Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOD View Post
RB rules will be run as per the web site
Tony, Just a constructive comment, P1 rules refer in many places in the UIM book to an imposed or declared speed limit. As none is posted on the web rules can it be assumed there is no speed limit as it is up to the organiser to declare it. none made under 1.1.

My slant on speed really comes from 5.6 refering to speed being passed to Race control . Assuming, may be incorrectly that it might be for more than positional info?

Both reproduced below
The Rules and Regulations for this Event have been drawn from a combination of RYA National Offshore Rules and UIM Pleasure & Navigation International Rules. The Event will be run under the Rules and Regulations of this Programme and any subsequent Race Instructions and Bulletins as may be issued by the Organisers within the permitted jurisdiction of the Organisers.

Tracking System: All boats are to be fitted with a new satellite tracking system, which each team will be required to hire through the Organisers. This system will show the Safety Officer, OOD and Race Control the speed, course and position of every race boat.

Dont really matter coz it would have to be one heck of a boat to exceed it anyway with long range fuel loaded, just a Theory / Hypothetical question

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #22
OOD

Interests: Racing
Cruising area: South Coast

Tracker have know been sponsered
go to the RB web site for more information

Old 14-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #23

Interests: Extreme Sports, Cars, Boats

Send a message via MSN to Rupert Munro
Quote:
Tracker have know been sponsered
go to the RB web site for more information
I think the question was more related to the top speed and not that of having to hire tracker
Rupert Munro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #24
OOD

Interests: Racing
Cruising area: South Coast

There Is No Top Speed
Old 14-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #25
Chief C*nt!

Interests: Boats
Boat make: Other people's mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFin View Post
Tracking System: All boats are to be fitted with a new satellite tracking system, which each team will be required to hire through the Organisers. This system will show the Safety Officer, OOD and Race Control the speed, course and position of every race boat.
My understanding is that this is purely for safety purposes, to alert control when a boat has stopped.

Given the lack of any evidence to the contrary, as with Turnip1's comments in the main RB thread, this seems to be just another bit of obtuse rumour mongering.

Surely there are more than enough challenges standing in the way of the event as it is (finance and fueling for example) without anyone needing to make up extra ones!
Johnny Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #26

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

Quote:
There Is No Top Speed
the way it should be,well done
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #27

"Oh come off it".
Jon Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #28

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Tony, Just a constructive comment, P1 rules refer in many places in the UIM book to an imposed or declared speed limit. As none is posted on the web rules can it be assumed there is no speed limit as it is up to the organiser to declare it. none made under 1.1.

My slant on speed really comes from 5.6 refering to speed being passed to Race control . Assuming, may be incorrectly that it might be for more than positional info?

Dont really matter coz it would have to be one heck of a boat to exceed it anyway with long range fuel loaded, just a Theory / Hypothetical question
All of this speculation is a total waste of space. If you need to know the answer to a Round Britain question why don't you contact ME rather than just make this stuff up.

SO,THERE IS NO SPEED LIMIT FOR ANY OF THE BOATS IN ANY OF THE CLASSES IN THIS RACE, AND WE ARE MOST CERTAINLY NOT RUNNING UNDER P1 RULES. THEY ARE OUR OWN RULES CAREFULLY CONSTRUCTED BY OURSELVES AND AGREED AND RATIFIED WITH THE RYA AS THERE ARE NO LONGER RULES FOR THIS TYPE OF LONG DISTANCE ENDURANCE RACE EITHER IN THE RYA HANDBOOK OR IN ANY OF THE UIM HANDBOOKS. NO ONE IS RUNNING THIS TYPE OF RACE ANYMORE ANYWHERE EXCEPT THE BRITS!!

I hope I have now got this message across. One last point, if some of you are finding our web site booring, see earlier post by someone calling himself Turnip, don't go there. Simple. It is designed as an information centre not an entertainment centre.

ML.
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 03:03 PM   #29

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:

Both reproduced below
The Rules and Regulations for this Event have been drawn from a combination of RYA National Offshore Rules and UIM Pleasure & Navigation International Rules. The Event will be run under the Rules and Regulations of this Programme and any subsequent Race Instructions and Bulletins as may be issued by the Organisers within the permitted jurisdiction of the Organisers.

All of this speculation is a total waste of space. If you need to know the answer to a Round Britain question why don't you contact ME rather than just make this stuff up.

SO,THERE IS NO SPEED LIMIT FOR ANY OF THE BOATS IN ANY OF THE CLASSES IN THIS RACE, AND WE ARE MOST CERTAINLY NOT RUNNING UNDER
P1 RULES. THEY ARE OUR OWN RULES CAREFULLY CONSTRUCTED BY OURSELVES AND AGREED AND RATIFIED WITH THE RYA AS THERE ARE NO LONGER RULES FOR THIS TYPE OF LONG DISTANCE ENDURANCE RACE EITHER IN THE RYA HANDBOOK OR IN ANY OF THE UIM HANDBOOKS. NO ONE IS RUNNING THIS TYPE OF RACE ANYMORE ANYWHERE EXCEPT THE BRITS!!

I hope I have now got this message across. One last point, if some of you are finding our web site booring, see earlier post by someone calling himself Turnip, don't go there. Simple. It is designed as an information centre not an entertainment centre.

ML.
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #30
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Just to be the one to cause some constructive trouble:

It should be easier to simply answer the question posed directly, in place of referring people to the website, or telling them to PM you. It comes accross like Gary Manchester did with the Hotboats - probably for the same reason - he was sick of idiot comments all the time and became obnoqious and secretive, which was in hindsight the wrong approach.

I do not have the patience to deal with idiots, so I can not do the job, but surely someone can post direct and simple answers to questions raised on the forum, before the 'idiotic fringe' gets a conspiracy going?

I personally have misunderstood several things from the website, and have been put right on this forum, and that is a good and constructive thing. It should continue that way - IMHO this forum is the one most likely to be used to raise questions and look for answers, so it should be used as a tool by the organisers - it is a powerful medium. Treating the questions with the contempt that some questions deserve actually reflects badly on the victim (RB8), and only a strong, direct answer can prevent that.

I wish Gary would learn that, and squash 3/4 of the inuendo that got started on day 1, rather than try fight fires several months later!

Dont fall into the same trap. Take a stiff drink, read the idiotic posts (some may be mine! ) and give a straight answer.......
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan View Post

SO,THERE IS NO SPEED LIMIT FOR ANY OF THE BOATS IN ANY OF THE CLASSES IN THIS RACE, AND WE ARE MOST CERTAINLY NOT RUNNING UNDER
P1 RULES. THEY ARE OUR OWN RULES CAREFULLY CONSTRUCTED BY OURSELVES AND AGREED AND RATIFIED WITH THE RYA AS THERE ARE NO LONGER RULES FOR THIS TYPE OF LONG DISTANCE ENDURANCE RACE EITHER IN THE RYA HANDBOOK OR IN ANY OF THE UIM HANDBOOKS. NO ONE IS RUNNING THIS TYPE OF RACE ANYMORE ANYWHERE EXCEPT THE BRITS!!

ML.
"Oh, come off it".
Old 14-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #32
Chief C*nt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
If you need to know the answer to a Round Britain question why don't you contact ME
Since you mention it . . .

I've asked here, and emailed you directly, about the outboard limits in RB4. Not had an answer though. Anyne else got any suggestions?

If anyone doesn't have it to hand, the classes are here: http://www.roundbritainrace.co.uk/classes.htm

In every class bar RB4, 2 stroke and 4 stroke S/C have the same limits, but there is a large reduction for 4 stroke S/C in RB4. Similarly for the other classes there is a substantial extra allowance for 4 stroke, but a reduction in RB4.

What's the reasoning behind this? Is it to accommodate (or disallow) particular engines? Is it a mistake? Or what?
Old 14-05-2007, 04:14 PM   #33

Check out the round britain Web site Johnny, its an Information centre, not an entertainment centre.
Old 14-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #34

Interests: boats, cars,film.f1 and anitques/paintings
Boat name: tba
Cruising area: south coast France and med

Gentlemen, I have always found Mike Lloyd, very helpful and reafy to reply to any questions, and as HE is the person working 20 hours a day to put the race to-gether, find a sponsor, get rules sorted and ,wash up make coffee and keep an eye on this place, I think you should give him a break............Ask and he will tell, but if you keep snipping then you can bet your life you gonna loose him and there will be no race.
I know I have said it before but you are very quick to bitch and want this that or the other done, but when push comes to shove you all sit there with your hands up your arses and gobs shut..........SO UNLESS YOU WANT ML TO WALK AWAY BACK HIM OR GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY.
ML is the organiser no one else........get it:::;;;;
TimB-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #35

Interests: Boats Cars women and wine
Boat name: The Bandit & The Bandit1
Boat make: Revenger San Marino & Hunton Rib
Engines: For sale Twin 225 Opti's
Cruising area: The Solent

[
Quote:
QUOTE=TimB-C;109283]Gentlemen, I have always found Mike Lloyd, very helpful and reafy to reply to any questions, and as HE is the person working 20 hours a day to put the race to-gether, find a sponsor, get rules sorted and ,wash up make coffee and keep an eye on this place, I think you should give him a break............Ask and he will tell, but if you keep snipping then you can bet your life you gonna loose him and there will be no race.
I know I have said it before but you are very quick to bitch and want this that or the other done, but when push comes to shove you all sit there with your hands up your arses and gobs shut..........SO UNLESS YOU WANT ML TO WALK AWAY BACK HIM OR GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY.
ML is the organiser no one else........get it:::;;;;[/QUOTE
]

I have only met Mike through this race and what a great job he is doing.
He and his team can never satisfy everyone. Thank god he and his team are prepared to work so hard to put this event on, so guys lets give him all the support we can.

Tim take some of your own advice. Do you think your entertaining us with the OOD crap.
the bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 05:23 PM   #36

Interests: boats, cars,film.f1 and anitques/paintings
Boat name: tba
Cruising area: south coast France and med

point taken...............appologies
TimB-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 08:02 PM   #37

Interests: Cruising, Wakeboarding, Skiing
Boat name: Tombuoy
Boat make: 6m RIB
Engines: Mercruiser 1.7d
Cruising area: Solent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket View Post
Since you mention it . . .

I've asked here, and emailed you directly, about the outboard limits in RB4. Not had an answer though. Anyne else got any suggestions?

If anyone doesn't have it to hand, the classes are here: http://www.roundbritainrace.co.uk/classes.htm

In every class bar RB4, 2 stroke and 4 stroke S/C have the same limits, but there is a large reduction for 4 stroke S/C in RB4. Similarly for the other classes there is a substantial extra allowance for 4 stroke, but a reduction in RB4.

What's the reasoning behind this? Is it to accommodate (or disallow) particular engines? Is it a mistake? Or what?
I've had a look at it and this is my opinion on why the limits have been set,
The 4/s supercharged cc limit of 3,470cc is almost exactly 2 small block verado's which are 1732cc each.

The 2 stroke limit of 5000cc allows the running of twin 150 opti's at 2507cc each, but doesn't allow a pair of small block etecs which could be up to 200hp each, or a pair of yamaha v-max which could also go to 200hp.

Effectively limits you to a single big block, 250-300hp or a pair of 150's in each engine type.
Harry
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo View Post

The 2 stroke limit of 5000cc allows the running of twin 150 opti's at 2507cc each, but doesn't allow a pair of small block etecs which could be up to 200hp each, or a pair of yamaha v-max which could also go to 200hp.
Harry
I know its been a long time since i was at school but doesn't 2507 X 2 = 5014? Which surely is over the limit of 5000cc?
Old 14-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #39
Chief C*nt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
Effectively limits you to a single big block, 250-300hp or a pair of 150's in each engine type.
What about normally aspiratesd 4 stroke? Why would the allowance be less than for 2 stroke? The other classes allow a 40% INCREASE for 4 strokes!
Old 14-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #40

Interests: Cruising, Wakeboarding, Skiing
Boat name: Tombuoy
Boat make: 6m RIB
Engines: Mercruiser 1.7d
Cruising area: Solent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip1 View Post
I know its been a long time since i was at school but doesn't 2507 X 2 = 5014? Which surely is over the limit of 5000cc?
Yeah, which does give them a problem.
Verytricky is planning to run a 6.8litre in the same class which limits him to a 6.5 but that is ok apparently.

If the leeway extends to a 6.8 in a max 6.5 class, i presumed 14cc over wouldn't be a problem. What is the limit though? If you can get away with about 100cc over that could open the class up to pairs of 200 etec HO's which would rinse a single 300.

Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote