Old 28-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #1
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Marathon Rule Question

Re Rule
"All crew taking part in this event must have the appropriate racing licence. Further details on the licensing requirements have been issued as a separate document. Minimum number of crew on board is 2 persons; maximum number of crew on board is 6 persons. Minimum age is 18 years at the start of the event."

Could somebody forward the ref of the seperate document mentioned in 1.3 or a copy of it as I need to sort licencing before the 17th Aug. Is the document one and the same that was posted on the CTC thread recently ref licence requirement or is it different.

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #2

the bottom bit maybe ????

http://www.rya.org.uk/newsevents/new...Licencing.aspx

Foolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Mr Foolish Thank you - RTFQ - title throws a curve ball "Cowes Torquay Cowes Licensing Criteria" the the bit under that I missed TA!

You sorted the new motor yet?

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFin View Post

You sorted the new motor yet?

No not yet as choices seem to differ depending on who you talk to
Foolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFin View Post
I need to sort licencing before the 17th Aug. Is the document one and the same that was posted on the CTC thread recently ref licence requirement or is it different.
No references, but today the ORC agreed a Bob McCarthy suggestion regarding licences, then barstardised it to suit current reality:

1) For the balance of 2009 you can obtain 2 event licences at £60 a time. Then if you request a third event licence, you need to provide the full RYA medical document signed off by your doctor. Then there will be no further restrictions on the number of event licences you can apply for during the year. The previous limit of 2 was removed.

2) From 2010 you will only be able to obtain your first event licence without a medical. You are still unlimited as to the number of event licences you can buy for the year, but you will need to show the full RYA medical for the second and subsequent event licences.

3) For the 2009 season only, the Marithon fleet has a dispensation that crew can obtain points for the series on event licences. Again, the restrictions detailed in point 1 apply, ie after your second event licence, you must undergo an RYA medical before you can obtain your third event licence.

The request was a compromise. The initial reason why restrictions were placed on the event licence by the RYA ( potential abuse by people not medically fit ) discoraced people from taking part in events, forcing them to choose which two events they wanted to enter during the year. The change allows for the RYA to have the medical confirmation, yet still allow people to have a 'pay as you go' licence scheme.

The marithon series event licence exemption/dispensation is thought to only apply for 2009. It is assumed that from 2010 the event licence will only allow entry to basic races, or to a national race in which the entrant will not gain national championship points.

This is as reported to me: Official confirmation from your club or shortly on the RYA website.
RichA (Lamont) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #6

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichA View Post
No references, but today the ORC agreed a Bob McCarthy suggestion regarding licences, then barstardised it to suit current reality:

1) For the balance of 2009 you can obtain 2 event licences at £60 a time. Then if you request a third event licence, you need to provide the full RYA medical document signed off by your doctor. Then there will be no further restrictions on the number of event licences you can apply for during the year. The previous limit of 2 was removed.

2) From 2010 you will only be able to obtain your first event licence without a medical. You are still unlimited as to the number of event licences you can buy for the year, but you will need to show the full RYA medical for the second and subsequent event licences.

3) For the 2009 season only, the Marithon fleet has a dispensation that crew can obtain points for the series on event licences. Again, the restrictions detailed in point 1 apply, ie after your second event licence, you must undergo an RYA medical before you can obtain your third event licence.

The request was a compromise. The initial reason why restrictions were placed on the event licence by the RYA ( potential abuse by people not medically fit ) discoraced people from taking part in events, forcing them to choose which two events they wanted to enter during the year. The change allows for the RYA to have the medical confirmation, yet still allow people to have a 'pay as you go' licence scheme.

The marithon series event licence exemption/dispensation is thought to only apply for 2009. It is assumed that from 2010 the event licence will only allow entry to basic races, or to a national race in which the entrant will not gain national championship points.

This is as reported to me: Official confirmation from your club or shortly on the RYA website.
That's pretty quick off the marc. I confirm that the above is correct as from yesterday at the RYA. This will help quite a few of the Marathon racers. These details will be posted on the RYA thread here and on the BPRC and UKOBA web sites later today.
ML.
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichA View Post
Almost - but not quite:

Following the ORC meeting of Wednesday 29 July the following decisions have been taken:

1. With immediate effect unlimited event licences will be available to all competitors

2. Competitors who have already taken two Event Licences in 2009 will have to obtain a full medical examination as per current RYA requirements for full licence applications before a further Event Licence can be issued.

3. Additional Event licences will be available from Race Secretaries at all events providing the new RYA Event Licence certificate is produced.

4. In order to obtain this RYA Event Licence certificate all competitors must return a fully completed RYA Licence application form which must also include the medical certificate duly signed and stamped by the applicants doctor. This Licence application must be returned to the RYA office with two passport size photographs.

5. On receipt of this information the RYA will then send an Event Licence certificate to the person named therein which will confirm that they are eligible to apply for unlimited Event Licences

6. The cost of Event Licences can be set against the cost of a full national licence providing a copy of the Event Licences are returned with the full licence application.

7. Competitors are reminded that in certain classes national points cannot be gained when Event Licences are used.
RichA (Lamont) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #8
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
That's pretty quick off the marc.
ML.
Is that a Freudian slip?
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
Is that a Freudian slip?
You’re smarter than the average Bear JF!, didn't think anyone would twig. hugegrin:
ML.
Old 30-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #10

Interests: Rally Driving
Boat name: Double 2 Shirts
Boat make: Planatec 41
Engines: 2x625's+ From Uncle Sam
Cruising area: Solent

It was spotted but I thought what’s the point.... and bears are not generally known for their intellect ...
Old 30-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pash 1 View Post
It was spotted but I thought what’s the point.... and bears are not generally known for their intellect ...
You never watched the right cartoons then! There were some great intellectual Bears, I think.
ML.
Old 30-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #12

lol nice one Mike....

On another point, what boat are you on in the CTC - I understand Mr Noisy wont be ready..which is a shame as we could have had a good run against them (To the re-fueling pontoon)
Old 30-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
You never watched the right cartoons then! There were some great intellectual Bears, I think.
ML.
Mike... they are not real! they are pretend!!! like Yogi Bear... its a drawing (Or series of animated to resemble a moving object- just for clarity you understand)
Old 30-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pash 1 View Post
lol nice one Mike....

On another point, what boat are you on in the CTC - I understand Mr Noisy wont be ready..which is a shame as we could have had a good run against them (To the re-fueling pontoon)
Banned from taking part by Maxwell! Will just go around scowling at all you guys who are having fun and I can't. Just you wait 'till next year!
ML.
Old 30-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #15

Thats a shame Mike, well there is always the beer tent
Old 31-07-2009, 02:34 AM   #16
I don't do mornings!!

You can do the Needles in Mr. Noisy, Mike - Maxwell can't stop you in Poole!!! You know you and Alan will be most welcome and you DID say you were going to do it a couple of months back.
D~OOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by D~OOD View Post
You can do the Needles in Mr. Noisy, Mike - Maxwell can't stop you in Poole!!! You know you and Alan will be most welcome and you DID say you were going to do it a couple of months back.
Alans engines are still sitting on the workshop floor waiting to be sorted but I will check with him today to see whats happening. If possible we will be there, keep the water flat please because I don't want another day out like last Saturday at the Drivers Poker Run. But that's another story!
ML.