Boatmad.com

Old 18-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #1

Nottingham F2 images

Hi,
just a few images from Nottingham at the weekend.Despite some ridiculous restrictions placed on photographers issued with a media pass , of which i was one,i did manage to get a few shots.

Regards

Rob Clifford
rjc photography
http://rjc-photography.ifp3.com/gall...pionship-rnd4/

robox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #2

new link

Hi,
new links as the other is not working
http://rjc-photography.ifp3.com/gall...turday-150912/
http://rjc-photography.ifp3.com/gall...sunday-160912/
Regards

Rob C

Old 18-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by robox View Post
ridiculous restrictions placed on photographers issued with a media pass , of which i was one,i did manage to get a few shots.
Perhaps take 300 foot of rope in future - I hear all the best snappers do it now.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #4

I'm not sure how to take that
Anyway natural restrictions don't stop me ,man-made RYA ones on the other hand .........
Old 18-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #5

Quote:
I'm not sure how to take that
As a compliment.
Old 18-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #6

Compliments always welcome.Sorry but after the attitude encountered at Nottingham it's made me paranoid !

Rob C
Old 18-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #7

Quote:
after the attitude encountered at Nottingham it's made me paranoid
I hear that Geoff & Cathy (Luvmyboat.com) were marched out - So not only you.
Old 18-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #8

Yep,
I spoke to them on both days and they were understandably angry at the attitude they had encountered.
I spoke to a pro photographer who had come over from Sweden and he wasn't happy either.He did manage to secrete himself in the long grass at the waters edge on Sunday though.i on the other hand bottled it and gave up

Rob C
Old 18-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #9

Cruising area: South Coast

Just had a look through your website rob. Some amazing pictures there! Thank you!!!

Almost enough to encourage me to get a boat and give racing a try!!!!
billy no boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #10

Quote:
pro photographer
One Pro Snapper who was there -

Bores me to death with his moaning -

Takes the best shot - Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cd.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	36271  
Old 19-09-2012, 02:51 AM   #11
Ben

Interests: Quiet desperation
Boat name: A Little Noisy
Boat make: Excalibur 24
Engines: Express Racing 525
Cruising area: Mobjack Bay (where?)

Quote:
I
Anyway natural restrictions don't stop me ,man-made RYA ones on the other hand .........
What sort of restrictions were imposed?
Old 19-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #12

And why?
Old 19-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #13

Angry The LuvMyBoat Opinion

Hi all, Nottingham was the pinnacle of RYA officiousness, and to set the record straight we were not marched out threatened yes went head to head with RYA, yes probably lost the battle though.

We had specific permission to film from the F2 Teams.

Its Wednesday and the RYA still can't define exactly what rights they are protecting, in short its a mess and I expected a lot more from a Professional body.

All media rights have been sold by the RYA to the Promoters for the next 10 years.

Our emails are unanswered and I guess we will never get any answers from RYA or the promoters they seem to have something to hide.

One would have thought that if the Partnership was so good for the sport the RYA and the Promoters would be publicizing the fantastic deal for Power Boating.

We deal with media rights at events like the Volvo Ocean Race and America's Cup and we have deals with these organizations so that we don't infringe on each others rights, The BBC have been thrown out of an inshore race this year so I think we are in great company.

The RYA broke their own filming ban I have images of a guy in an RYA jacket filming in the pits ...go figure!

The Racing was fantastic but I fear that the policy of racing in isolation will actually harm the sport in the ling run.
For proof of the fact that the partnership is failing one only needed to look at the crowd that turned up to watch the race, if one deducted the teams from the numbers there were less than 100 fans watching some of the best F2 racing to be had.

For power boating to move ahead the organizers need to work with ALL the media and get the events out to the largest audience possible. After all the teams rely on sponsorship to even get to the race, limiting to one channel will eventually impact directly on the Teams individual sponsors.

The BPRC had more people out in boats watching the Offshore Boats turn at Teignmouth than the F2 had at Nottingham

The secrecy around the deal has piqued our interest and we will write an article so if you have any information please contact us at

F2story@luvmyboat.com

Here is a photo montage on YouTube so that you can see some of the awesome action

http://youtu.be/S6tJu6YsP9Y

Images are on the LuvMyBoat Gallery

https://www.luvmyboat.com/gallery/

LuvMyBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #14

Very Disappointed !

As one of the event organisers I was extremley concerned by the comments of RJC Photography. I have made various enquiries as to the nature of the restrictions that were imposed on media and would like to clarify a few points :

Restrictions -

1) No photographers on the start jetty or on the jetty immediately opposite the start jetty during the main race. This was for your own safety due to the nature of the boats competing and the lack of control they have if they 'air borne' The race course was extremely tight hence the reason for the full length of the course being secured from the public via barriers. This order came from the main race officials - not PowerboatGP or the RYA. The Officials are ultimately responsible for the on-water aspect of the event and therefore their wishes must be respected. For the record,in my opinion the officials were completely correct.

Being on the opposite jetty of the start line with 14 F2's coming towards you & passing within inches of you with no barrier is NOT safe.

2) No photographers on the Main Control tower - again this was a restricted area for race officials & radio personnel of the boats competing. The communication between the officials & radio personnel is vital to the safety of the drivers on the circuit and this cannot be compromised in any way. This was a decision of the organisation, of which should be completely supported as again the safety aspect for all concerned is the number 1 priority.

Had anyone taken the time to ask - the restrictions would have been fully explained further to avoid confusion.

The event organisers were extremely accommodating to the media - providing a dedicated area with 3 pc's & internet access for media use - as well as copying facilities should they have been required.

As for the comments ref LuvMyBoat - again very inaccurate some of which have been corrected by the LMB representatives, but the rest will be dealt with in a mature & amicable way for all concerned.

I shall make no further comment in a public forum as it serves no purpose other that to escalate a situation that has no need to get out of control.

As for complaints ref the RYA - forgive me for stating the obvious but I imagine that certain other events which are for more serious have taken priority in their attention - so perhaps should be cut a little slack ?

Anyone who is genuinely interested in resolution & who would like to discuss any of these issues directly - please call me on : 07958133880 or email - jenijelf@aol.com .

Kind Regards

Jeni
Jeni Jelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #15

Angry Reply from LuvMyBoat

Jeni

The RYA was unable to explain the exact rights on the day in fact the RYA Manager cannot explain exactly what rights that PowerboatGP actually have.

This conversation took place well before the P1 Tragedy.

We were told by RYA staff that the RYA had sold all Media rights for Inshore Racing for the next 10 years. Surely one can believe what the RYA says?

There has been NO retraction from LuvMyBoat staff, we were threatened with removal of our Press Passes if we continued to film so despite having permission from F2 we went back to the RYA and were finally were given permission to film from the Public area.

The PowerboatGP website states that PowerboatGP own all media rights, without defining exactly what rights these are. As you will be aware Media includes Video Images and copy about your event.

On Monday I emailed PowerboatGP and did not receive a reply until this afternoon well after my posting here.

Based on the fact that the rights holders did not reply to my email I made a decision late Tuesday and instructed our editors to remove all posts mentioning PowerboatGP and British Inshore Powerboat Racing, I also placed a ban on using images or images with PowerboatGP logos on our site.

I will state for the record that there has been NO retraction and no change in our stance so I am not sure where you get the idea that our comments are inaccurate, or are you attempting to muddy the water?

I am in fact very happy to make all correspondence available for the public to view, then the public will be able to judge the accuracy or not.

My argument is not actually with PowerboatGP it is simply that the RYA should have had this sorted BEFORE any media went to the event, its not reasonable to impose these restrictions without warning.
If we had known we could have sorted the matter out through F2 before the event or simply not bothered to go.

Professional organizations do not behave in this way and if they do then they need to be called on their actions.

I will phone you but not until after the Class One Race this weekend.

Regards Geoff
Media Manager
LuvMyBoat.com
Phone: 07772892186
Old 19-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #16

Thumbs up Favourtie Image from the F2

On a positive note this is my favorite image from the weekend shot on Saturday morning in bright sunshine

Ciao
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F2 Image.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	36302  
Old 19-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #17

Dear Geoff,

My reply was to more than one comment made here not just yours - and my reply reference the RYA was in response your direct comments that they had not answered your emails.

I was not present during the conversation with RYA - so therefore cannot comment on what was discussed.

As for innacuracies - you have stated that the BBC were 'thrown out' of an inshore event this year. Now, i'm sure that you have been fed some extremely wonderful fairy tale from sources that perhaps seek to gain something from loading your bullets to 'fire' but I can tell you now for a fact that it never happened and in fact the BBC broadcast from the event using their own footage and they & other news agencies also had access to powerboatGP footage - which was used.

The last thing anybody wants is for the this to go any further than it has to - which is why I have been trying to contact you to help resolve the matters. I am not interested in arguing or confrontations.

So if you are truly committed to resolution - I await your call.

Kind Regards

Jeni
Old 19-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #18

Crash Image

Oh here is the flip from another angle
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Crash F2.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	36303  
Old 19-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #19

Angry Further Reply from LuvMyBoat

Hi Jeni

I will call after the weekend because I am in Italy for the Class One Race.

I have not received an email from you or a phone call so I really wonder exactly how you have been trying to contact me .... smoke signals?

I have just checked with our customer service desk and we have no recorded calls or inquiries from you or anyone else at PowerboatGP.

We have at last count 17 ways of contacting the company and the site...have you tried any of them?

Ciao Geoff
Old 19-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyBoat View Post
Hi Jeni

I will call after the weekend because I am in Italy for the Class One Race.

I have not received an email from you or a phone call so I really wonder exactly how you have been trying to contact me .... smoke signals?

I have just checked with our customer service desk and we have no recorded calls or inquiries from you or anyone else at PowerboatGP.

We have at last count 17 ways of contacting the company and the site...have you tried any of them?

Ciao Geoff

I called your mobile number 3 times today - left 2 voicemails with my number on :-( definitely your number as I think it said your name. The number ended in 2186 is that the right one ?