Boatmad.com

Old 23-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #1

Interests: Powerboats and Rugby
Boat name: C96 Fast Air
Boat make: Ocke Mannerfelt B-23
Engines: Mercury 200XS
Cruising area: Channel Islands

Jersey Boys Racing in Guernsey This Summer!

Hello Neighbours

So who is coming over for the Races and Poker Runs in Guernsey this summer?

The Confirmed Basic Race Weekend Dates are:

20th and 21st June 2009
29th and 30th august 2009

And the Confirmed Poker run Dates are:

18th July 2009
15th august 2009

There was alot of early banter from Moose with his P21 Venom, and there was the promise of bringing the B-28 over (i personally cant wait to see that boat!) and rumour has it there is a Backdraft over there aswell?

I'm sure there are more phantoms, rings, tintorerra's etc etc over there aswell (i have seen them!!!) who are all very welcome in Guernsey this summer - could you Jersey Boys and Girls extend the invite?

Thanks a lot!!

And do let me know who is interested, numbers, and what boats you are bringing over!

Best Regards

Jacques Vermeulen
Secretary of the Guernsey Powerboat Association.

Big V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #2

Cruising area: UK

Hi Jacques

There really are are very few race boats left over here and even fewer that would actually be ready to race. The B28 should be back on the water May sometime after some winter tlc and we are looking to bring it over. We will just have to wait and see whos crewing it.

TobyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
Moose

Interests: Winding up Donkeys
Boat name: Venom
Boat make: 1990 Phantom(what else)21
Engines: Mariner 225 opti
Cruising area: Channel Islands/France

There will always be lots of banter between our great islands, apparently it's the law!!!

As Toby said there are very few race boats left over here, and even less enthusiasm from their owners to look after them let alone race them. You Guerns seems to have a lot more get up and go in that department.

Unfortunately I won't be racing this year as I'm still on the mend from a back op in Jan - an injury probably originating from RB08 Milford Haven to Bangor leg! Was assuming I'd be better sooner, and although am good I don't think good enough to risk a bashing. I will however make sure that the B28 is ready so that Toby can race if he does't have other commitments. I have to say however that so far he has been doing all the work. My bit starts shortly when Mr Smith brings me back an XR2 block and crank from the UK (he's over there now) so that we have a PAIR of motors to run. The same goes for Venom - I'll have her ready aswell incase someone wants to race her.

Will do my best to get there to watch the racing if nothing else, although at the mo the dates clash with the wifes birthday in June and our 'family' holiday in August which is a real bummer. The poker runs however are a different kettle of fish altogether. No date clashes and a clear concience that I 'won't be doing anything that might hurt my back', yer right!!! but it sounds good.

Moose
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #4

Interests: Powerboats and Rugby
Boat name: C96 Fast Air
Boat make: Ocke Mannerfelt B-23
Engines: Mercury 200XS
Cruising area: Channel Islands

Racing

Toby - great to hear you are still keen to bring the B-28 over - we are all really looking forward to seeing it!!!

Moose - hope the back heals up mate! would still be good to see you over here, we are going to have some good BBQ party's at the new yacht club after the races and poker runs - they alone will be worth coming over for.

the Chairman of the GPA owns La Grande Mare Hotel - so there will be very good rates on for race temas to stay there, and complimentary lifts to the races etc etc

we had another very productive GPA meeting last night - its all moving forward at pace

the fleet is looking to be about 15 boats racing which is a good number, and there are plenty more people interested.
Big V is offline   Reply With Quote