Boatmad.com

Old 29-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #41
The Doc

well done streako, you seem to have built all that just using 9 metric spanners and some WD. Impressive!

Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorvator View Post
Someone call?
Someone did.....Apprently you're the man for for Classic Revenger history. Any chance you or someone you know have any concrete information on a Revenger San Marino 27ft called Mudeford Vice?

Clive172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #43
Engine tester

Interests: Gin & Women
Boat name: motorvator
Boat make: Revenger San Marino / Sunseeker Camargue 46 / Phantom 18/19/600
Engines: 502 mercruiser / Detroit 550s / 115 ProXS / Anything Borrowed
Cruising area: Thames, Southend

I'm afraid not Clive.

The only two original San Marinos I know of in existence are Barries and mine. His outboard and mine inboard.

Mike Sloggett told me some years ago that the moulds were sold to someone in Denmark/Sweden who would build one for a price and a couple of examples have raised their heads but noticeably different in finish.
Old 29-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #44

OK thank you Motovator, Barry at Allhallows YC kindly has confirmed Budski's quote of "it went up in smoke" happened a couple of years ago. Sounds like it wasn't an accident but who knows the truth.....just a real shame.

Does anyone remember Mudeford Vice back in the day when it was at full glory? Steve, the guy that owned it didn't have too many issues running twin 200 hp's

What engine(s) does Barry's run and what does your inboard put out? Were the San Marino's never really designed to take outboards (of decent power/weight) hence the transoms pulling away from the hull?

I'm a bit of a San Marino geek ever since being introduced to Mudeford Vice back in the 90's. I want to start a new thread/subject on this so it is titled correctly rather than plagiarising "pic for Matt" but not sure how....do you need to be a member for a while before you can post new threads?
Clive172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive172 View Post
OK thank you Motovator, Barry at Allhallows YC kindly has confirmed Budski's quote of "it went up in smoke" happened a couple of years ago. Sounds like it wasn't an accident but who knows the truth.....just a real shame.

Does anyone remember Mudeford Vice back in the day when it was at full glory? Steve, the guy that owned it didn't have too many issues running twin 200 hp's

What engine(s) does Barry's run and what does your inboard put out? Were the San Marino's never really designed to take outboards (of decent power/weight) hence the transoms pulling away from the hull?

I'm a bit of a San Marino geek ever since being introduced to Mudeford Vice back in the 90's. I want to start a new thread/subject on this so it is titled correctly rather than plagiarising "pic for Matt" but not sure how....do you need to be a member for a while before you can post new threads?
Mine did have 225 optis the problem was they were 25 inch legs which meant the transom was extended and that's what failed. The optis with those legs were heavier than the old 200's
The boat was designed for outboards but back in those days the engine cowlings were slimmer. 2 optis would fit with 20 inch legs but you would loose most of the stearing as they would touch the bezils because they would sit lower
If you do a search on here under the bandit you will see pictures. The ones I have are on an old PC

hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote