Boatmad.com

Old 16-06-2006, 05:54 AM   #41

There is no other boats that compare to Cyclones and Connelys in the sport of water ski racing. Both are from Australia. Connelly is a completly original boat to where as a cyclone is a hains hunter bottom but with different top. Notice as i said "different." I think you should put a pond in your boat, waterfall, something. Atleast it will be original, and not another UK COPY.

twinrigskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006, 08:38 AM   #42
Gav

Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
Quote:
Originally posted by twinrigskier
where as a cyclone is a hains hunter bottom but with different top. Notice as i said "different." I think you should put a pond in your boat, waterfall, something. Atleast it will be original, and not another UK COPY.

the boat pictured is a HAINES SIGNATURE 2100s, from australia! which won trailer boat of the year in the 90's.

Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #43

Interests: Fast boats
Boat name: Xtreme
Boat make: Bernico 21
Engines: Mercury F1, 300 Drag, XR2 "Fingerported"
Cruising area: South West

What about Bernico

Quote:
There is no other boats that compare to Cyclones and Connelys in the sport of water ski racing. Both are from Australia. Connelly is a completly original boat to where as a cyclone is a hains hunter bottom but with different top. Notice as i said "different." I think you should put a pond in your boat, waterfall, something. Atleast it will be original, and not another UK COPY.
I think that maybe you have over looked the Bernico.
Lady's current world champion behind a Bernico
F2 junior Ladies current World Chapion behinds a Bernico
Fastest F2 man 'altho he came second' Tommy Klarenbeck behind a Bernico (I don't think that you will argue that he wasn't the fastest F2 man at the last worlds by far).

What boats do you own or have you driven!
If the Cyclone is such a god hull why did the molds get sold to the UK???

Cyco
Cyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #44
The Doc

Re: What about Bernico

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyco
What boats do you own or have you driven!
If the Cyclone is such a god hull why did the molds get sold to the UK???

Cyco
One shouldnt ask questions they may not like the answers too.

Funilly enough, I was disgussing with Gav, how much the current crop of Haines Sportsboats (namely the 2100) looks like the Cyclone 21.................. perhaps the evolution has gone full circle.

funny ole game innit!
Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006, 05:03 PM   #45

No i havent looked over the Bernico. Maybe its the fact that they tend to fall apart, and arent fast, unless you put 350 horsepower to one, and even then a 21' cyclone set up with a stock 2.5 280 ss would beat it outright. Justin Soller from the USA was the fastest F2 man out there, and not only did he win, but he won with a 20ft cyclone which only has about an 18ft bottom. I would say that thats a little smaller than a 21' bernico. If Tommy was the fastest, why didnt he win? Anybody can ski fast in smooth water, but when it came to skiing in the rough, Justin WON. Ross wasnt selling as many race boats as he wanted, and wanted to focus on the fishing line, so he decided to sell the moulds to the UK. Which I think was a good idea, hopefully help out with the sport a little bit, get a few more boats going. Now hes back building better boats than ever over in the U.S. AS YOU SAW IN THE 2005 WORLDS.
Old 16-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #46

Boat make: Fletcher Arrowflyte
Engines: Mercury 75

Both those boats just look like copies of my Fletcher Arrowflyte, but with two extra wheels.

Plus I've skied at nearly 30mph behind that Fletcher, so who's the best now eh!
TheOrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #47

Interests: Fast boats
Boat name: Xtreme
Boat make: Bernico 21
Engines: Mercury F1, 300 Drag, XR2 "Fingerported"
Cruising area: South West

Quote:
No i havent looked over the Bernico. Maybe its the fact that they tend to fall apart, and arent fast, unless you put 350 horsepower to one, and even then a 21' cyclone set up with a stock 2.5 280 ss would beat it outright. Justin Soller from the USA was the fastest F2 man out there, and not only did he win, but he won with a 20ft cyclone which only has about an 18ft bottom. I would say that thats a little smaller than a 21' bernico. If Tommy was the fastest, why didnt he win? Anybody can ski fast in smooth water, but when it came to skiing in the rough, Justin WON. Ross wasnt selling as many race boats as he wanted, and wanted to focus on the fishing line, so he decided to sell the moulds to the UK. Which I think was a good idea, hopefully help out with the sport a little bit, get a few more boats going. Now hes back building better boats than ever over in the U.S. AS YOU SAW IN THE 2005 WORLDS.
Did you go to the 2005 worlds?

Did you have your eye's shut?

Anyone can ski on flat water, what part of Hunstanton water were you looking at that was flat?

The 20 Cyclone looked like it was all over the place, yes Justin is a good skier, but behind a Bernico he would of gone faster with a smoother ride.
Cyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2006, 05:39 AM   #48

I thought this Tommy guy was the fastest F2 skier over there? Well since Justin Soller won gold in F2 behind a cyclone, that would of meant that he REALLY would of put a whooping on everybody else if he skied behind a Bernico. You guys really need to think about your arguments before you send them out.