Boatmad.com

Old 19-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #1

Boat name: DoublEdge Motorsports
Boat make: 30' Skater / 24' Skater
Engines: (2) Mercury 2.5 litre OB
Cruising area: Florida

Lightbulb 2009 OSS Race Info

Posted By Ron Polli

This schedule is not official yet, but it's real close.

Biloxi - March
Clearwater - April
Lake Cumberland - May
Sunny Isles Beach – June - with run to Bimini and back
Kenner – July - Al Copeland Invitational
Orange Beach - August - Invitational
LOTO – Sept
Worlds – Jupiter - October - Invitational

We also have a new TV show that should be announced next week or the week after.

I'm going to Lake Cumberland next week to meet with the authorities to hopefully get a green light for the next few years.

As for unification it won't happen anytime soon if ever, but joint races should be simple to do and a benefit for everyone involved. We did a few joint races with POPRA in the past. Hopefully we'll do some races with OPA in 09. As for SBI, I've tried 3 times in 08, it's clear to me now that working with SBI will never happen so I've given up on that one. (not SBI Bashing, just fact)

OSS is working with Stu and the Florida Powerboat club to bring racing and Poker Runs to the same FL venue. We'd love to work with other Poker Run groups at the other race sites outside of FL.

We are interested in improving our sport and our production. Like Pete B said, we are also in the entertainment business. Cities pay a lot of money to bring our show to their town, we need to give them their money's worth in return. So in 09 you'll see OSS doing HEAT RACING (like we did in Orange Beach this year) wherever possible. You'll see the elimination of the 525 Vee and Vee Extreme classes and in their place will be the two P1 style Power to Weight ratio classes. We also added 4 classes to accommodate the P-Class racer. No GPS units, we do it using average lap speeds.

I continue to be a fan of the sport and work for the betterment of OSS and the sport in general. I'm open to new ideas and concepts. If you'd like to talk, call 732 552 0669 or send me an email rpolli@offshoresuperseries.com.

Lets work together to make 09 the best season of racing yet. Thank you for your thoughts and assistance.

Ron
S-111 DoublEdge Motorsports
Ryan Beckley is offline   Reply With Quote