Boatmad.com

Old 02-09-2006, 06:14 PM   #41

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

from a spectator point of view, I think jf is right there are already a lot of classes covering engine's hulls etc, what the sport badly needs is a promoter like a british f1 Berni, somebody to take up where ukoba left off and push it into the public eye and bring in sponsors, tie it in with honda and the new COPOC and then push it like the global series in around 1990 although that failed probably due to the heavy recession at the time, then when there are lots of boats turning out to race fine tune everything

Old 02-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #42

Interests: boats
Boat make: new boat on way
Cruising area: uk

ok so from what i can see on here the big prob is that cats will be to fast ?? so what do we do then make the class mono only ??

and go back to the plan of the 500 hotboat class with a power to weight ratio of 3 kilos per hp min boat lenght 23 feet min weight 1500 kilos max power 500 hp mono hull only

and back to the plan of 1000 hotboat class with a power to weight ratio of 1 hp per 4.5 kilos min lenght 27 feet min weight 2250 kilos mono hull only

let me no

flightracingteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:05 PM   #43

Boat name: LILY THE PINK AND TERMINATOR 11
Boat make: PHANTOM 21 AND 20
Engines: 2.5 EFI X 2

Quote:
Originally posted by flightracingteam
ok so from what i can see on here the big prob is that cats will be to fast ?? so what do we do then make the class mono only ??

Can't see the cats being to fast, cats run in 2 litre class and they haven't run away with the championship. Mono's should be better in the rough, guess it depends on the driver.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #44

Send a message via AIM to Burty
I think you should limit classes to engines rather than random numbers
i.e merc 2.5's are 260 / 280 hp so the hot boat 600 is ideal
as fro the 1000 class, as someone else pointed out most are 1050hp so maybe look at engine specs and tie in with that.
with the cats you either need to give them weight penalties as in pb1 like stated earlier or have 2 sets of trophies
just my opinions of course.
dude at the end of the day you are never going to please everyone so just do what you think is best. if it works then fantastic and if it doesn't then at least it aint my money down the pan fair play to you for trying to get it off the ground
Burty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:55 PM   #45
CB1

What a load of shite. All I hear is guys moaning about not racing, so the clubs bend over backwards to accommodate and then no one shows. If you all turned out for basic racing perhaps things may start to take off again. Run what you brung and still no one turns up. Get your arses out on the water and support the clubs, then things might happen.
CB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #46
CB1

As for you Gary you were ment to be racing this season in at least 2 classes. Havn't seeen you at all on the water!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:42 PM   #47

Chris I do not think that this type of comment is needed, there are reasons why i am not out on the water this season which i do not intend to go into with you.

I also think it is a very unfair of you to write the above when you have absolutely no idea how much hard work i have put in this year so that people like you can go racing.............
Old 02-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #48

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

I also think it is a very unfair of you to write the above when you have absolutely no idea how much hard work i have put in this year so that people like you can go racing............. [/B][/QUOTE]

Fair enough, as Burty says fair pay to you, get a big meeting together of all racers and classes, see if you can mould it into one big happy family, turn it into a series of well presented events with media coverage and all the people like me who just support can enjoye it all yeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaa

and if I got the time maybe help out!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #49
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

I really think a meeting is required. People who may not be interested in racing can still provide advice and comment from their experiance.

What you do want at the end of the day is a firm set of rules, so you know where you can fit in and what you can do....

I dont know enough to be able to comment further. I am interested, and I would like those who do know a load more than me to help set things up.
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:00 AM   #50
OOD

Interests: Racing
Cruising area: South Coast

I think I said this before,

Give Gary your support to get the new class going, It take time and money and he is putting in both

I will support him with a little money to help to get it going as i think it would be good for the sport
OOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:02 AM   #51

Interests: triple rigs
Boat name: which one
Boat make: 25 phantom 26 puma cat,30 pima cat,25 phantom 30 flipper,
Engines: triple 2.5 efis
Cruising area: blackpool prom at dusk

Quote:
Originally posted by flightracingteam

and go back to the plan of the 500 hotboat class with a power to weight ratio of 3 kilos per hp min boat lenght 23 feet min weight 1500 kilos max power 500 hp mono hull only

and back to the plan of 1000 hotboat class with a power to weight ratio of 1 hp per 4.5 kilos min lenght 27 feet min weight 2250 kilos mono hull only

let me no
thats three cats out,and 1 x p25 with 280s,if you listen to people that talk about it ,instead of doing it.
john you say no canopy,thats no v24s,4&6 litre boats,pro vs,and weight what left 2000kg,that most 24-28 out board monos out.what the feck have we got left.
gary stick to your guns your doing agood job.
it called HOT BOAT ,lets do it justice.
hutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:06 AM   #52
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28

OK, point taken.

I'll 'watch this space'.
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #53
CB1

Most of these, no all of these, so called new classes have allways been to the detriment of our existing national classes. Starting with offshore 2000 and the exclusion of multi hulls. Then V24 who vertualy drove Class3 in to extintsion lording over all the venues. The only class that has managed to drag its self back from the brink is 3c.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #54
CB1

I hear everybody screaming f4stroke. Yes they have got a decent fleet, with decent venues, but the backing they have is huge in comparison to ORDA. All the members of the current 3c fleet are working hard to make sure that we survive. If you guys wanted to resurect 4 and 6 litre as a national class all you have to do is let the organisers know and I'm sure you would be accommodated. If T and GT wanted to make a comeback again the clubs would put on the events for you.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:55 AM   #55
CB1

Saying that if there are only 1 or 2 boats in class it dosn't make finatial sence unless you combine them. Run all the twin rigs together with the inboards. All the public want is the spectical of the start with the noise. Who cares what type of boat wins and who gets on the podium the public want a winner, and thats the fastest boat. Work out the weights and power ratio in the bar afterwards. The general public have no conception to any of this, all they see is the first boat over the line. THE WINNER!!
Old 03-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #56
CB1

So all you guys who want to race turn out at Torquay for the basic and then we can talk about format for next year. Come on down and lets see who wants to race and not talk.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:39 PM   #57

Thank you all for your imput some positive and some negitive and some very good ideas have come from this posting on the forum.

However all talk and no action will not get us anywhere, so due to the large number of interested parties i am now moving this forward, the base rules for this class are as follows

The hotboat 600 will allow both Mono and Multihull to race at the same time but not against each other, this makes it fair and gives everyone a chance.

The hotboat 1000 will allow both Mono and Multihull as above this solves the problem of the multihulls possibly being that bit faster and again gives everyone a fair crack at it.

This new series will be run by the Hotboat Racing association which will be affiliated to the RYA. We will be holding a meeting very shortly and information will be avalible on this forum, anyone wishing to attend this meeting will be more than welcome. However if you could let us know your intention to attend we can keep you updated to the date,time and venue.

Thank you all for your interest
Old 03-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #58
OOD

Interests: Racing

gary let me know and i will be there

OOD is offline   Reply With Quote