Procharger for 496 mercruiser

oso has loads of info on procharger vs whipple the procharger is a lot cheaper

long term the whipple is meant to be better kit you get what you pay for but the procharger gives you loads of extra hp for the money lots of people are happy with them

raylar do a n/a kit for the 496 i`ve got no idea how much it is though

http://www.raylarengine.com/packages.html

496 mag ho

barry u can get between 50 -55 bhp improvement on each motor with cmi sport tube headers also a small increase is to be had with an ecu upgrade from raylar eng in the states they are the kiddys on the 496 me and tony are fitting a set of sport tubes to my fountain ile let u no if they are
as good as they say they are theycan be fitted with the motors in place by tony

Thanks for the info guys.

Andy that would be great.

Jeff told me last night Barry that if you raised your engines as he suggested in the first place then you would go faster.

Interesting to hear that, as I rang Jeff prior to fitting the transom assemblies, and he told me what height to fit them at!

I actually remember you talkin' to me about the X height on Barrys install, just after you'd had that convo.

I DID tell you that Jeff was wrong, you were wrong and to go higher, but you dont listen do you! :rolleyes:

p.s what height should my motor be Tone? ;)

Barry distinctly remeber you telling me that the motoors swere mounted optimum and all u neeeeded was some moure orses hence the convo bout prochrgerererers with guinesss.

bestest place in the world to sort out boat speeds that guinesseseeeszsse tent. shame kinellfast wasnt there:hugegrin:

Interesting to hear that, as I rang Jeff prior to fitting the transom assemblies, and he told me what height to fit them at!

Actually what was said at the boat show was: Jeff wanted to look at the height of the drives. They may of been set the same as a standard boat and as its a race boat they could of been set higher.

What we do know is when we have 1000 kg of fuel and 18 people on board it gets on the plane very quickly.

Actually what was said at the boat show was: Jeff wanted to look at the height of the drives. They may of been set the same as a standard boat

He must think I didn't take his advice then, as they went in at the height he reccomended, which was the same as his pleasure boats.

Perhaps he'd like to buy you some shortie Imco's for getting it wrong! :hugegrin:

He must think I didn't take his advice then, as they went in at the height he reccomended, which was the same as his pleasure boats.

Perhaps he'd like to buy you some shortie Imco's for getting it wrong! :hugegrin:
Actually I was told by Marinautic they didn't need my iadvice on x dimension as they knew where to put them. I haven't a clue how high they were put, but as his boat is a ton lighter than the standard cruiser on this hull and only acheives the same speed, something is wrong.

Actually I was told by Marinautic they didn't need my iadvice on x dimension as they knew where to put them. I haven't a clue how high they were put,

Yeh, ok, if you say so!

Whats done is done.

I have various options for the boat

1 Turn the boat into a tow truck as it has lots of grunt

2 Borrow, Scrounge, or beg for some kind gent to lend me some shortie drives

3 Whack some cheap superchargers on and see what the boat is capable of
with more Gee gees

4 Take up snooker or darts as its alot cheaper.

My mankini is already packed.
Tony is packing sandwiches.
Not sure what lozza is bringing, but since he's gonna miss the plane, it doesn't really matter.
:drain: :well::hugegrin:

Back