Boatmad.com

Go Back   Boatmad.com > The Muster Area > General Racing Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze View Post
You are to the now ex honda racers the new, Marc Lamont of V24

If because you have not been around for that long, ask what he did to the V24 crews and there series,
Thats what your doing now.
Cutnpaste

Quote:

Mr Daze:

Yes, I would like to ask what I did to the V24 Crews and THEIR series?

As far as I can remember I joined V24 in the year that the series sponsor withdrew his support for the series and refused to pay out any money. This was in 2005. I was new to the sport, did not know anyone and was not involved in anything apart from learning about boats. Are you suggesting I was to blame for the sponsor doing a runner?

In 2006 I was involved in a series consisting of three boats, and there were no incidents involving the V24 boats or crews. So no issues there.

In 2007 I started to win races. Then suddenly there was a very big issue with everything I did and at every event I was protested by Cliff Smith. I was even protested when I finished LAST at Pwhelli. Dave - from this forum - had to confirm I had not missed a mark by checking my GPS trail - even though I had finished last. So being a victim of Cliff Smith makes me responcible for the failure of V24? There were only three boats, one of which was my boat.

In 2008 I was banned from the opening race in Guernsey. This effectivly ended the season and I only raced two events that year. At the end of 2008 the only original boat that entered the National series was Cliff Smith, Josh having decided not to race agaist Cliff Smith in the remaining races. At Cowes I protested Cliff Smiths engine. Unfortunately this was at a basic race, and the RYA decided NOT to strip his engine. I stated I would protest him at the next National event. He has since not entered his boat into a National event, choosing to run in basic races only. I will happily accept responcibility for Cliff Smith not entering his boat into a National Series race in 2009.

I did not like you when I met you in real life. I think you are an idiot. Your comments here show that I am correct.

The primary reason HONDA has fallen apart is the same primary reason why V24 fell apart. The person with the money to support the series went away, and took their money with them. Some teams did not enter on their own money, some could not afford to with out the money. Some teams cheated to gain advantage and this was not policed correctly, and resentment built up and people did not enter events anymore.

There is a way to recover this - for BOTH honda and V24 - An inspection of each boat to ensure it is standard, then the sealing of the engines to prevent alteration then finally a strong hand from the RYA to ensure the rules are complied with.

I am unhappy racing a boat which complies with the rules against a boat which has been overbored and gasflowed. Much like Honda competitors are unhappy with the fiddling that went on in their series ( just read boatmad for the evidence )

I am happy to enter any event where any boat is stripped if protested. The costs to the owner if upheld, the cost to the protestor if not upheld. It costs around £2500 to have the engine stripped for inspection by the RYA. I have had my engine stripped twice, and both times the engine has passed.

RichA (Lamont) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #42

Interests: boating/shooting/water sports
Boat name: Apmarine Racing
Boat make: Phantom 21, Manerfelt 23, Donzi 28zx
Engines: Merc XR2, Merc xs, 2 x 350Mags
Cruising area: plymouth/looe/fowey

I hate to say it but the only way power boat racing is going got take off again in the uk is if every class gets together and races at the same time at the same event!!!! every time the power boat racing championship goes to each venue it would be bigger and better for each event and would be publicised better!!!! if every class keeps going there own way or more classes get invented power boat racing in the uk will be nonexistent!!!!

which way do you want it

This is what is happening there will be 25 different classes with 3 boats in each class racing which as we can all agree is pointless!!! also rather than having differently classes going to the same venue within the same month! how boring is it for spectators, sponsors and teams!!!

This is what could happen if all classes talked including the old Honda guys!!!!
3 main classes of which has A B C like all classes racing at the same time or over the same weekend at a venue but with time slots this would make each event more successful by class's got together it would make it more exciting for team's, spectators each event would be worth sponsoring by a sponsor with better media coverage. we would get better media coverage as it would be more exclusive for each event!!!!

Come on guys it not exactly rocket sience is it!!!!

Ii Know OCR, V24 and Class 3 B and C are doing it and its working well!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #43

Boat name: The Rock - 66
Boat make: Doug Wright 32
Engines: Merc EFI 280s
Cruising area: Middle East

Hi Pearny,

1000%!!!! and I am hoping that Four nations will do just that. I suspect if you compare the dates I posted that will reflect it. I really hope we race with you guys as i enjoyed it a lot in plymouth last year -and to all Honda owners these guys bring back that family spirit. Come and race with a big fleet and not a small fleet...unless you really believe the press and think Fazza will be in Penzance

In response to Mr G's comment above. I haven't contacted Roopi (I don't have her number) but have contacted Andy Hindley (as I suspect you know Mr G ) and copied Robert Wickes. I have asked them to remove it but the response clearly shows they are avoiding the rights issue. Does F4SA own the rights or P1..they both seem to think they have them. (Well within days - hence asking them for the date of transfer; well at least there is a record of request here.

Funny thing is I'm pretty sure the contracts that some teams signed for 2008 terminated on 31st dec 2007...whoops F4SA!!?? Watertight? Well that's my interpretation of the one I found in e-mail today. So P1? Get your legals checked as you may have acquired very few rights to the media old beans.

Why do i bother? Because I believe in identifying the truth. AND:

They have effectively banned my boat, asked me to cough up an additional 15K and are now using our boats to promote Superstock whilst using dirty tricks to stop Honda boats promoting 'still Honda' boats.

That seem fair and sporting to you? Not to us (by that I mean our team).

I strongly disagree about the sponsor walking away though as I was at the briefing and there was plenty of money and time (2 YEARS). You cannot compare this with the Brawn timescale. Honda were extremely fair and gave plenty of notice. Truth is it was simply mis-managed by F4SA Ltd and cash absorbed by other struggling associated Companies.
Scream-it.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #44

Who Are you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Was that before or after he bought his X-Cat?
Mr G,
You seem to have a lot to say and additionally appear well knowledged in the P1 - 4N debat, therefore I persum you are either an ex F4SA employee, or a current p1 employee or maybe an ex honda racer.

If your commitment is so strong, I presume you would not have an issue in letting us know who you are and what your involvment is with regard to the issue, or are you just some tosser whom is hiding behind a name just to stir the shit and is to embarrised to expose their identity.
team williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #45

Interests: Squash Kendo circuit train rock climber
Boat name: The Dragon
Boat make: 21 Searay
Engines: Merc 4.3
Cruising area: Exmouth

Talking Easy!

[QUOTE=team williams;177904]Mr G,
You seem to have a lot to say and additionally appear well knowledged in the P1 - 4N debat, therefore I persum you are either an ex F4SA employee, or a current p1 employee or maybe an ex honda racer.

At a guess....someone who knows the term 'departure' , rhumb line, and the difference between Marc st hilaire and Long by Chron .

MrG knows-I know...tut !

gren
Grenville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #46

Interests: raceing
Boat name: cider daze
Boat make: cougar 28
Engines: 200 xs
Cruising area: Devon

They have sussed you Brian,
cider daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #47
MrG

Interests: Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by team williams View Post
Mr G,
You seem to have a lot to say and additionally appear well knowledged in the P1 - 4N debat, therefore I persum you are either an ex F4SA employee, Nope
or a current p1 employee Nope
or maybe an ex honda racer. Nope

If your commitment is so strong, I presume you would not have an issue in letting us know who you are and what your involvment is with regard to the issue, or are you just some tosser whom is hiding behind a name just to stir the shit and is to embarrised to expose their identity.
That's 3 strikes, and out
MrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #48
MrG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cider daze View Post
Nope.

And not Alan either

2 guesses left
Old 12-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #49
MrG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenville View Post
At a guess....someone who knows the term 'departure' , rhumb line, and the difference between Marc st hilaire and Long by Chron .

MrG knows-I know...tut !

gren
No idea what you're talking about, is it even in English
Old 12-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #50

P1 Get my Video off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cider daze View Post
I'm hoping we can seize the opportunity to race with othere and as Pearny says and quickly create the largest offshore racing in the World! Uh hum...next to XCAT of course!

P1? Just get my video off! The thought of my boat supporting your Brand is disgusting.
Old 13-03-2010, 12:54 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream-it.com View Post
I'm hoping we can seize the opportunity to race with othere and as Pearny says and quickly create the largest offshore racing in the World! Uh hum...next to XCAT of course!

P1? Just get my video off! The thought of my boat supporting your Brand is disgusting.
reading above i wouldn't worry to much about it. P1 should show footages of 225 ex honda boats with the new M300 on (as that is the deal they are buying from ex f4sa and that's what Superstock series is all about). they shouldn't show 225honda engine footages as that is misleading. it is very strange that such a powerful company as P1, has not legally committed to buy the ex-f4sa. shows their doubt in the Superstock series after all. very confusing for all. hope you find a solution.
future 20'10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 01:20 AM   #52

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Nope.

And not Alan either

2 guesses left

left is
Abbie James?
Steve Curtis ?
future 20'10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #53

38 Days...
Old 14-03-2010, 03:45 AM   #54
v24 rocks

Boat name: bat out of hell, tooti fruty
Cruising area: LA

fasa

RICA A SUCK MY KNOB CLIFF SMITH
bigdog v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #55
Aged Member

Boat name: Savannah
Boat make: Princess 415
Engines: Volvos
Cruising area: SOLENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog v2 View Post
RICA A SUCK MY KNOB CLIFF SMITH
Blimey that was a thread stopper.
Old 16-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #56
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Not many 'takers' eh lol

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #57

Fourt Nations Confirms Honda Race Dates And Venues

http://www.4nationseuropeanoffshore.com/

Torquay
Plymouth
Littlehampton
Poole
Dublin

Seems that Four nations ARE working with others! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

For me we will be renaming SCREAM-IT.COM to DebRA.org.uk

Scream, for me, was always about "screaming with joy" but also about "screaming in agony".

As my Daughter Lucy was the chief inspiration for the name, we now wish to use the boat wholly to raise awareness of this terrible disease and as much money as poss!

Well done to the Four Nations management for making it happen.

My licence form has Honda ticked does yours?