Boatmad.com

Old 16-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #21

Done a lot of work on it, but still an awful lot to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
Hows the red boat comming along?

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #22
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Quote:
I was talking about a rule change that was disscused between CREWS at the worlds in Italy this year. We ALL decieded that a minimum crew wieght in 3c should brought into being, the same as 3b. There was a paper circulated and signed by crews and passed to the UIM commisoner, Harry, from finland. that we wanted a minimum crew wieght in the class.
Sorry,

But why are you fighting Gary?

He was asked by ORDA to ensure that the compulsory canopies for IIIC was not made law. He managed to do this and stop the Italians from doing this for three years.

You asked Some bloke from Finland to get a minimum crew weight, you did not ask Gary to do so. Then when you do not get the minimum crew weight, you blast Gary. You should be blasting the guy from Finland and yourself really, for not telling your own national assocoation what you wanted after you decided something in ITALY.

Whilst I do enjoy watching Gary get stick, this past week has been stupid. Give him stick for how he looks, or the way he walks. There are plenty of other things you can talke the piss out of him with. Ask him to walk in a straight line and chew gum....

You cant shit on him for not doing something you did not ask him to do, but asked another person to do...

verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #23
CB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Chris

The minimum weight still remains the same,nothing new to that.The proposoal didn`t get very much support,at least Uk and Sweden didn`t support it...
Marc, the UK and Sweden didn't support it. Did they ask anyone? No.

Now we get to the Gary Manchester bit.

GM proudly tells us that he was voted on to comminoff by all members,100% vote for him. Great. Question. Who else from the UK was nominated? Answer. Nobody. So who else were they going to vote for?

Question. Who put GM up for the post? Answer. The ORC, and loudly suported by the RYA powerboat racing manager. In fact the same person who supported him for chairman of the ORC.
CB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #24
CB1

Perhaps GM can tell us how he ended up with the post?
Old 16-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #25

Interests: boats
Boat make: new boat on way
Cruising area: uk

Chris

In the absence of Gary my views for you.

Yes he is my partner and so maybe some would be correct in thinking that maybe i would support him, however those who know me are aware that i am also the first to disagree with him if i think he is wrong so now you know before the replys state all of the above.

It is of no importance if you like giving him stick or not, what is without question that he puts hours and hours of his time into the sport and no he is not paid he does it to try to assist in the best way he can the sport as a whole. so on to the rumours etc.

Yes he was asked to go to the UIM to represent the UK at that time there was no one else who could spare the time.I did not go with him so that is fact. He did what he was asked to do by ORDA with reference to canopies, by your own admission he was not asked to discuss the crew weights. However there is a fine line between constructive comments and being flipping rude with continual battering from people who havent even picked up a telephone and spoken to him.
Powerboat racing is a sport who have many people who do their very best for the crews involved not just One class but the sport as a whole. What they do not expect is to be battered, and at times have threats of physical violence from people who have no understanding of how hard they work.

So weather you love him or hate him just be aware he is doing his best for all of you, personally at times i haven't a clue why he bothers except that i bother too. There is always the option of getting involved yourself, but please be aware that if you do it is for all of the classes not just the few.

If you have a direct question don't beat about the bush as assumption is the mother of all muck ups and rumor causes more harm to the sport than anything else especally on a public forum.

Your thoughts guys

Denise
flightracingteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 10:24 PM   #26
CB1

Direct questions? How many was he asked regarding the Hotboat series, and how many direct, truthfull, answers did we get regarding entries, venues and series/event sponsorship?
Old 16-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #27
CB1

As I said in a previous post I have no axe to grind regarding conopies, its manditory use would spell the death of 3c and i fully support ORDA on this matter.
Old 16-11-2007, 11:22 PM   #28

Boat name: Classified 2
Boat make: Jeanneau 42i
Engines: 50hp janmar
Cruising area: South Coast

[QUOTE=flightracingteam;120320]OK Chris

1 - this thread is to do with Canopies. No mention was made of weight. It was just to let you all know that Canopies had not been made compulsory for Class 3C.

Post No 2 of this thread did indeed mention minimum weights.

Advantage CB1.
Old 17-11-2007, 12:30 AM   #29

To answer the question about Hotboats again lets dig over old ground.

Yes we foolishly tried to put on a new class of racing, we put a lot of time and money into the Hotboat series we lost, we learnt, we got our fingers burnt and we learnt a very costly lesson. Hey Hum thats life we tried and at least we did try!

Now onto the next question what do we get out of the time and effort other than a kick in the teeth, well it is simple funny enough there are some people out there who are really worth the effort and to see these people go out and have fun and enjoy their racing is worth all the negitive comments.

So what do you guys want? If you are not told anything your unhappy and if you are told what is going on your not happy either. Thats called a no win situation.So while you are sitting there working out what you really want remember some of us have a real job wading through what has happend in the past while trying to secure what happens in the future to grow the sport.

To answer Dougs comment about advantage CB1 is there really any advantage in having a pop at someone who is doing their best to try to assit everyone. Personally i don't think so

The old saying goes " You can please some of the people some of the time, most of the people most of the time, but you are never going to please all of the people all of the time" Thats because everyone has a different view, thats a fact.
Old 17-11-2007, 12:44 AM   #30

Oh i forgot to say who put on the above post, yes it is me Denise

Oh and another thing just for information the Hotboats series is very alive and kicking in Malta where there are over 20 boats involved in next seasons racing, TV coverage the whole shooting match. No it didn't work in the UK because the boats stayed on their trailers and that was a real shame.

We will continue to work for the sport of powerboat racing in the UK because we both care about it with a passion.

Regards

Denise
Old 17-11-2007, 10:37 AM   #31
CB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightracingteam View Post
Oh i forgot to say who put on the above post, yes it is me Denise

Oh and another thing just for information the Hotboats series is very alive and kicking in Malta where there are over 20 boats involved in next seasons racing, TV coverage the whole shooting match. No it didn't work in the UK because the boats stayed on their trailers and that was a real shame.

We will continue to work for the sport of powerboat racing in the UK because we both care about it with a passion.

Regards

Denise
So now you are telling us that the Chair of the ORC and UK UIM Delegate presides over a club that has most of its members residing outside of the UK?

How many current UK based, racing/licence holding/ members does the Hotboat Association have then? Thats not to include the Maltise that joined the Assoc to race in September.
That is a direct question by the way.
Old 17-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #32

This is a direct answer!!!

Point 1: No i am not saying that at all. They have their very own Club, however they did run to the Hotboats rules because they are the only rules that suited their type of boats. Their crews pay the RYA for the licences and pay the RYA insurance fee, this then helps to keep your licence fee's down. In fact it has helped to reduce the cost of licences by approx £ 10.00 for all national licences next year.So everyone of you will benifit.

Point 2. For the life of me i can not see what this has to do with the thread of canopys on boats, however our membership has Uk folks so that answers that 1 for you.

Now a couple of direct questions for you, Does what Hotboats Racing Association do affect you in any way shape or form?
I do not see how it affects you or the class you race in, so why the interest?

Is this a genuine interest or do you really give a dam and just have an axe to grind.

We can debate the reasons for these questions until we are blue in the face, but the end result is that we will never agree on anything if i say Black you say White just for the hell of it.

Regards

Denise
Old 17-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #33
CB1

So point 1. To hold as uk national / day licence you have to be a member of a Uk RYA affiliated club. Are all the maltise crews members, of the hot boat assoc? If not what club do they belong to?
Old 17-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #34
CB1

Point 2. How many members who race in the UK does the Hotboat Assoc have on its books?
Old 17-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #35
CB1

I do not have an axe to grind. I am genuinely interested in the make up of the club which now holds so much power in UK offshore powerboating. I have asked these questions, and in GM's statements of being open and above board and asking direct questions I would like a direct answer on this open forum.
Old 17-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #36
CB1

Quote:
So now you are telling us that the Chair of the ORC and UK UIM Delegate presides over a club that has most of its members residing outside of the UK?

How many current UK based, racing/licence holding/ members does the Hotboat Association have then? Thats not to include the Maltise that joined the Assoc to race in September.
That is a direct question by the way.
You have still not answerd any of my questions with a direct answer ie how many members has the assoc, why does this take so very long to colate?
Old 17-11-2007, 10:37 PM   #37
CB1

As for the saving on licence fees, thats £10.00 out of £460.00, not even 10% Good one.
Old 17-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #38
CB1

Ok Denise just for you I will open a new thread:- Hotboat Association and the power it holds in uk racing. I would expect your answers to appear on this thread.
Old 17-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #39

Chris

You just really do not grasp this at all do you, so we play it your way shall we.

Great at asking questions and not remembering the answers, not so good at answering them are we so no need for a new thread.

Question 1 what are you trying to acheive?

Question 2 what will make you happy i would guess nothing.

Question 3 Why not take all the passion you have for the sport and be productive?

As stated before on this forum the effort that the people put in for the sport is not to benifit only One class it is to try to benifit all class's. whoever sit on the committees are not there to work for One class, but for everyone.

I would guess that we are going to keep going round in circles, and get nowhere, just before the whole situation gets nasty again. To be honest i do not have the time to worry about what you may think about me and it won't cost me any sleep as i know that i do everything i can to try to assist. This is a great sport with some really nice people out there and i would rather think on the positive than the negitive
Old 18-11-2007, 12:21 AM   #40
JBP

Well at least the situation on 3c canopies was cleared up quick, shame the post went beyond the calls of nature for me after that.

Issues, issues, issues always jumped on and exploited, as said earlier if some of the efforts in writing posts and picking on things was put back into the sport just think what could be achieved??? It really isn't beyond all those who race to sort these things out before ripping them to pieces in pubic where dirty washing never gets cleaned up.

I think we need another sub-heading called 'ranting' somewhere between the muster area and ski racing perhaps to put all the thread elements which have nothing to do with the original start topic............Now I'm sure that'll be ripped to pieces too!!!

JBP is offline   Reply With Quote