Boatmad.com

Old 08-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #21

Interests: boats
Boat make: new boat on way
Cruising area: uk

Hi Guys

This time you have me to answer your questions so here goes!

Firstly Jonny in an ideal world all that you have come up with is tried by all race organisers and is sucessful, unfortunatly we find more and more that people who have assisted with sponsership in the past are becoming few and far between and they have so many requests for help. The situation is not unmovable and some clubs after a lot of hard work can and do get some offers of help, i was sucessful at times when i worked with OCR and it meant a lot to be able to waver the cost of some accomadation and even down to getting free mars bars helped.

Cookie i now move onto you and your response, yes there is prize money for basic races as was said in the first post. With reference to insults that was a statement aimed to at last try to stop everyone thinking that we are out to cause trouble and steal boats from other classes. You should be on the recieving end of some of the phone calls and emails we have had since trying to introduce a new class into Powerboat Racing. It is not for the faint hearted and i have wished the whole plan back to the drawing board on many occasions, you may not like to hear it but Gary is more dedicated than i would have been. I would have told everyone to shove it where the sun don't shine, and before you say it yes i am Garys partner and i support him but only because i can see the good he is trying to do for everyone. You say entry fees are expensive have you had a look at what other classes charge who race bigger boats.

Gary raced in the Brass monkey at poole and no he did not go out there and win in fact he didn't come anywhere near it, but then he didn't enter for that reason he entered to support the basic race and to test out the boat. It was a learning curve and he has done well enough in the past so backhanded comments about where he finished do not help.

To be honest i am bone tired with all of the battles that we have had to put up with and you guys dont know the half of it. Mr Davis you seem so concerned about who is racing hotboats why is that do you intend to race if so then talk to us. If not your energy and passion for the sport is noble so get out there and give us all a hand. I know you build boats and you have raced you have experience that could help in all sorts of ways so lets use it shall we and spend no more time on negitive comments and watch this space. I will not throw my hands up in the air and walk away from a sport that deserves more and people who have a passion that has worn off on me. If you wish to debate this or anything else you have the phone number use it and argue with me.

If not get out there and work with your race organisers and enjoy what is possibly One of the best and most exciting sports in the world.

Regards to you all

Denise

flightracingteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:20 PM   #22
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

OK,

Gary has a wonderful way with words... .... not.

However, he does say it as he see's it, which is good.... most of the time...

Here is my input: I will personally pay £75 on behalf of each entry received by Gary/Flight/Hotboats for this first event, provided the entries are posted to Gary/Flight/Hotboats on or before the 1st April 2007, post mark on the envelope to determine posting date. Remember to include your entry fee of £200, and I will make up the balance myself.

So - this event will cost you £100 per race.

This offer is open to everyone, basic, beginner, national licence holder, CB1 including you and Gav, every one, no one excluded, you just have to enter before the end of this month.

If you win and get prize money, that is yours to keep, I am subsidising the entry fee with no small print or restrictions or comebacks, it is as if you entered and paid the fee yourself.

OK?

Questions on a post card please!

Gary, can you make the entry forms avalable for JF or some place on your website, so people can get access to them?

Additionally, I will definately be racing at Burry port where ever the hell it is.

... so he has one definate and named entry....

verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #23
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

...... denise needs to get her own userid....
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #24

Interests: girls
Boat name: legless
Boat make: sunseeker46
Engines: seatek750
Cruising area: solent

Send a message via ICQ to terryterrence Send a message via AIM to terryterrence Send a message via Yahoo to terryterrence
if powerboat racing is in such a bad state as everyone says and costs of running events are rising, would it not of made more sense to run a new class alongside the other national classes , sharing facilities and costs and then if new boats join hotboats this would improve the spectacle for the viewing public, instead of maybe splitting already depleted fleets
Old 08-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #25

Marc

On the tactful bit yes Gary has a way with words!!!! he says it how it is i am afraid.

I am not able to get my own user name as flight racing is the log on name for boatmad. Howeve if i could i think i would be level varies you know i'm always in the s... it is just the level varies.

Marc that is a fantastic and very generous offer and is most gractiously welcome (i can not even spell now i am so dumb struck by what you are offering to race crews).

We will make the entry forms avalible to JF and will place it on the Hotboats website to be downloaded within the next 24 hours and the Hotboats team are always able to discuss anything to do with racing at any time.

Burryport is a fantastic venue the people are all for Powerboat racing and the welcome is always very warm. The people bend over backwards to help and there is always an awful lot of people watching and supporting the event, and on top of that we have H20 magazine as our guests along with local media personal. The race party is always good and the beer is very cheap

I look forward to what will be a great event.

Regards

Denise
Old 08-03-2007, 05:05 PM   #26

Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightracingteam View Post
Mr Davis you seem so concerned about who is racing hotboats why is that do you intend to race if so then talk to us.
Denise
I can assure you I'm not the least bit concerned, it's more just idle curiosity.

I have considered building a boat for the series, but I would like to know what the competition was going to be, plus, imho some of the venues aren't that inspiring.

I have been contacted by two different parties so far this week, both of whom have my boats and are interested in racing, but having followed the questions and answers on the forum have decided to sit back and see what happens! Both seemed suprised at the secrecy of the class, and the fact that not one person has come forward to say that they are competing.

I've heard that your telling people that Blackpool has parted with a considerable amount of ££££ to host the racing, surely they don't want it all to be a secret.

If i thought it was going to happen, I'd go to the first race, but I'm just a little worried that I might be the only one there!
Old 08-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #27

Mr Davis

You have been listening to gossip again Hotboats telling people that Blackpool are parting with £££££ got that One wrong, Blackpool are supporting the event but not with cash so there you have it.

The venues are not inspiring well where would you like to tell us of more inspiring venues and they can be looked at for next year, we are guests of ORDA at 2 events and they are guests of ours at 1. We are guests at Ramsgate the other 3 events are being organised by us and have met with great support from the places concerned including Blackpool so they may not rock your socks but they have offered their venues and given a lot of support.

We have 2 extreams already so there will be plenty of compertition for the guys who have your boats already so i guess the simple answer is get these people who are sitting and watching to contact us and better still have a go in the basic race.

The Chairman of ORDA is racing in the basic at Burryport and we are pleased to have his support along with Vee Ganjavian of P1 fame, John Puddifoot is also attending. Marc Lamont has given his support to name but a few.........

Guys really it is time to get behind Powerboat Racing and stop sitting back what have you got to loose you may just enjoy yourself and want to do it all over again.

Regards

Denise
Old 08-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #28
Gav

Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
Quote:
Originally Posted by verytricky View Post
OK,

Gary has a wonderful way with words... .... not.

However, he does say it as he see's it, which is good.... most of the time...

Here is my input: I will personally pay £75 on behalf of each entry received by Gary/Flight/Hotboats for this first event, provided the entries are posted to Gary/Flight/Hotboats on or before the 1st April 2007, post mark on the envelope to determine posting date. Remember to include your entry fee of £200, and I will make up the balance myself.

So - this event will cost you £100 per race.

This offer is open to everyone, basic, beginner, national licence holder, CB1 including you and Gav, every one, no one excluded, you just have to enter before the end of this month.

If you win and get prize money, that is yours to keep, I am subsidising the entry fee with no small print or restrictions or comebacks, it is as if you entered and paid the fee yourself.

OK?

Questions on a post card please!

Gary, can you make the entry forms avalable for JF or some place on your website, so people can get access to them?

Additionally, I will definately be racing at Burry port where ever the hell it is.

... so he has one definate and named entry....
Thanks for the very generous offer Marc, but alas ... no boat

question to Gary/Denise........
How are people who are thinking of racing or spectating at this venue going to weigh up whether or not to do so if they have no idea of the numbers racing?

Gav
Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #29

Gav

As we only posted the details of the basic race yesterday we are at this moment in time not sure how many boats will enter.

This is due to two facts beyond my control.
1/ My glass ball has turned cloudy.
2/ I am sorry to say Mystic Meg is currently on holiday.

Regards Hotboat Racing.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:30 PM   #30
Gav

Quote:
Gav

As we only posted the details of the basic race yesterday we are at this moment in time not sure how many boats will enter.

This is due to two facts beyond my control.
1/ My glass ball has turned cloudy.
2/ I am sorry to say Mystic Meg is currently on holiday.

Regards Hotboat Racing.
ok i'll rephrase! how many teams who signed up for hotboats are competing at this event?
Old 08-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #31

GAV

All of them.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #32
Gav

Quote:
GAV

All of them.
I asked a perfectly plausible question. whats the problem?
Old 08-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #33
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

A full list of boats taking part in the series is available, all you need to do is look on the internet with a good search engine
2007 Hotboat Teams

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #34
Silence!!!... I kill you

Interests: Powerboat racing, Travel
Cruising area: South Coast

Tells you something doesn't it?
Old 08-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #35
Silence!!!... I kill you

Interests: Powerboat racing, Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
whats the problem?
You need to sign the official secrets act, and swear an oath of silence.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #36
Gav

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFin View Post
A full list of boats taking part in the series is available, all you need to do is look on the internet with a good search engine
2007 Hotboat Teams

websites not working ! cant see any teams in the "team profiles"
Old 08-03-2007, 07:56 PM   #37

Interests: Classic Cars, Boats
Boat make: Martini Corsa 26
Engines: Twin Mercury

Basic Race At Burryport

As soon as i've put my engine back together and completed the racing mods, i'm going to enter my 1984 Revenger 25 Mediterainee. I'm not going to make the beginning of the season, but will hopefully be able to get racing towards the end. For people like me with a boat that isn't eligable for current classes, Hotboats looks pretty good...even if I will probably finish last!!!
russellramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #38
CB1

Me neither!!!!!!
CB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #39
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28

OK, hotboat entry form for this race is available to download as a .pdf and print: HERE

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:47 PM   #40

Interests: Boats n' Harleys
Boat name: Divine Wind(new for 05)
Boat make: Phantom 16/18.Argo 21.Zap Cat
Engines: yam 130/90. Tohatsu 50
Cruising area: Gower /La Manga Spain

Burry Port

Gary,good luck with the Burry Port races,it is good to see that you will debut the new series here,it is of special interest to me as I introduced Powerboat racing to Burry Port a few years ago when we were looking for an alternative venue to Swansea for O.C.R as Honda were racing there on the same weekend.Christina organised the event in double quick time aided by Bob the very helpful Harbour Master,it turned out to be a very good event.
I am sure everyone will get a very good welcome.
Burry Port is off junction 49 of the M4,follow the signs fo Pembrey Motor Circuit and you will see the signs,it is a small harbour town ,plenty of pubs and places to eat,night clubs up the road in Llanelli,mega nightlife in Swansea there is a train station in the town that goes to Swansea with a late return, sorry guys I forgot that you are racing bit of tea and in bed nice and early just as we used to do when racing!!!!!!!
Chris careful what you say now,Taff and Mary live 5 minutes up the road,you've been warned !