say that the owners of a Marathon boat would tend to have more money than the owners of a Class 3B boat, so organisers would tend to charge higher entry fees for the larger classes to help subsidise the smaller classes, but as we need to have a 55 ton crane to handle the required reach to lift a marathon boat in the water which will cost £1,350, this could go some way to explaining the reason for large differential in entry fees.

The Needles race is classes as a marathon race, and the RYA rules require tracker to be carried to help with safety

Thanks for the entry Brian, do we have any more ??
Sorry to be pedantic here but what is the cost of the upgrade of the crane? I haven't been to an offshore event that didn't have a crane in use - ever?

I would favour the "subsidy/because they can afford it" explanation but I'm just cynical!

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I appreciate it!
__________________
Cookee



British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #28
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMYC View Post
Sorry Mrs Smillie for the error, but you do get the prize for spotting the deliberate mistake.

Cookee, some might say that the owners of a Marathon boat would tend to have more money than the owners of a Class 3B boat, so organisers would tend to charge higher entry fees for the larger classes to help subsidise the smaller classes, but as we need to have a 55 ton crane to handle the required reach to lift a marathon boat in the water which will cost £1,350, this could go some way to explaining the reason for large differential in entry fees.

?
On this occassion cookee I agree with you and been saying it for the last couple of years.
Apart from the entree fee being so high compared to the smaller boats the fuel consumption is so much more
Not all guys with class A and B boats have lots of money

Now I don't race at the moment I can afford some new toys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10-3-12 369.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	34573   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-3-12 006.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	34574   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-3-12 388.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	34576   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4160850.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	34577  
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #29
Registered User
 
snapper66's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Isle of Wight
Occupation: Aircraft fitter
Interests: photography, powerboat racing, motogp, anything that goes fast!

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Isle of Wight
Posts: 164
Two Race Venues

One of the reason's that some of the Race Boats would not race at Torquay was there was only one race,so what is the differance between that Race and RMYC Race.
Just thought I would ask .
snapper66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
OCRDA's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Devon
Occupation: Garage Proprietor
Interests: PowerBoat Racing
Boat name: If Only
Boat make: Bernico F3 OCR, Bernico Prototype Inboard, and some Ribs
Engines: Yamaha Pro V 115
Cruising area: UK, France

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Devon
Posts: 3,092
Probably dont mind one day events on their own door step !!
__________________
If Only
National Outboard Immersed Propeller Mono Record 103mph
OCRDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #31
Registered User
 
RHINO's Avatar
 
Country: ENGLAND
Boat name: V13
Boat make: V24 batboat
Engines: 5.7 320hp
Cruising area: SOUTHCOAST

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,055
race

i think its more about the way some people were treated last season!
RHINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
OCRDA's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Devon
Occupation: Garage Proprietor
Interests: PowerBoat Racing
Boat name: If Only
Boat make: Bernico F3 OCR, Bernico Prototype Inboard, and some Ribs
Engines: Yamaha Pro V 115
Cruising area: UK, France

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Devon
Posts: 3,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO View Post
i think its more about the way some people were treated last season!
I thought you had retired ?? Does this mean you are coming to Valras ??
Should be a good weekend !
__________________
If Only
National Outboard Immersed Propeller Mono Record 103mph
OCRDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #33
green army
 
neal_skyline's Avatar
 
Country: uk
Location: southampton
Interests: cars/boats/pub
Boat name: 1-52
Boat make: formula,no more tint sh?t
Engines: mercruiser v8
Cruising area: solent/iow

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: southampton
Posts: 355
Send a message via MSN to neal_skyline
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper66 View Post
One of the reason's that some of the Race Boats would not race at Torquay was there was only one race,so what is the differance between that Race and RMYC Race.
Just thought I would ask .
cheaper,and 20min drive for me
__________________
watch what you buy off mates
neal_skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #34
Registered User
 
snapper66's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Isle of Wight
Occupation: Aircraft fitter
Interests: photography, powerboat racing, motogp, anything that goes fast!

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Isle of Wight
Posts: 164
Torquay

Ok ,so Torquay is a long way to go,so is it you need two races to make it worth while or is the distance.
If it is the distance then please INFORM the clubs as its good to have as much input as possible from everyone.
Would be nice to have Race's on your doorstep,cost me arm and a leg just to get of the Island.
Hopefully by next year we would have got over what happen at Torquay,I dont think people would go out of their to piss people of on purpose.
On a lighter note anybody got any info on Racing in France,Website etc.
snapper66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #35
THE Navigator !!
 
Jayrjay's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Aylesbury
Occupation: Managing Director @ ProTech cars
Interests: Offshore, F1, Any motorsport!
Boat name: Invincible V
Boat make: B23
Engines: 200XS
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aylesbury
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO View Post
i think its more about the way some people were treated last season!
Brian,
Who was treated badly last year? And by whom?

If people feel aggrieved then they need to sit down, talk about it and sort out any issues so we can all go racing.....?

J
__________________
Fear is the thief of your dreams..!



Image courtesy of Dave Ormiston.
www.islandoffshorephotography.co.uk
Jayrjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #36
THE Navigator !!
 
Jayrjay's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Aylesbury
Occupation: Managing Director @ ProTech cars
Interests: Offshore, F1, Any motorsport!
Boat name: Invincible V
Boat make: B23
Engines: 200XS
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aylesbury
Posts: 105
Distance?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal_skyline View Post
cheaper,and 20min drive for me
Neal,

Your house to Torquay - 129 miles
Your house to Allhallows - 123 miles
How many races did you participate in at Allhallows?
Why exactly did you not want to race in Torquay?

Jay
__________________
Fear is the thief of your dreams..!



Image courtesy of Dave Ormiston.
www.islandoffshorephotography.co.uk
Jayrjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #37
Registered User
 
RHINO's Avatar
 
Country: ENGLAND
Boat name: V13
Boat make: V24 batboat
Engines: 5.7 320hp
Cruising area: SOUTHCOAST

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,055
jay

3b!
RHINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
OCRDA's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Devon
Occupation: Garage Proprietor
Interests: PowerBoat Racing
Boat name: If Only
Boat make: Bernico F3 OCR, Bernico Prototype Inboard, and some Ribs
Engines: Yamaha Pro V 115
Cruising area: UK, France

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Devon
Posts: 3,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper66 View Post
Ok ,so Torquay is a long way to go,so is it you need two races to make it worth while or is the distance.
If it is the distance then please INFORM the clubs as its good to have as much input as possible from everyone.
Would be nice to have Race's on your doorstep,cost me arm and a leg just to get of the Island.
Hopefully by next year we would have got over what happen at Torquay,I dont think people would go out of their to piss people of on purpose.
On a lighter note anybody got any info on Racing in France,Website etc.
www.offshorepassion.com but as with all web sites its a bit out of date !! I am keeping calendar dates as updated as I can on www.ocrda.org
On the other note we seem to have successfully split Offshore long lap (for Competitors) & Offshore short lap (for competitors & Spectators) racing despite having got them back together over the past few years.
__________________
If Only
National Outboard Immersed Propeller Mono Record 103mph
OCRDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
OCRDA's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Devon
Occupation: Garage Proprietor
Interests: PowerBoat Racing
Boat name: If Only
Boat make: Bernico F3 OCR, Bernico Prototype Inboard, and some Ribs
Engines: Yamaha Pro V 115
Cruising area: UK, France

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Devon
Posts: 3,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrjay View Post
Neal,

Your house to Torquay - 129 miles
Your house to Allhallows - 123 miles
How many races did you participate in at Allhallows?
Why exactly did you not want to race in Torquay?

Jay
Torquay, 1 long race no Campers till late Saturday £150 entry

Allhallows 1 long Race, 2 Short Races Campers welcome, £125 entry

My house to Allhallows 300 mls
My house to Torquay 25 mls
__________________
If Only
National Outboard Immersed Propeller Mono Record 103mph
OCRDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #40
THE Navigator !!
 
Jayrjay's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Aylesbury
Occupation: Managing Director @ ProTech cars
Interests: Offshore, F1, Any motorsport!
Boat name: Invincible V
Boat make: B23
Engines: 200XS
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aylesbury
Posts: 105
3b

Then it seems to me like everyone needs to man up (3b included) sit down and discuss any issues and get it sorted?
It's not a perfect world and not everybody can be pleased all the time, but the bickering has to stop and we have to get on for the sake of the sport?

J
__________________

__________________
Fear is the thief of your dreams..!



Image courtesy of Dave Ormiston.
www.islandoffshorephotography.co.uk
Jayrjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×