Interests: Powerboats and Rugby
Boat name: C96 Fast Air
Boat make: Ocke Mannerfelt B-23
Engines: Mercury 200XS
Cruising area: Channel Islands

cowes torquay results?

Did i hear Cinzano won again?

What was the weather like?

How long did the race winner take to complete?

Is Cinzano the favourite for Cowes to Monte Carlo? It seems to be the boat to beat?

Big V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #2

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

From Hurst castle the position's if I recall were like this ...

1st boat back Cowes-Poole-Cowes was a Donzi from the P1 series and quite impressively on its tail a P1 new style 28' flying level across the Hurst shelf (the Batman boats were in my humble opinion going and flying pretty level) then came the ex-Honda 150hp boats with a Phantom sandwiched in the middle, so the 150hp boats seemed to be doing very well against the Phantom with no doubt considerably more power

Then just before midday the Silverline Fountain could be seen and very much heard by its over revving engines pushing it along at 5mph (Game over for them) after that the New Cougar RIB came in at around 12.20pmish right over on the Needles side of the course with Peters red diesel Hunton dashing over to watch it come through, like a few others I thought it had won until around 12.45pm the magnificent sight and sound of Cinzano could be seen in a duel with powerboat Asia with a helicopter hopefully recording the event, some 25mins later the big refurbished diesel Buzzi RIB of Rob Gray came through Hurst with 20mins behind them Swipes which looked to be going much faster than their humble HP should allow and putting them 4th (sorry guys due to your lack of HP I thought you would be a back marker but how wrong I was ) as another 20 mins passed Scott younger's designed RIB PRG print with a higher top speed than swipes came through and Vahid was running them down in the 38' US built Phantom sounding great with more Ilmore engines, Peter in his big Hunton by now was itching to get back to Cowes and you could see him thrashing off down the bay, did think about leaving but the mobile screen showed 3 more boats coming ( the Yellowbrick is a big thumbs up) so again some 35 mins later through Hurst came Fugitive with the smaller 33' Buzzi RIB Biretta and finally the Sunseeker XS2000 following that up although both these boats were visibly going faster than the Shakspear Fugitive so no doubt would catch him by Cowes

Well that's it really enjoyed getting out and seeing the Boats ... so a big thumbs up to the organisers and competitors for putting on the event :

Old 29-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #3

Interests: sport
Boat name: Santana

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
as another 20 mins passed Adam Younger's designed RIB PRG print with a higher top speed than swipes came through and Vahid was running them down in the 38' US built Phantom sounding great with more Ilmore enginesthumbs up to the organisers and competitors for putting on the event :

just to sort out family names....
Old 29-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
numbskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big V View Post
Did i hear Cinzano won again?

What was the weather like?

How long did the race winner take to complete?
http://cowes2011.co.uk/ctc.xls

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Old 29-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Errm Sorry Adam, think I posted the wrong name as during writing my Hurst synopsis I was wondering why Scott's Sunseeker XS was so much faster and more competitive actually leading the CTC a few years back than the Blue one that is being presently campaigned ... and I should know better as I was looking at your new 3B boat thinking what a great marathon boat it would be up-scaled to 39' with Ilmores
Old 29-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
Your a Bad man JF ... just cause I said you were a backmarker ... actually I couldn't help thinking that if their was a cup for the most improved team result in the CTC over previous years you guys deserved it this year with a 4th place not that far behind larger craft with hugely more HP ... you were the Scorpion RIB's this year punching way above your weight

Scorpion RIB comparison he he
Old 29-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
numbskull

Having done the last 4 CTC's in Swipes, winning class in 3, and arriving ten mins outside the allowed time (on one engine) in the 4th isn't too bad going. Don't see we're that 'improved' really, just consistent.

Did you notice the only RIB in front of us this time was 40' long & 1500hp

Old 29-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #9

Interests: My Boat of course
Boat make: Extreme 21
Engines: Merc V8
Cruising area: Solent

So does anyone know what happened to the cougar rib?? Seemed to be running ok when it came back in.
Old 29-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #10
numbskull

Electrical problems

Old 29-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #11
Trade Member

Interests: Anything powered on wheels, water or air
Boat name: OVERLORD
Boat make: RING 34' SPORTSBOAT 2 X V8 PETROL
Engines: 2 x 320 MERCRUISER B1
Cruising area: South coast

[QUOTE=cfun;207873]From Hurst castle the position's if I recall were like this ...

"then came the ex-Honda 150hp boats with a Phantom sandwiched in the middle, so the 150hp boats seemed to be doing very well against the Phantom with no doubt considerably more power "

I am very surprised that Ginger has not deleted such blasphemous talk !

Mike

Neglect not thy opportunities
Mike Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
numbskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ring View Post
I am very surprised that Ginger has not deleted such blasphemous talk !

Mike
It's a shame that drivers can't all have the same ability eh.

Old 30-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Errm Sorry Adam, think I posted the wrong name as during writing my Hurst synopsis I was wondering why Scott's Sunseeker XS was so much faster and more competitive actually leading the CTC a few years back than the Blue one that is being presently campaigned ... and I should know better as I was looking at your new 3B boat thinking what a great marathon boat it would be up-scaled to 39' with Ilmores
No problem - for me was really great seeing Phil and Neil get the class win and really well deserved and driven.

Will be off to Torquay tomorrow and supporting the two VS22's racing in the 3B worlds. Certainly there are some new features I have designed into them and would be fantastic to get the chance to see them incorporated into a larger design.

Having said that I have some really exciting new projects coming up that are still under wraps - but good times ahead. Also boats such as the Boss 34 still to be launched and a couple of other designs in build - all of which I'm really looking forward to seeing on the race circuit and I'm very hopeful of strong showings.

On the Sunseeker side- the blue one racing is Scott's old boat....... I'm sure Scott will be out to show how well they can go now that he has just got his newer version and will be racing next year.
Old 30-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #14

If my numbers come up at the weekend Adam be prepared for a class 1 build!
littlenige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #15

fingers crossed then....

good to see you at Cowes - hope you had a good visit.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #16

Quote:
On the Sunseeker side- the blue one racing is Scott's old boat....... I'm sure Scott will be out to show how well they can go now that he has just got his newer version and will be racing next year.
I thought the Sunseeker Scott raced was white and red in the colours of the one that raced in the P1 series, I also thought may be wrongly it was the same boat that came 2nd at Cowes in the P1 organised event back around 08 when Jackie and Mike won their class in the Dragon boat, their is also a Sunseeker in the red and white P1 colours at Sunseeker sales in Poole

I notice in all the photos Dean's Fountain, however I did not see it at the finish, I assume it retired, perhaps it was the boat showing on the yellowbrick going back down the M27 as the other boats returned from Torquay
Old 01-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #17

Cruising area: southcoast

cowes

Quote:
I thought the Sunseeker Scott raced was white and red in the colours of the one that raced in the P1 series, I also thought may be wrongly it was the same boat that came 2nd at Cowes in the P1 organised event back around 08 when Jackie and Mike won their class in the Dragon boat, their is also a Sunseeker in the red and white P1 colours at Sunseeker sales in Poole

I notice in all the photos Dean's Fountain, however I did not see it at the finish, I assume it retired, perhaps it was the boat showing on the yellowbrick going back down the M27 as the other boats returned from Torquay
hi,the xs i ran on 09 was a standard xs /yanmars and now belongs to bob.blue absolute.next years xs is the p1 xs wth fpt,s whch is the one your thinkng of that was at poole
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
hi,the xs i ran on 09 was a standard xs /yanmars and now belongs to bob.blue absolute.next years xs is the p1 xs wth fpt,s whch is the one your thinkng of that was at poole
Good to hear you will be back racing next year, the FPT engines I assume may give an extra 15mph so one fassst XS ... Remember being out in the bay watching the Poole race some years back when the XS broke I believe a trim tab and then the sea king helicopter came over to help, but before that it was really moving in that race, so look forward to seeing it next year and if you push it as hard as the 1st one it will should really fly
Old 02-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #19

Cruising area: southcoast

cowes

Quote:
Good to hear you will be back racing next year, the FPT engines I assume may give an extra 15mph so one fassst XS ... Remember being out in the bay watching the Poole race some years back when the XS broke I believe a trim tab and then the sea king helicopter came over to help, but before that it was really moving in that race, so look forward to seeing it next year and if you push it as hard as the 1st one it will should really fly
thanks, realy looking forward to racing t next year.only running the 450 fpts and going to leave them standard so hopefully reliable.the main diference is the boat is built for the job so should be able to push harder and a tad faster,if your at the lymington race tomorrow come and say hello.cheers scott
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #20

Thanks Scott, Would have loved to have met you for a natter on all things boaty, unfortunately I wont be going to Lymington as I have a retail shop and Saturday thankfully can often be manic, so abandoning ship so to speak and going out to play is often not an option ( although if I ever decided to race marathon I would have to rethink some Saturdays ) and good luck to all that are racing/spectating have a great day

Cheers, Nigel