My Favorite RING!

:hugegrin: :hugegrin:

gaZ

:hugegrin:

Attachments

• IMG00110-20101108-1605.jpg
    IMG00110-20101108-1605.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 687
but what bost appears in my favorite bernico,my favorite ring and my favorite phantom ????? take a look

http://www.boatmad.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193304&postcount=16

i think i no this boat it used to play at allhallows power boat club many years ago raced that boat many times for fun good to no it is still about, i wanted the same seats in my boat mike ring wanted £900 plus vat which was rather a lot for 2 front seat back then ,ended up buying second had ones of a ski racer just needed recovering regards paul

Are you sure its the same boat? I bought it off a guy in Oxford, who had it for about 6 yrs and he in turn bought it off his mate who bought it new, had it set up for racing but never raced it. At least that is what i was lead to believe.

Last edited:
ONE OF MY OLD BOATS:hugegrin: BOUGHT IT NEW OFF MIKE IN 1989,always wondered where she ended up.

There you go! Its an 89 alright! Wanted to remove most of the deck hardware and do the gel repairs but the original gel was too far gone! Had a gal of awlgrip left over from a job so used that!
Was that your engine on it too, the BP carb?

Still havent run it with this weather lately but Ill give it a run as soon as it breaks and stick a pic or two up!

Did you race it, there were sponsor names on the deck at some point, photographed into the gel.

Ring 16 / Merc V6

:cheers:

Attachments

• slip4.jpg
    slip4.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_6978.jpg
    IMG_6978.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 647
  • ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 564
There you go! Its an 89 alright! Wanted to remove most of the deck hardware and do the gel repairs but the original gel was too far gone! Had a gal of awlgrip left over from a job so used that!
Was that your engine on it too, the BP carb?

Still havent run it with this weather lately but Ill give it a run as soon as it breaks and stick a pic or two up!

Did you race it, there were sponsor names on the deck at some point, photographed into the gel.

Only club ski racing at Wallasey and Deeside,if you look closely in the gel my sponsor was Boathouse Garage,B.M.W./Porsche dealer.The guy i sold it to was a local butcher,he put the bridge port on,i was running a stock 200 merc.Hows tricks anyway?Any movement on that big cat yet?:cheers:

A few pics of the Rings that we have owned.

Yellow 18 foot with 150XS straight six early 80's
White 21 foot with 200hp V6 we changed the screen from white to black in 87
Still got the little red white and blue 18 footer with XR2

We had a brown and cream 16 foot ring in the late 70's before camera's were invented.

Attachments

• Ring 18.jpg
    Ring 18.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 644
  • Ring 21.jpg
    Ring 21.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 586
  • Ring 21a.jpg
    Ring 21a.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 589
  • Ring 21b.jpg
    Ring 21b.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 496
  • Ring 18a.jpg
    Ring 18a.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 879
Ring21d /250yam

Ring21d/250yam

Attachments

• DSCN2209.jpg
    DSCN2209.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,140
  • DSCN2197.jpg
    DSCN2197.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 700
  • DSCN2211.jpg
    DSCN2211.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 641
Only club ski racing at Wallasey and Deeside,if you look closely in the gel my sponsor was Boathouse Garage,B.M.W./Porsche dealer.The guy i sold it to was a local butcher,he put the bridge port on,i was running a stock 200 merc.Hows tricks anyway?Any movement on that big cat yet?:cheers:

Hi Dowdy, Cant remember that but remember seeing limousine hire being on there and a few other things. Was hard to make out as I was just reading the imprint left in the gel.

The bridgeport still runs, although its a bit of a frankenstien now, with two modVP sleeves in it and four BP cylinders. :hugegrin:
Its not on there any more.

It hasnt been a bad year actually, one cat at the beginning of the year, a couple of the 650SS (old shetland 19 moulds) and now have a comfortable no of orders in for next year, Cats and 650's.

Started laying Gel on a Ninja green 650 this morning, and we might be doing something interesting with a 21 Cat before Christmas.

my mistake

http://www.boatmad.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193304&postcount=16

Are you sure its the same boat? I bought it off a guy in Oxford, who had it for about 6 yrs and he in turn bought it off his mate who bought it new, had it set up for racing but never raced it. At least that is what i was lead to believe.[/QUOTE hi carl it looked so much like it but when i looked this morning i saw the boat i was talking about its gazza s boat on page 2 you can still see jazzey on the side when you blow pic up , even the boat i am talking about was never raced pro , we just used to race for fun one on one . HAVE FUN

Jazzy

Jazzy was owned and skiraced by Tony Jarman then sold to an AYC member where it languished for several years, was sold about 3-4 years ago from AYC i think.

Last edited:
correct

that is correct it was ownd by tony the sold on to ray smith i dont think to ever ski raced that boat i no he ski raced a p21 obsession then had the ring for some fun boating then came back into ski raceing schiada or cyclone twin rigg had a bad crash i think then packed it all in how is tony havent seen him for some time now .think i saw another club boat apache p 20 stewarts race boat went to the club a couple times by boat no one about no boats out on the water. HAVE FUN

Last edited:
And a few pics of my ring 21b with Mercury 2.4 efi
Manny thanks to Mike Ring, i had a lot of fun with that boat the
last 10 jears.
Maybe one of you know that boat before it come to Germany.
it is build in 1986 and it was grey with red or orange befor
it was painted.

Attachments

• P8100138.jpg
    P8100138.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 611
  • pic15322.jpg
    pic15322.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 546
  • pic15324.jpg
    pic15324.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 638
I'd just like to thank mike ring too.his boats have always been good sweep up craft for the proper boats.nice one mike .hopefully the new r34 may change my train of thought.GOOD LUCK

my old 20, think its in germany now

pics would b gd:headbang:

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 711
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 530
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 513
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 528
correct (almost)

that is correct it was ownd by tony the sold on to ray smith i dont think to ever ski raced that boat i no he ski raced a p21 obsession then had the ring for some fun boating then came back into ski raceing schiada or cyclone twin rigg had a bad crash i think then packed it all in how is tony havent seen him for some time now .think i saw another club boat apache p 20 stewarts race boat went to the club a couple times by boat no one about no boats out on the water. HAVE FUN

The twin rig was a Bernico, hardly any Cyclones in the UK then, good play on words your avatar, Paul how is the Panterra, Simon & Jake are out there most weekends practising with Barrys White & Red Cyclone, my twin stays in the garage (too much fuel for training). Was out with Mickey and some other members last night in the Red Dog. :cheers:

in the end

The twin rig was a Bernico, hardly any Cyclones in the UK then, good play on words your avatar, Paul how is the Panterra, Simon & Jake are out there most weekends practising with Barrys White & Red Cyclone, my twin stays in the garage (too much fuel for training). Was out with Mickey and some other members last night in the Red Dog. :cheers:

hello i knew we would get there in the end i will check it out next week end at allhallowes see who is about on the water pantera is running real good, the pain-tera came from wot i look like when its time to fill the sucker up thought i had a hole in the tank first time i took it out will look out for you guys good luck to all still raceing HAVE FUN paul

Back