Interests: Many and Varied!
Boat name: Starseed
Boat make: Colvic Suncruiser 35 Flybridge
Engines: 2x Thorneycroft 225 turbo diesel
Cruising area: South Coast

Raceboat International...

Hot off the press today:

http://raceboatinternational.com/index.php?id=864

Cardiff racing this weekend with Thundercats National Championship, and UKFFORC.

Old 20-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #2

Interests: Many and Varied!
Boat name: Starseed
Boat make: Colvic Suncruiser 35 Flybridge
Engines: 2x Thorneycroft 225 turbo diesel
Cruising area: South Coast

I should point out firstly that I do not have any involvement with approving Race Instructions. Just a couple of points regarding the Raceboat International article...

The racing at Cardiff next weekend is within Cardiff Bay and NOT outside the barrage on open "offshore" water. Turning space is limited at the town end of the harbour and rules and restriction on racing governed by the RYA are constantly changing to reflect safety standards in modern racing. Any restrictions on racing come fom the Race Approvals Panel, not the event organisers or committees

The Cardiff event has never been planned as round 3 of the National Raceboat Championship. Round one of the NRC was at West Bay 3rd & 5th of May, and Round two is in Plymouth on 14-16th June. There are no venues published yet for rounds 3 or 4. ThecCardiff event is being organised by Thundercat Racing as a round of their National Championship, together with UKFFORC and invitations.

"The city was on the brink of signing a deal to host a round of the UIM World F1 Championship", but it didn't happen. Maybe for safety reasons? I don't know.

The British Water Ski Championships are on the calendar for Cardiff in June. However, they do not race under the RYA banner and their approvals to race is not the responsibility of the RYA.

With regard to Ramsgate, one OOD would suffice, provided they were authorised to cover canopy boats.

Old 20-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
BananaShark Member

Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbil112 View Post
I should point out firstly that I do not have any involvement with approving Race Instructions. Just a couple of points regarding the Raceboat International article...

The racing at Cardiff next weekend is within Cardiff Bay and NOT outside the barrage on open "offshore" water. Turning space is limited at the town end of the harbour and rules and restriction on racing governed by the RYA are constantly changing to reflect safety standards in modern racing. Any restrictions on racing come fom the Race Approvals Panel, not the event organisers or committees

The Cardiff event has never been planned as round 3 of the National Raceboat Championship. Round one of the NRC was at West Bay 3rd & 5th of May, and Round two is in Plymouth on 14-16th June. There are no venues published yet for rounds 3 or 4. ThecCardiff event is being organised by Thundercat Racing as a round of their National Championship, together with UKFFORC and invitations.

"The city was on the brink of signing a deal to host a round of the UIM World F1 Championship", but it didn't happen. Maybe for safety reasons? I don't know.

The British Water Ski Championships are on the calendar for Cardiff in June. However, they do not race under the RYA banner and their approvals to race is not the responsibility of the RYA.

With regard to Ramsgate, one OOD would suffice, provided they were authorised to cover canopy boats.
Cardiff was good enough to hold the National finals one year (without any incidents if I remember correctly) with racing inside and outside - shame it pi$$ed it down all weekend!

British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #4

Interests: OCR all water sports
Boat name: Xtreme Comfort
Boat make: Phantom 16
Engines: Yamaha 90
Cruising area: B15 OCR boat

Send a message via AIM to Nobby
I don't get how I think it was 2004 the RYA put on a big event that was a great weekend and everyone enjoyed it and now they will only let 6 boats to race round one course at a time and the OCR type boats with less hp have to go round the larger course and the ukff boats do the small course that's why there is no point going to just race 2 boats in my class
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote