Boatmad.com

Old 11-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #21

Boat name: salamis
Boat make: cheetah (not that cat thing), Invicta Jupiter 5.0
Engines: I/B VP
Cruising area: littlehampton

Is that why I have an activation code from the download and nowhere to enter it? If you press the activate button you get another email giving the code. I now have about six such emails in my inbox, and giving up trying after reading this.

If its not going to be working properly why make a big thing of announcing it will be available from 9th then 10th now goodness only knows!!

Rob (Salamis)
robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #22

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

The American radio commentator mentioned yesterday that the virtual spectator was not available to the public yet, he also mentioned about the race footage being available to view I think this week so assume this would be on P1 site but can't see that as it would not make a good purchase by sports channels to air at a later date if that were to happen...perhaps Jim may clarify for his race enthusiasts

P1 have certainly shaken the established thinking up with a new style of start method, seemed the teams interviewed liked the new format especially Voom Voom who inherited the win from Conham yachts for start line infringements...a very good showing for the Brits this weekend...noticed Silverline races under another nations flag always thought they raced under the British flag!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #23

47 Silverline Buzzi Bullet is Drew Langdon and Jan Faulouski, presumably they are running under the Italian flag due to the Buzzi hull rather than the team members. Mind you yesterday Fountain Worldwide had the Stars & Stripes, but now has the UK Union Flag. The P1 site is still having a bit of a tweek it seems.

Rob (Salamis)
Old 13-05-2008, 11:09 AM   #24

It appears Fountain worldwide has been given a penalty for rule infringements after a protest was heard, it seems to relate to them using engines that had not been submitted for dyno checking, so guess we will have to and see the outcome, either way as I see it the Brits did well be it Nigel/Shelley or James/Craig
Old 20-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
Is that why I have an activation code from the download and nowhere to enter it? If you press the activate button you get another email giving the code. I now have about six such emails in my inbox, and giving up trying after reading this.

If its not going to be working properly why make a big thing of announcing it will be available from 9th then 10th now goodness only knows!!
It appears the France race is a go for Virtual spectator
http://www.powerboatp1.com/news/en/55/article.aspx
on the 24th so looks like all your activation codes will get some use now...all I have have to do is follow your lead find the activation code and hopefully check it out too
Old 24-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post

Hi Robbie...Clicked on the new account bit and filled in the information but everytime I click to send, it just refreshes the page any ideas or am I doing it completely wrong... thanks
Old 24-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #27

Well it seems my profile has gone missing now and according to the Vertual Spectator website this happened after a recent update wiped out all user ID's.
It appears this is a service launched untested with destructive updates so unless someone else is up and running with this system I will be leaving it be and see if this outfit finally releases a workable fully tested service in the future.

Rob (Salamis)
Old 24-05-2008, 08:25 PM   #28

Send a message via Skype™ to ciao!
I think I got it working, but it was very confusing. Honeyparty appeared to keep crashing into another boat!

Not my cup of tea I am afraid, but we shall I how I get on with the Marine Track software on the RB site before I bury myself!
ciao! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 07:16 PM   #29

Got to say I enjoyed Marseille P1 radio...no doubt not a patch on being their but the radio is a great bonus...Fountain really seem to be on the game, the team really do have a habit of coming through, even thou the Fountain looks small compared to some of the other boats it appears to run well in almost all sea states a testimony to the boat and crew which is great to see, although going by the speed of British entry HP on Sunday they may give them a run over the next few races, that is providing they have no more altercations with other boats or gremlins, a battle to look forward too
I feel so far in Supersport without the Dragon boat to stir things up it does appear Conham Yachts have it their own way for now which probably like many I find frustrating and not just because it's not British, however things are complex this year with Mike Shelton using his considerable skill to gain the best out of the other boat that is very controversial, however I still wish him good luck this season
Old 27-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #30
Bullshit Merchant

Boat name: Extremeboat
Boat make: Dragon 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
I feel so far in Supersport without the Dragon boat to stir things up it does appear Conham Yachts have it their own way for now which probably like many I find frustrating and not just because it's not British, however things are complex this year with Mike Shelton using his considerable skill to gain the best out of the other boat that is very controversial, however I still wish him good luck this season
Why controversial?
All the teams can name upto 4 pilots for the season.

Given the boat I am helping has no steps and is the shortest in the fleet (at 33ft), they will need a lot of help (like another 7ft and steps ) to be really competitve. They are really nice people who enjoy racing, so why not.

I get to drive too
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #31

Controversial...moving swiftly on...did not realise you could name 4 pilots for the season sounds like lots of hard work and fun and after a prior 2 seasons in P1 I'm sure you are well qualified to try and squeeze that little bit extra even missing 7ft and a couple of steps from your very competitive Dragon boat, I would assume the Dragon was around 6-8mph faster than this small by P1 standards boat but getting out their and racing is what it's all about so as I said before good luck Mike

If the Dragon were still racing would it still be one of the quickest out there or has Conham Yachts found a bit more speed over last year? and will we see the Dragon in the Cancer basic in a few weeks that's if the re setting up after the weight removal was completed earlier this year and it does not clash with a P1 event
Old 27-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #32
Bullshit Merchant

Boat name: Extremeboat
Boat make: Dragon 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
If the Dragon were still racing would it still be one of the quickest out there or has Conham Yachts found a bit more speed over last year? and will we see the Dragon in the Cancer basic in a few weeks that's if the re setting up after the weight removal was completed earlier this year and it does not clash with a P1 event
Thanks!

Given there is now an 85mph speed limit in Supersport, then yes. If we did not have mechanical problems we would certainly be very competitive in both flat and rough water.

I am only doing one other P1 event, most likely Bahrain, so would not clash, but currently no plans to bring it out.

Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote