Old 07-04-2009, 11:26 AM   #21

Interests: Yodelling
Boat name: Veni Vidi Vici or Conked
Boat make: G.P.14
Engines: 4h.p. Mercury
Cruising area: Cap de Agde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream-it.com View Post
In my experience it wants to roll when in the wrong trim and on a corner. I saw a recent article in World of Powerboats showing Xcite being driven on a turn with the engine right in. That, if in a race would have gone over in an instant!

If you are tucked in too tight the bow steers its basically buy buy. The classic is what happened to Negotiator on my wake in Lowestoft. The boys caught my curve and dumped Nathan over the side. The force is incredible. Then in Liverpool (the following race) I crossed thier curve in front of Albert Dock on a mark and knew exactly what was going to happen but too late - you feel stupid after though.

Running straight should be better with less pendulum effect - but we'll see.

Corners - well have to treat with respect and build up to it - I know the way my props work and where to trim. The fear of going over...now that's part of the fun with these things - you have the constant fear of getting it wrong which assists the adrenalin rush!

Scott Williams is now excited because he reckons he knows exactly where that limit is and I know he will drive to it in whatever conditions cos he's from Liverpool and completely bonkers!
The Wirral,actually,the posh part,no he is not bonkers,just taught how to drive a boat by his dad,whom was taught by me.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #22
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

We're not worthy!

Did you pass your fine signature advice on to the pupils?

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
We're not worthy!
only here for the beer.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #24
OOD

Interests: Racing
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
I suspect there is a chance this year. They announced yesterday they will run with 13 150s and 7 225s.

I for one have been given a list of events and will be looking for the alternative. As Brian Wheeler stated at the meeting the choice is ours!

I'll publish the list I have been given by UKOBA for the benefit of those somewhat dissappointed by F4SA Ltd and thier financial mis-management. Incidentally, they failed to minute that they blamed their previous accountant for making such a mess of it and that teams may expect to receive invoices not knowing whether they had been previously issued, paid or not etc. But then they always like to shape minutes for the benefit of the organisation, not send them out for approval for I cannot see how David Baker and I could speak exactly the same words??

They like to air their comments, directly or indirectly on people across their contact list and will no doubt be upset when they see a response made in public forum.

F4SA Ltd, since it's inception has displayed arrogance, lack of listening to teams and is now hell bent on extracting money from race teams to fill it's black hole in a desperate attempt to avoid collapse.

Honda should bear some responsibility for managing the worst handover in history. They cannot blame the recession as it was planned and announced during a working party meeting during November 2007. If the F4SA finances were in such a mess where was the Board Governance?

The fact that the AGM had no official Honda sponsor representative or Board member (past or present?) or it's founder at a time like this is was absolute disgrace and undermines the professionalism one would expect from these organisations where such volumes of investment were at stake.

Whilst Brian states it's a return to enthusiastic racing like the good old days, I personally fail to accept that their mis-management has resulted in my boat being worth probably less than 2/3rds of its value in less than 2 years. I warned them and Honda of this last year and as many of us predicted they made a mess of it.

Perhaps when they are tucking into their beer at that event in Wales (I can't even pronounce) they will reflect upon the systematic destruction of what was once the World's Largest Powerboat Series and have a thought for the poor devils who invested heavily in the series.

It is a shame but frankly a situation that could easily have been avoided through effective management.

Wouldn't it be great to see another Brawn GP?
Be pleased to see you at the UKOBA race in September
Old 07-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #25

Boat name: The Rock - 66
Boat make: Doug Wright 32
Engines: Merc EFI 280s
Cruising area: Middle East

many thanks for the support

Thanks everyone here for the support and on the alternative thread. There are several people now starting to talk - who are not entering this year. A proposal for the establishment of a new series has been passed around by a fellow racer and I know Steve C is aware of it. Things are indeed happening in preparation for 2010 and hopefully the group, whichever shape or form it takes, will seek to be a little more inclusive for the benefit of the whole sport. We are spoilt for choice in alternatives so I for one will have to get my head around the calendar and start preparing to race.
Scream-it.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #26

Interests: raceing
Boat name: cider daze
Boat make: cougar 28
Engines: 200 xs
Cruising area: Devon

Scream it , not sure of what you are trying to achieve with this,with friends like this who needs enemies, for all others, Honda F4SA WILL BE RACING,We have a reduced fleet of about 20 boats and teams and iam quite loyal to these teams , our 150 hydrex and 225 buildbase will be racing we are looking forward to 5 exciting events also teaming up with other classes at cowes, we are also making plans for 2010 we as a series have a future, you will always get boats / teams leave for whatever reason thats up to them, but if you not happy do something constructive and help move the series forward, we still have 20 boats racing and that in this climate is an achievement , i have had many good times racing with Honda and will see it through to the end, so myself and 20 teams are looking forward to this years racing without you scream it, Dave Cockman
cider daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdy View Post
The Wirral,actually,the posh part,no he is not bonkers,just taught how to drive a boat by his dad,whom was taught by me.
Actually I was taught by many great powerboat racers, but if I had to say were my raw talent came from I would have to take my hat off to Ged Lynch Smith, dennis remember i used to watch you race, you were usualy to pissed to compete ha ha ha, the good old days
team williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #28

Dave, you know my position. I for one have supported future plans and you know it. I am not paying full race fees to fill the F4SA 50K black hole due to financial mis-management. It's simply a point of principle. I can afford to do it but I can't face suffering another disorganised mess and politics like last year due to mistakes and arrogance both on and off the pitch so to speak.

Enjoy it for I will enjoy where I will be. When things change as I hope for the sake of the series they substantially do, then you will see my undivided support probably along with others who are nearly as disenchanted as I am. I am not the first to back out due to the organisation now am I?

But to race against less than half the fleet of 225s? I don't want to risk the damage...to win what?

I would rather have some fun changing engines and testing etc. I spent piles of money promoting Honda and through dreadful handover I feel let down so today I started pulling their damned logos off my boat. I bought into a series backed by them, sold by Martin to me and what do I get for spending 100K? I suspect Cougar still have the pckage on their site...please refer to it.

Answer: a boat which probably will not sell for more than 20K despite probably being the fastest in the fleet

Why should I pay full price to F4SA - and for what??

What is my benefit? Fun enthusiastic racing? I don't think so do you?

I don't have Hydrex paying me do it so I have no desire or need to.

If Steve says let's all jump over the cliff, I'm sorry to say I am not one to do it.

Your attempts to make me feel guilty are failing my old friend. I see it for what it is and as many others do. The harsh reaility of a series in collapse was revealed at the AGM. Honda have pulled out - not one senior manager there and Steve in the Carribean was it? What sort of message does that send us?
Give me one good reason why I should pay F4SA full fees?

I support Tony's plan and hope that others will too as I am sorry to say I refuse to believe the F4SA promises of a rosy future as they have proved they are not capable of it.

I hope you don't take this personally as you know I have utmost respect for you and Cockman crew and your committment to powerboat racing.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by team williams View Post
Actually I was taught by many great powerboat racers, but if I had to say were my raw talent came from I would have to take my hat off to Ged Lynch Smith, dennis remember i used to watch you race, you were usualy to pissed to compete ha ha ha, the good old days
Yo scott,yer little twut,wondererd when you would start posting,we will have your dad on next,nice to hear from yer.Yes,i remember ged,ran me over and nearly sank my boat,neills 15 minutes later,looking back starting to wonder was it deliberate.Ay the good old days allright.Dont talk to me about being pissed,your bow tank is nearly as big as mine! Called the other day but you were all out.I will be doing ireland next year with jeff edwards in the gereatics class,when you do circum of angelsey let us know,do it with you,welcome aboard mate,could do with a hand on here,they all think you are an illerate chin stratcher,been putting them straight!
Old 07-04-2009, 11:08 PM   #30
/280

Interests: Motorsport

The Honda series was a great series. I Wish you well for this year but from what I can see is there is a problem lying in the management side. 1 person full time, two or three others on part time, also this years budget is still pretty massive compared to other series and yet they still can't provide a half decent series this year.

OCR for instance great series, but correct me if im wrong, are there any full time workers, or even part time? (by that i mean 1's that get paid). Minimal budget as well. They can create a decent years worth of racing, so why can't Honda.
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #31
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Quote:
,could do with a hand on here,they all think you are an illerate chin stratcher:

Illiterate

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFin View Post
Illiterate
Testing,testing,you didnt find the other one.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:27 PM   #33
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Quote:
Testing,testing,you didnt find the other one.
or four

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFin View Post
or four
More like nine now,sod it,might aswell finish the box,dodgy daves tomorrow afternoon,got a lie in.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #35

Quote:
they all think you are an illerate chin stratcher,been putting them straight!
Scott, what's the chin stratcher bit? You got another talent too - when you coming down for the boats mate?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #36
team willims

Interests: racing skiing
Boat name: team williams
Boat make: honda
Engines: 150
Cruising area: north wales

Quote:
Thanks everyone here for the support and on the alternative thread. There are several people now starting to talk - who are not entering this year. A proposal for the establishment of a new series has been passed around by a fellow racer and I know Steve C is aware of it. Things are indeed happening in preparation for 2010 and hopefully the group, whichever shape or form it takes, will seek to be a little more inclusive for the benefit of the whole sport. We are spoilt for choice in alternatives so I for one will have to get my head around the calendar and start preparing to race.
Richard stop moaning we are in a recession just put your money in and race
martin team williams
team williams 150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #37

Quote:
Yo scott,yer little twut,wondererd when you would start posting,we will have your dad on next,nice to hear from yer.Yes,i remember ged,ran me over and nearly sank my boat,neills 15 minutes later,looking back starting to wonder was it deliberate.Ay the good old days allright.Dont talk to me about being pissed,your bow tank is nearly as big as mine! Called the other day but you were all out.I will be doing ireland next year with jeff edwards in the gereatics class,when you do circum of angelsey let us know,do it with you,welcome aboard mate,could do with a hand on here,they all think you are an illerate chin stratcher,been putting them straight!
Hi Matey,
Been a member on here for some time now, however (And No Offence To Anyone) I dont come on here much as I am a powerboat racer and carnt be arsed with everyone slaging everyone off, all I want to do is race and enjoy myself, we didnt have any of this in the old days if there was an issue then you either took it outside or got patio'd, anyway im still searching for a suitable boat for round britain and if me and martin get one in time we may do round ireland, if not we may stick a 2.5efi on the back of the cougar and see if we can keep it the rite way up for an hour or so lol, see ya soon
Old 08-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #38

Quote:
Scott, what's the chin stratcher bit? You got another talent too - when you coming down for the boats mate?
Matey, I have so many tallents you should know, you were in dubai with me lol, me and martin are looking at getting down in the next two weeks, apparently were seeing 71mph out of the 225 now the works been done, in the mean time if you want any driving lessons let me know and I will see if I can fit you in.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by team williams 150 View Post
martin team williams
You tell him mate
Old 08-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by team williams 150 View Post
martin team williams
Not moaning mate. I'm too late anyway. The Great BW anounced at the AGM in his usual arrogant manner that if we had not paid in full before 31st we would not be allowed to race. Don't tell me they are starting to make exceptions to this or ringing around trying to drum up support are they? - or accepting money after the deadline?

The fact is I don't want to support a mal-administered organisation or promote Honda and you can bet your life I wouldn't be included in their desperate ring around list now would I?

The thought of them and their total waste of last year's cash makes me sick. 6K on late booked flights to Isle of Mann, losing shedloads at the annual awards despite the fact I paid 100 squids a ticket to go.

Frankly they are taking the piss and now their mis-management is coming back to haunt them. It isn't all about recession. There are people in 225 refusing to enter for reasons of principle and I am one of them.

I look forward to next year and say to all Honda or ex Honda people...support the plan put together by Tony and Paul Plant with Dave C's input along with Steve's knowledge as it is a good way to go and should start asap in order to have a chance of success in 2010.

You have a good crew in 150. I am not interested in paying 300 +++ to race with the package they offer - and only to save their financial mess more like.

Mate I am relieved to be honest. After the debacle in Liverpool last year, the acute levels of damage in Isle of Mann - that was a safe racing decision wasn't it? I just hope they don't kill one of you this year