Boatmad.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 14-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
Registered User
 
K9 racing's Avatar
 
Country: england
Location: southampton
Occupation: Self employed monkey
Interests: racing, gettin wet.
Boat name: sea j marine
Boat make: 12ft scorpio,14 fletcher,16 argo
Engines: 25hp merc and 90 yam
Cruising area: southampton water

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: southampton
Posts: 888
Whats this?

whats this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	10232  
__________________

__________________
the day before you die your life flashes before you... make it worth watching.
K9 racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 09:08 PM   #2
Registered User
 
MrRob's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Birmingham
Occupation: Scratching
Interests: Big Dinners
Boat name: Never Enough
Boat make: Seaquel 600xs
Engines: 225hp Merc ProMax
Cruising area: Anywhere! I prefer Weymouth

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3,232
Send a message via AIM to MrRob
is it a lorne campbell?
__________________

MrRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
Registered User
 
K9 racing's Avatar
 
Country: england
Location: southampton
Occupation: Self employed monkey
Interests: racing, gettin wet.
Boat name: sea j marine
Boat make: 12ft scorpio,14 fletcher,16 argo
Engines: 25hp merc and 90 yam
Cruising area: southampton water

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: southampton
Posts: 888
what did they go like any good?

john
K9 racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #4
The Doc
 
Captain Chaos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,265
Quote:
Originally posted by MrRob
is it a lorne campbell?
knowing jack-shit about boats that I do, even i'd guess a feckin 3 pointer would have been designed by him!
Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
Registered User
 
MrRob's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Birmingham
Occupation: Scratching
Interests: Big Dinners
Boat name: Never Enough
Boat make: Seaquel 600xs
Engines: 225hp Merc ProMax
Cruising area: Anywhere! I prefer Weymouth

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3,232
Send a message via AIM to MrRob
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Chaos
knowing jack-shit about boats that I do, even i'd guess a feckin 3 pointer would have been designed by him!
I would hardly say you know Jack Shit! My mates brain is now 30% dead after us talking about boats around yours!
__________________
I got jumper cables!
MrRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 09:33 PM   #6
The Doc
 
Captain Chaos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,265
all I know is, they are supposed to float and that the prop thingy spins round & round quite fast
Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #7
Registered User
 
K9 racing's Avatar
 
Country: england
Location: southampton
Occupation: Self employed monkey
Interests: racing, gettin wet.
Boat name: sea j marine
Boat make: 12ft scorpio,14 fletcher,16 argo
Engines: 25hp merc and 90 yam
Cruising area: southampton water

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: southampton
Posts: 888
__________________
the day before you die your life flashes before you... make it worth watching.
K9 racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 11:58 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: Toddington
Occupation: Construction
Interests: Boats & Kart Racing

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toddington
Posts: 24
It was designed by lorne and built by midas
I raced it with mark mulvaney , best rough water boat ever built
Took it to the ill fated worlds in hartlpool 95 after bying from neill holmes.
we gave neil and mr miller in his new bat boat a run for their money until it puked a gear box TWICE
canopy rules ended its life a great shame a really great boat to race
Dave.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 07:43 AM   #9
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,959
I have some video of it 'going over' back in about '95

There was a slightly larger aluminium version built after that called 'JustAdd Water' that was supposed to be really good, but also destroyed gearboxes at an alarming rate.
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 10:16 AM   #10
Registered User
 
Country: united Kingdom
Location: kent
Occupation: Broker
Interests: Powerboat Racing and F1
Boat name: Fugazi II
Boat make: Phantom 18
Engines: Mercury 150
Cruising area: AYC

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: kent
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave.V
It was designed by lorne and built by midas
I raced it with mark mulvaney , best rough water boat ever built
Took it to the ill fated worlds in hartlpool 95 after bying from neill holmes.
we gave neil and mr miller in his new bat boat a run for their money until it puked a gear box TWICE
canopy rules ended its life a great shame a really great boat to race
I was on just the other night watching a 1995 video of Falmouth race which had a lot of footage of the boat, great looking boat.

it would have been iteresting to see if a canopy could have been put around the driver and navigator if it was to be changed to a tandem set up like the 2 litre version that Neil changed from side by side .
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #11
Traveling
 
Country: UK
Location: Alderholt
Occupation: Aerospace
Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Alderholt
Posts: 4,223
Didn't sell last year on B&O ended up on e bay as hull only motors sold already gone (2xXR2). Had some car seats in it looked with them fitted

Bit Here

couple of pages on it here also
__________________
It is impossible to lick your elbow.

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: Toddington
Occupation: Construction
Interests: Boats & Kart Racing

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toddington
Posts: 24
jon the video you have is it from porstmouth, if so would realy like to gethold of a copy. Thing nearly killed me that day i came up from under it and got trapped between engines head just above water and going up and down with the swell,not very nice.
Dave.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: Toddington
Occupation: Construction
Interests: Boats & Kart Racing

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toddington
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Woody
I was on just the other night watching a 1995 video of Falmouth race which had a lot of footage of the boat, great looking boat.

it would have been iteresting to see if a canopy could have been put around the driver and navigator if it was to be changed to a tandem set up like the 2 litre version that Neil changed from side by side .
we did look at putting a canopy on at the time we had lorne invovled,
he addmitted that he had misscalculated the postition of the cockpit and that it should have been about 4 feet further to stern
It ran with a water tant up front filled with water to compensate
due to the work involved it proved unviable great shame as said before superb boat
Dave.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #14
Registered User
 
roofer's Avatar
 
Location: GOLDEN MILE
Boat name: LILY THE PINK AND TERMINATOR 11
Boat make: PHANTOM 21 AND 20
Engines: 2.5 EFI X 2

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: GOLDEN MILE
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally posted by BluFin
Didn't sell last year on B&O ended up on e bay as hull only motors sold already gone (2xXR2). Had some car seats in it looked with them fitted

Bit Here

couple of pages on it here also
Motors are on a p25 in hutchy's yard.
__________________
PLEASE DON'T STEAL...THE GOVERNMENT DON'T LIKE THE COMPETITION
roofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 09:20 AM   #15
Registered User
 
Burty's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Weston Super Mare
Occupation: Electrical Engineer

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Weston Super Mare
Posts: 6,351
Send a message via AIM to Burty
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave.V
we did look at putting a canopy on at the time we had lorne invovled,
he addmitted that he had misscalculated the postition of the cockpit and that it should have been about 4 feet further to stern
It ran with a water tant up front filled with water to compensate
due to the work involved it proved unviable great shame as said before superb boat
dude, if you were sat 4' forward of where you think you should have been why did you have to run a full bow tank to compensate???? surely thats the other way round
Burty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #16
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: Toddington
Occupation: Construction
Interests: Boats & Kart Racing

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toddington
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Burty
dude, if you were sat 4' forward of where you think you should have been why did you have to run a full bow tank to compensate???? surely thats the other way round
your dead right my head was up my a*se when i posted that
put down to old age setting in
Dave.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 10:51 PM   #17
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,959
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave.V
jon the video you have is it from porstmouth, if so would realy like to get hold of a copy. Thing nearly killed me that day i came up from under it and got trapped between engines head just above water and going up and down with the swell,not very nice.
Dave, here you go.

Credit goes to Ben, as it's his video.

http://media.boatmad.com/gallery/v/m...untry.wmv.html
__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 08:11 AM   #18
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: Toddington
Occupation: Construction
Interests: Boats & Kart Racing

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toddington
Posts: 24
Jon Thanks very much, first time that i have seen that

Ben do you have longer footage at all ?
Dave.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 08:20 AM   #19
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,959
I copied a load of Bens tapes before he returned to the US, I'll have a look and see if I have more from that race.
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #20
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: Toddington
Occupation: Construction
Interests: Boats & Kart Racing

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toddington
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Fuller
I copied a load of Bens tapes before he returned to the US, I'll have a look and see if I have more from that race.
Thanks very much would really appreciate it
__________________

Dave.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×