Boatmad.com

Old 13-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #1

Interests: Boats, design, advertising, music, movies, boats, boats, boats ;-)
Boat name: Speedy Canoe
Boat make: Aero 21
Engines: Mariner 150
Cruising area: Stockholm archipelago

New boat design for P1 Super Stock 300.

Heard rumours that a new boat design for P1 Super Stock 300 is underway. It is supposedly an american design. Anyone got any info on that?

jonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #2

From promoter to boat builder?

ImOnABoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #3

Interests: Racing Rubber
Boat name: Comfortably Numb
Boat make: SR9
Engines: Yanmar
Cruising area: Over there

Heard a while ago that Reggie Fountain was messing around with something for Superstock... All BS I'm sure.
Numb Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #4

Boat name: The Rock - 66
Boat make: Doug Wright 32
Engines: Merc EFI 280s
Cruising area: Middle East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Nuts View Post
Heard a while ago that Reggie Fountain was messing around with something for Superstock... All BS I'm sure.
As expected..they are running out of boats and who would want to pay I hear 58,000 euros for a hull and trailer?

Trying to rebuild the success of HONDA will be like trudging along in treacle...

One day somebody will recognise that they are very unpopular except with the few diehards and newbies.
Scream-it.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #5

Boat make: None, boo!
Engines: Turbines mainly!
Cruising area: The inside of my workshop!

Ok, so I think we can say for sure that you've got a huge chip on your shoulder regarding honda. Yep, they dropped out when the going got tough because they were just using it all as a promotional tool. What company wouldn't!

What I can't understand is where your problem is with P1 trying to keep the series going one way or another and the people/racers involved?
Granted P1 might not be perfect, I'm well aware of many things that have involved them this year, but surely they've gotta get some credit for keeping the racing going? From what I saw in Lymington they put on a very professional and well promoted event and people could learn a lot from the way they do certain things. If they can make a bit from it too, all the best to them!

As for the price of the boats, it does seem steep to me too, but they seem very well made, and from top end materials. They take one hell of a beating and come out of the other side with the occupants intact.

Anyhoo, I don't want to sound like I'm trying to promote P1 or cougar, I just want to know why you've still got such a massive grudge against it all?

James

https://www.jl-innovation.co.uk

The true test of a man is how he treats someone of absolutely no use to him.
larby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 07:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by larby View Post
Ok, so I think we can say for sure that you've got a huge chip on your shoulder regarding honda. Yep, they dropped out when the going got tough because they were just using it all as a promotional tool. What company wouldn't!

What I can't understand is where your problem is with P1 trying to keep the series going one way or another and the people/racers involved?
Granted P1 might not be perfect, I'm well aware of many things that have involved them this year, but surely they've gotta get some credit for keeping the racing going? From what I saw in Lymington they put on a very professional and well promoted event and people could learn a lot from the way they do certain things. If they can make a bit from it too, all the best to them!

As for the price of the boats, it does seem steep to me too, but they seem very well made, and from top end materials. They take one hell of a beating and come out of the other side with the occupants intact.

Anyhoo, I don't want to sound like I'm trying to promote P1 or cougar, I just want to know why you've still got such a massive grudge against it all?

James
I have no chip. I am just a realist. And a very disgruntled customer of 3Cs Marine, Solent Honda, Class 1 Ribs and never of Cougar. It doesn't exist...just ask the supply chain. It is a brand spread across a series of failed Companies

As for P1 ... No I love watching Asif and Co wasting large quantities of money after they bought into a bad deal unsupported by the majority of the Honda fleet which has now dissipated largely due to the actions of F4SA and P1 and of course they will blame the economy. The only blame for the economy is that they backed out of the big boys settling for the cheaper option of a diminishing series.

Let's have this chat in 3 years time. If I am proved wrong then I will stand corrected.

You can pat them on the back but I certainly will not.
Old 18-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #7

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream-it.com View Post
I have no chip. I am just a realist. And a very disgruntled customer of 3Cs Marine, Solent Honda, Class 1 Ribs and never of Cougar. It doesn't exist...just ask the supply chain. It is a brand spread across a series of failed Companies

As for P1 ... No I love watching Asif and Co wasting large quantities of money after they bought into a bad deal unsupported by the majority of the Honda fleet which has now dissipated largely due to the actions of F4SA and P1 and of course they will blame the economy. The only blame for the economy is that they backed out of the big boys settling for the cheaper option of a diminishing series.

Let's have this chat in 3 years time. If I am proved wrong then I will stand corrected.

You can pat them on the back but I certainly will not.
Larby is correct, P1 Superstock looked alive and well to many of us at Lymington and the guys racing were thoroughly enjoying themselves which is what it's all about. They have a good sized fleet so your comment saying "the majority of the Honda fleet which has now dissipated" isn't correct.
ML.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1 Superstock at Lymington.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	27457  
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #8

Interests: Boats, design, advertising, music, movies, boats, boats, boats ;-)
Boat name: Speedy Canoe
Boat make: Aero 21
Engines: Mariner 150
Cruising area: Stockholm archipelago

Now this thread was started due to rumour regarding a new boat design for this class.

Arguments about the class itself surely has another place on the forum. Please respect that and keep to the subject.

Is there a new boat and what'll it be?

Cheers
jonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #9

P1/ Honda series Evinrude or what ever

Scream it is quite right to be critical of the way the series finished, for those commenting who never went to Honda races under the old regime they probably dont realise the series was big enough to run its own events with nearly 40 boats. The turn out at Lymington was pitiful.

But I suppose a few turned up for the 2 classes so thats a show by todays standards.

strong well built boats! never seen so much delamination or spray rails falling off as the old 225s a 26" glorified ski boat at nearly 58 k. Anyone here realise how overpriced that is.
How to take a good series and ruin it.
CUV 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lloyd View Post
Larby is correct, P1 Superstock looked alive and well to many of us at Lymington and the guys racing were thoroughly enjoying themselves which is what it's all about. They have a good sized fleet so your comment saying "the majority of the Honda fleet which has now dissipated" isn't correct.
ML.
When I raced there were 38 boats..Mike How many at Lymington in the 150 and 225 class combined?

And of course as World domination progresses they will stop the old designs! So thanks P1...next you'll outlaw the old wingers eh?
Old 18-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUV 1 View Post
Scream it is quite right to be critical of the way the series finished, for those commenting who never went to Honda races under the old regime they probably dont realise the series was big enough to run its own events with nearly 40 boats. The turn out at Lymington was pitiful.

But I suppose a few turned up for the 2 classes so thats a show by todays standards.

strong well built boats! never seen so much delamination or spray rails falling off as the old 225s a 26" glorified ski boat at nearly 58 k. Anyone here realise how overpriced that is.
How to take a good series and ruin it.
Mike for the record go to:

http://www.keith-slater.org.uk/liver...rt1/index.html

P1 may have the marketing fluff but check this page out and slide towards the end...this will give you the size and scale of a series quickly destroyed by self interest. Honda at least planned their exit....it wasn't fast and they left plenty of money for the handover. I was there at the briefing.

That begs a whole load of questions. But I watch with interest.
Old 31-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #12

Interests: boatin
Boat name: Hey Jude
Boat make: Phantom
Engines: 200 xs
Cruising area: solent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Nuts View Post

You are quite correct. Its not BS
Diesel Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #13

Boat make: None, boo!
Engines: Turbines mainly!
Cruising area: The inside of my workshop!

Go on.....

https://www.jl-innovation.co.uk

The true test of a man is how he treats someone of absolutely no use to him.
larby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #14

Interests: boatin
Boat name: Hey Jude
Boat make: Phantom
Engines: 200 xs
Cruising area: solent

hull

You never know the 300xs on a proper racing hull, built by a profesional manufacturer backed and promoted by P1 may be quite appealing if its the right price!! and hopefully they wont be upside down every 5 minutes.
Diesel Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #15
topgun

Interests: Boats/bikes/Black label
Boat name: Flash Back/Avenger/Anchor Management
Boat make: Sunseeker San Remo/mini cougar/Cougar cat 25/Avenger 21
Engines: San Remo 2x Volvo 5.7 v8/mini cougar Yamaha 25/Cougar 2x twin spark Yam V6/Avenger has volvo 300v8
Cruising area: C.I.Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dodger View Post
You never know the 300xs on a proper racing hull, built by a profesional manufacturer backed and promoted by P1 may be quite appealing if its the right price!! and hopefully they wont be upside down every 5 minutes.
Second that,
you see the amount of quality build threads mostly for marathon, then you have the likes of Adam K4 or what about the Phantom/evolution hulls/revenger.

There must be a profit to be had by someone with the right know how/premises and the balls to go for it.

Like Kevin Costner said (If you build it they will come)

topgun is offline   Reply With Quote