Boatmad.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
Registered User
 
cossie69's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Occupation: VW TRANSPORTER CAMPER CONVERSIONS
Boat make: BERNICO
Cruising area: ANYWHERE

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 241
trim tabs

iv been looking at trim tabs for my boat, i see there is self leveling tabs, are these anygood i just want to get on the plain faster when i try and pull a skier out the bow is very high look forward to your replies
__________________

cossie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Country: UK
Location: Gosport
Occupation: Own a small building firm.
Interests: Boats, kids and looking after the Wife HaHa
Boat name: Shamu
Boat make: Banana Shark 770
Engines: Mercury XS300
Cruising area: Solent

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gosport
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie69 View Post
iv been looking at trim tabs for my boat, i see there is self leveling tabs, are these anygood i just want to get on the plain faster when i try and pull a skier out the bow is very high look forward to your replies
Have you put a lower pitch prop on? Or a four blader?
__________________

Banana Shark Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
Registered User
 
cossie69's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Occupation: VW TRANSPORTER CAMPER CONVERSIONS
Boat make: BERNICO
Cruising area: ANYWHERE

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 241
thanks for the reply, my prop is set perfect for the rpm at wot, i didnt want to drop a pitch or 2 as i might end up over reving the engine do you think i will be ok dropping a few pitches even though my prop is spot on with rpm ?
cossie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Country: UK
Location: Gosport
Occupation: Own a small building firm.
Interests: Boats, kids and looking after the Wife HaHa
Boat name: Shamu
Boat make: Banana Shark 770
Engines: Mercury XS300
Cruising area: Solent

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gosport
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie69 View Post
thanks for the reply, my prop is set perfect for the rpm at wot, i didnt want to drop a pitch or 2 as i might end up over reving the engine do you think i will be ok dropping a few pitches even though my prop is spot on with rpm ?
I would leave that prop as is and buy another just for skiing. A four blade prop will give you loads of bite and pull your skier up nice and easy. But why not speak to an expert. Try Dave Harwood at Steel Devolpments in London.

They are really helpful propeller experts and always have a range of secondhand props.
Banana Shark Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Country: UK
Location: Gosport
Occupation: Own a small building firm.
Interests: Boats, kids and looking after the Wife HaHa
Boat name: Shamu
Boat make: Banana Shark 770
Engines: Mercury XS300
Cruising area: Solent

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gosport
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Shark Dave View Post
I would leave that prop as is and buy another just for skiing. A four blade prop will give you loads of bite and pull your skier up nice and easy. But why not speak to an expert. Try Dave Harwood at Steel Devolpments in London.

They are really helpful propeller experts and always have a range of secondhand props.
Just found his phone number it's 020 8874 7059

Tell him Dave Webber put you on to him and he'll give you all the advice you need. They have been fixing, repairing, re pitching, selling and making props for years.
Banana Shark Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Country: U.K
Location: poole
Occupation: Marine Game... Bennett Marine
Interests: fast boats......
Boat make: phantom 21, Searay 260 Ov
Engines: XR 2, 2 x 4.3 V6
Cruising area: poole bay - solent, where petrol allows

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: poole
Posts: 136
I can sort you a set of trim tabs if you require them.
__________________

__________________
Boat = Break out another thousand!!
mark.saunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×