Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by racing fan View Post
if thats you c56 the orange bat boat,
how do you explain not even beeting the small honda boat, i believe they have a 150 hp engine, and were in front of you all the way
Simple to Quote Honda "The Power Of Dreams" to pass an off form not running right Merc powered boat.

L ook deeper even Honda drive the own boat off Niagra Falls

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:54 PM   #142

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #143
CB1

Hey Racing Fan. You give SB crap, how about the Extreme that was beaten by a 1.3 ocr boat?
CB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #144

Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
Hey Racing Fan. You give SB crap, how about the Extreme that was beaten by a 1.3 ocr boat?
Oi, watch it. "I prefer to think of it as Gary got beaten by a superior driver in a 1.3ocr boat".

Don't fancy his chances in Hotboat though!

Perhaps he had the wrong prop on.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:46 PM   #145
CB1

Not dissing you or your excelent boats oh great one!!!!!!! Just trying to show things dont go as planned.
CB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #146

Interests: Powerboat Racing
Boat name: Team Purple, Team Shark
Boat make: Sperstock 150, 300 race boats, Class 3s cat
Engines: Honda 150, 2.5 efi ROS*2
Cruising area: Solent

ScottyBoy Air show

I was in the other Silver Honda 150 behind Scotty boy when he got his big Air - I looked up and thought that the local airbase was putting on an airshow - the last time I saw a sillohette on the horizon like that I was at Farnbourgh! I did back off a bit because my first reaction was that somebody was going to be hurt, then I hit the same swell landed on the end of the boat and popped the engine cowling off. Lap and half later we blew the ignition fuse due to water in the alternator and had to retire.

It was our first race on Saturday, and I have to say the adrenaline is still flowing, but what struck me was 1)the fantastic organisation and 2)friendliness of all the competitors... Cant wait till the next one!

And! thanks to the guys who towed us back to the RMYC

Anybody get any photographs of the Silver H-13 honda boat, as our first events I would like some sort of momento if someone can help me out!

Stuart
The Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #147

Interests: finish the race
Cruising area: ww

Quote:

Anybody get any photographs of the Silver H-13 honda boat, as our first events I would like some sort of momento if someone can help me out!

Stuart

Give Dave ormiston a call Stuart 07773434230 hes sended me some pic's from our boat...i'm sure he got some shots 4 you
ForTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:09 AM   #148

Boat name: nyb
Boat make: long, thin & fast
Engines: 2
Cruising area: uk & europe

Great Event

Contratulations to all those involved, organisers and racers. Just shows we need more well organised basic races in the callender. Really good to see the Belgium P1 boat making the effort & giving the event an international element.

Also good to see other UK p1 teams, not forgeting the grass roots of the sport & supporting a basic race such as this. Well done Ocean Dragon & Buzzi
Bullit. Also Mike & Jackie, they might not have bought ARPRO but Mike was racing & Jackie was there.

It was good to see some Honda boats in a basic race, they performed really well against more powerfull boats, maybe we will see more of them at other basic races in future. Basic multi class racing brings all the offshore racing enthusiasts together, in a fun friendly enviroment, that can only be possitive for the sport.

The conditions were tough (unless you were in Hot Lemon) and only 12 out of 21 entrants finished. For those who did not finish, I sincerely hope repairs are quick and cheap.

For the crews of the cats that raced, deep respect...not what you were expecting. The forcast uptil saturday being 3mph offshore winds!!!!

Jan & Drew drove a great race, once they worked out where the 1st turn bouy was, especially as they had taken all the (P1 regs) weight out of the boat. In the conditions, Hot Lemon as usual ran like a true record making boat, with its vastly experienced crew. Marex performed above expectations, even without Miles Jennings on the throttles (due to, as usual being late and missing the drivers briefing), but Graham Firmin did a fantastic job in MJ's absence, driving to the conditions.

to finish.........21 entrants for a basic race.......fantastic.....come on ALL lets see if we can beat that number of entrants at another basic race this season.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #149
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
The conditions were tough (unless you were in Hot Lemon) and only 12 out of 21 entrants finished. For those who did not finish, I sincerely hope repairs are quick and cheap.
Nothing more than a new set of props and an effing big hole in the bottom of the boat. Figure we hit something big and heavy.

verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote