Boatmad.com

Go Back   Boatmad.com > The Muster Area > General Racing Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 13-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #41

The Edge 80 in Looe Race

I was released from hospital at 3pm today and am now home, Simon is ok but is aching all over and has hurt his nose, I dislocated my shoulder and my face is cut and brused along with my pride.
I take this oppertunity to thank all of the race organisors and racers for the invitation to a very well organised event the strength of which was tested yesterday afternoon, only praise can be given to them and the following: safety boat driver along with the race organisor who jumped aboard the Edge immediately after the accident who's quick actions saved us and the boat, the paramedic on the water was brilliant, the team on the boat that got us ashore were fantastic along with John the paramedic who traveled and looked after me in the ambulance on the way to hospital. The Deresford hospital staff were very profesional and had me comfortable in a very short time.
Special thanks to Rob and James who brought my car and boat home along with Dan and Malcolm who gave both of us moral support at the hospital.
I beleive there has come a time with the race numbers in ski-racing and offshore that we re-visit racing together and share the event fees especially the costs for safety. What I witnessed first hand yesterday was safety and team work at its very best and this must never be compromised. For all concerned please give yourselves a pat on the back from an extreemely gratefull Simon and Mike.

Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #42

Interests: boating/shooting/water sports
Boat name: Apmarine Racing
Boat make: Phantom 21, Manerfelt 23, Donzi 28zx
Engines: Merc XR2, Merc xs, 2 x 350Mags
Cruising area: plymouth/looe/fowey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I was released from hospital at 3pm today and am now home, Simon is ok but is aching all over and has hurt his nose, I dislocated my shoulder and my face is cut and brused along with my pride.
I take this oppertunity to thank all of the race organisors and racers for the invitation to a very well organised event the strength of which was tested yesterday afternoon, only praise can be given to them and the following: safety boat driver along with the race organisor who jumped aboard the Edge immediately after the accident who's quick actions saved us and the boat, the paramedic on the water was brilliant, the team on the boat that got us ashore were fantastic along with John the paramedic who traveled and looked after me in the ambulance on the way to hospital. The Deresford hospital staff were very profesional and had me comfortable in a very short time.
Special thanks to Rob and James who brought my car and boat home along with Dan and Malcolm who gave both of us moral support at the hospital.
I beleive there has come a time with the race numbers in ski-racing and offshore that we re-visit racing together and share the event fees especially the costs for safety. What I witnessed first hand yesterday was safety and team work at its very best and this must never be compromised. For all concerned please give yourselves a pat on the back from an extreemely gratefull Simon and Mike.
We are extremly gratefull that you came to looe and gave it ago to help premote racing in all shapes and sizes. Everyone in looe is passing on all there best and hopes you will both be have a speedy recovery. Hope the boat can be saved.
All the best

Alastair Pearn

Pearny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2008, 07:47 PM   #43
Dan
On a roll

Interests: Bristol Rovers, Cider & Boats
Boat name: Aqua Thunder, Badboy
Boat make: Bernico F2, Phantom 21
Engines: Merc 280efi, Merc 260efi
Cruising area: Worldwide

I beleive there has come a time with the race numbers in ski-racing and offshore that we re-visit racing together and share the event fees especially the costs for safety. What I witnessed first hand yesterday was safety and team work at its very best and this must never be compromised. For all concerned please give yourselves a pat on the back from an extreemely gratefull Simon and Mike.[/QUOTE]

Fair play Mike, good to speak to you and glad you are home and on the mend, due to the coverage in the press here in Plymouth and on ceefax Simon has already offered to give me a load of signed pictures to sell as he expects big demand with his new found celebrity status!! All joking aside hope you make a quick mend and see you on the water soon.
As for staging events togther without getting into all the polictics I think its a really good idea and definatly one that should be pursued further.
Old 14-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #44
gmc

Interests: power boats
Boat name: voodoo ,enforcer,assagai
Boat make: ring 21c ,frode 25 , class 2 cat assagai 46 pre
Engines: yam 200hp ,4 v8 cats, , 280 efi
Cruising area: saltash/plymouth sound

racing at looe

well mike and simon you where not the only ones who had hospital treatmet i had to go today fracture my elbow on sunday dam boats looks like saftey boat for me from now on im just to fat and old see you all on the water next year john voodoo
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #45

Interests: boating/shooting/water sports
Boat name: Apmarine Racing
Boat make: Phantom 21, Manerfelt 23, Donzi 28zx
Engines: Merc XR2, Merc xs, 2 x 350Mags
Cruising area: plymouth/looe/fowey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
well mike and simon you where not the only ones who had hospital treatmet i had to go today fracture my elbow on sunday dam boats looks like saftey boat for me from now on im just to fat and old see you all on the water next year john voodoo
Trust you Johny!!!!
Pearny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #46

Interests: Powerboat racing, travel, curries, zimmers
Boat name: "N" Class fabrication
Boat make: B23
Engines: 200XS
Cruising area: Torbay & Falmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
: im just to fat and old see you all on the water next year john voodoo
Your just a young whippersnapper compared to me and about the same size, put your arm in a sling and get back out there, you can hang on with your good arm!!!

"Old beardy" is offline   Reply With Quote