Old 07-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #41

Interests: ocr,sleeping
Boat name: The Rock
Boat make: Phantom 19XL
Engines: Yamaha 130B

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream-it.com View Post
That your throttle training programme? and is it daily?

cooolaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #42

Boat name: The Rock - 66
Boat make: Doug Wright 32
Engines: Merc EFI 280s
Cruising area: Middle East

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolaii View Post
As you don't own the boat anymore I think you should replace the pic with your Dubai/Bahrain airport disguise

Scream-it.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #43

Interests: Powerboat Racing
Boat name: Team Purple, Team Shark
Boat make: Sperstock 150, 300 race boats, Class 3s cat
Engines: Honda 150, 2.5 efi ROS*2
Cruising area: Solent

Lightbulb Bit Baffled

I'm a bit confused now -
but firstly a couple of things...

As a competitor this year the series is well run, the venues have been good, and i'm enjoying myself..... no helicoptors, TV, or big saturday night party - (Mind the crew organised parties have been large, well participated good social gatherings!) but hey we are in an economic downturn!

My worry about this thread is twofold, Tony has put a lot of work into the 4 nations, and I for one support him, on the basis he is keeping f4sa updated on progress - which I know he is. This thread suggests it is a competitive organisation, which you all know will split the fleet as different teams have different allegiances.

People will then sit on the fence to see what happens and another year goes by, experienced organisation staff move on ....neither party wins and guess what - the price of your boat goes down again..... as to quote the financial services authority - "part performance is no indication of future performance" race boats have to be raced, or they become tired museum pieces..

This is all about the sport pulling together.....

I'm hopefull that the guys who did not race in the series this year will support the BPRC and race the Cowes Basic (which would not be part of the Honda series race) alongside the their old racing buddies - I believe a lot of people did not race this year due to pure economics - so here is an opportunity for the sport to pull together, finance, personalities and organisational issues aside - and it will be a good indicator of who wants to just race for the love of racing, and who wants to talk about it - And I particuarly am looking forward to seeing everyone again in the beer tent at about 1100 on the sat morning
The Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #44
team willims

Interests: racing skiing
Boat name: team williams
Boat make: honda
Engines: 150
Cruising area: north wales

stop going on and just enjoy racing scream-it
team williams 150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by team williams 150 View Post
stop going on and just enjoy racing scream-it
So you guys up for supporting Four Nations Offshore then?
Tony needs committment NOW! in order to get things moving NOW!

You can place your committment here and now and stop sitting on the fence expecting others work on your behalf to organise your 2010 racing fun!

Some people do this for fun others have sponsors to please so have a consideration for them as they need to work on sponsorship for next year teams and series alike.

This is a debate about just that: bringing teams together to rebuild the series from next year onwards.

You are nearly at the end of 2009 so act now and send in your cheque!

I have staked my claim for my boat slot for 2010 have you?
Old 09-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #46

Interests: Yodelling
Boat name: Veni Vidi Vici or Conked
Boat make: G.P.14
Engines: 4h.p. Mercury
Cruising area: Cap de Agde

HIM posted its not easy to get sponsors on board,who have you got at the mo?F1 lost all the tobacco sponsors,they have got the cash to blow,big budget cash,nobody got in there yet?Get outa the box,start lookin,get your promo vids put together,give the lads who put Michael Owens career back on track a call,RED BULL GIVES YOU WINGS,IT COULD ALSO WALK ON WATER,nobody got into them yet?Currently sponsoring single engined mono planes,imagine that package as a dual event?You could auction it to all the town councils/tourist boards and make a killin,no need to cough up for the RED ARROWS,got your own.ROTHMANS used to sponsor powerboats in a big way,revive their interest,make the call,nobody got the balls to give SIR RICHARD a call?The Virgin brand could do with a gee up,been quiet for a while,you never know if you dont ask.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #47

Champ Parsonage makes Chris Parsonage Grandad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdy View Post
HIM posted its not easy to get sponsors on board,who have you got at the mo?F1 lost all the tobacco sponsors,they have got the cash to blow,big budget cash,nobody got in there yet?Get outa the box,start lookin,get your promo vids put together,give the lads who put Michael Owens career back on track a call,RED BULL GIVES YOU WINGS,IT COULD ALSO WALK ON WATER,nobody got into them yet?Currently sponsoring single engined mono planes,imagine that package as a dual event?You could auction it to all the town councils/tourist boards and make a killin,no need to cough up for the RED ARROWS,got your own.ROTHMANS used to sponsor powerboats in a big way,revive their interest,make the call,nobody got the balls to give SIR RICHARD a call?The Virgin brand could do with a gee up,been quiet for a while,you never know if you dont ask.
Out of the box flair has not been there!

Better news though!!!!!!!!

GAVIN AND MANDY HAVE A BABY GIRL CALLED MIA - 8LBS 6OZ

Mandy gave birth yesterday evening. Our conrgratulations and best wishes go out to them both.

AND....THAT MAKES CHRIS GRANDAD PARSONAGE!!!

Old 09-08-2009, 10:19 AM   #48

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdy View Post
Tobacco Advertising and Promotion Act 2002

The ban was implemented in stages as follows:

14 February 2003 – From that date it became illegal to advertise tobacco products on billboards, in newspapers and magazines. Direct mail was banned in May 2003.

31 July 2003 – Tobacco sponsorship of domestic sporting events was banned.

21 December 2004 - Regulations governing advertising at the point of sale came into effect. These limit advertising to one A5 sized ad per outlet.

31 July 2005 – The ban on tobacco sponsorship of international events such as Formula One motor racing entered into force. In addition, regulations on brand-sharing came into effect.

The two other brand names have been approached on many occasions, not least for The RB08, where the owners were contacted by personal friends involved in/with the race.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #49
HIM

Interests: Boats and Cars...Nothing Else!!
Cruising area: South Coast

Thumbs up

SPONSORSHIP.....most of the names mentioned have been approached with little success. Red Bull are about to sponsor a boat...more of that later. But not interested in series sponsorship. tobacco and booze companies have been approached but not in the last year.

The current organisation is of course in a quandry....they (volunteers and organisers) do not appear to be part of any discussions regarding future of series. therefore difficult to be open about thier plans.

I repeat....WE NEED TO PULL TOGETHER....or it will descend into two camps....no good for anyone or the series. I am a big fan of the series needless to say!!!

Good luck to all who have the same objective!
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #50

Big fan myself,anything to do with powerboats/racing,got an oar spare if you want me to jump in your ship and help to row,row,row your boat gently cross the stream,one thing i have noticed on this site is all the negativity,you all need a bomb up your arse.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #51

Interests: Racing Boats? Building Superyachts.
Boat name: Atlantic Challenger
Boat make: 1 x Honda 27ft race - 1x 17m Challenge prototype
Engines: 225 - tickled. Force Rotax 500 hp x 4
Cruising area: All of UK

Four Nations

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIM View Post
SPONSORSHIP.....most of the names mentioned have been approached with little success. Red Bull are about to sponsor a boat...more of that later. But not interested in series sponsorship. tobacco and booze companies have been approached but not in the last year.

The current organisation is of course in a quandry....they (volunteers and organisers) do not appear to be part of any discussions regarding future of series. therefore difficult to be open about thier plans.

I repeat....WE NEED TO PULL TOGETHER....or it will descend into two camps....no good for anyone or the series. I am a big fan of the series needless to say!!!

The objective for 2010 is to race the boats we already have in a diverse and competitive environment and at the least cost to the competitors.

For the speculators, Four Nations European and its Strategy for future racing demonstrates an 'open book' approach with Teams, Volunteers future racers and F4Sa. There is no substitute for the experience that exists in this offshore arena and it is key to the successful future.

For many years the Honda Series has been openly invited to join other organisations in the race calender. These invitations are an important part of the future proposals and introductions have already taken place.

Sponsorship is never easy to secure but we believe our marketing team is ideally placed to engage with adventurous and speculative organisations and have a more than average chance of securing our effort.
This route, as previously posted attracts a cost eventually - it is common knowledge from our meetings with teams and F4Sa that until a sponsor is secured, then there is no cost to the teams - most PR and Marketing houses would choke at this!

Many other activities are in progress with the plan of making racing next year possible.
I agree that we should be pulling together but imo at the moment the sideline skeptics are trying to bring this effort down before it has a chance.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #52
team willims

Interests: racing skiing
Boat name: team williams
Boat make: honda
Engines: 150
Cruising area: north wales

dowdy when did you race last and were did you come
team williams 150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #53

Interests: sailing ribing
Boat name: llyn raider
Boat make: 7m xs rib
Engines: 200 merc opti
Cruising area: n wales

i can confirm merc saddles also break. it didnt take that much to break mine and thats nt a 250xs just a 200. do they have different saddles? tho i did keep my engine so theirs always a plus. but the honda boys will pull through fine as they cant cut and run otherwise they would loose alot of money and racing is alot of fun still its just not on such a lavish grand scale.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by team williams 150 View Post
dowdy when did you race last and were did you come
Yesterday Dale,came 2nd out of two.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #55

Quote:

That is exactly the point isn't it? The series Director agreed/directed the teams to set up the running of the series for 2010. So guess what? they have started that process through meetings and actions and need people to commit and quite a few have I understand. Or now has the series director changed his mind? If it is splitting it's becuase he cannot make up his mind about what he wants to do with HIS series as he currently owns it 100% does he not?

Or has he wasted people's time? Four nations has been set up by teams for teams and to me it seems like F4SA don't want to play anymore as I haven't seen a single pice of corresppondence to support Four Nations and their efforts from F4SA. I do not represent Four Nations as I have no interest except a committment to pay for my slot. I just believe that the way forward is for the series, however it pans out, is better out of the control and ownership of 1 man who is too busy to turn up to his own AGM or I understand any races this season to date. And at worst delegates the running and communication to a person who has the interpersonal skills of a buffoon. And I didn't mean Abbie!

That is why Four Nations gets my vote as F4SA Ltd gets my vote of NO CONFIDENCE I'm afraid. So all that has happened and everyone should know is that Four Nations have worked for just that with F4SA's knowledge at Director level. If he hasn't communicated that properly to you or the Buffoon then that is yet another F4SA internal problem!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #56

225 honda boat wanted,must be engineless.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #57
HIM

Interests: Boats and Cars...Nothing Else!!
Cruising area: South Coast

Thumbs up

I am not sure who you mean by buffoon but think whoever it is would like to be told to their face. I am not sure that boatmad is the place to throw personal insults around. JF would not be very impressed I am sure, JF is very fair on these matters. Insults are a sure way to alienate officials both paid and unpaid. Some of the current officials put in many hours outside office hours and slagging off is not at all helpful.

The reason F4SA workers have not shown support for new regime is they do not know what it is all about and have not been privy to any plans...we only get info second hand. I guess most of the current officials will not be required under the new regime. Correct me if i am wrong.

Only two events to go so very much wait and see i guess.

Lets stop kicking people trying to do the best with the tools given.

Remember the series was without any workers at the start of 2008 after the mass jump ship and the only person who would take it on is still trying his very best. Credit is due.
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #58

Quote:
I am not sure who you mean by buffoon but think whoever it is would like to be told to their face. I am not sure that boatmad is the place to throw personal insults around. JF would not be very impressed I am sure, JF is very fair on these matters. Insults are a sure way to alienate officials both paid and unpaid. Some of the current officials put in many hours outside office hours and slagging off is not at all helpful.

The reason F4SA workers have not shown support for new regime is they do not know what it is all about and have not been privy to any plans...we only get info second hand. I guess most of the current officials will not be required under the new regime. Correct me if i am wrong.

Only two events to go so very much wait and see i guess.

Lets stop kicking people trying to do the best with the tools given.

Remember the series was without any workers at the start of 2008 after the mass jump ship and the only person who would take it on is still trying his very best. Credit is due.
Ah! I see. Then chat with your series Director as I see the proposal document was copied to him (June 3rd 2009) and I suspect he has been kept informed on developments. There was a meeting in Exmouth where even Daze told Tony to set the Company up! Then presentations were ciculated, I understand a briefing at Lowestoft and the request for committment by teams in the form of a cheque for reserving thier team slot.

I reckon the confusion only exists within F4SA

I am sure Four Nations Offshore will be happy to supply you with all documents, presentatiions and minutes? After all they have all been sent to teams. These people at Four Nations, backed by teams have put the effort in:
So yes! Let's pull together for 2010 so perhaps F4SA staff could liaise with Tony Crossley and then at least this debate wouldn't look so ridiculous would it?
Old 10-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #59

"Buffoon is a term for someone who provides amusement through inappropriate appearance and/or behavior.
Strictly, a buffoon describes a "ridiculous, but nevertheless amusing person." In broader terms, a buffoon is a clown-like, publicly amusing person, such as a court jester." Wikipedia

You see 'Him':

Like in King Lear the Fool says, pointing to the King, the following

"That's a shealed peascod!"