Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Our Gareth.....

28th December 2007

Local Southampton businessmen unite
to compete in 2008 Powerboat P1 World Series

Southampton based, Vahid (Vee) Ganjavian, successful entrepreneur has secured Gareth Williams to be the throttleman for his British powerboat team VoomVoom.com to contest the 2008 super sport Powerboat P1 world series in their 388 Slingshot Yanmar diesel powered Hustler production raceboat.

Gareth, once a dominate force in the British RYA RIB championships claiming both world and national titles. He raced RIB F2 over four years from 2001 to 2004, with 28 race starts, 25 podium positions and 17 wins. He could often be seen overhauling the competition in his distinctive SR9 Yanmar diesel powered Mark Pascoe RIB. Gareth is thus no stranger to competing and winning in a diesel powered raceboat.

Alongside his Mother Gill Williams, Gareth is a Director of Drivers Dry Berthing Ltd a boatyard based in Southampton, Hampshire which boasts secure workshops, storage and craneage amenities. Many of the UK's P1 and national offshore teams can be seen testing using the excellent facilities and is the reason why Vee now bases 'his passion for racing' housing his new workshop for the Hustler 'VoomVoom.com' race team from this establishment.

"I am very excited to be given the opportunity to race with Vee as part of the VoomVoom.com team in the Powerboat P1 World Series," says Gareth. "I am looking forward to being back in a competitive boat in race conditions and expect this will be a very successful season for me and the team."

"I have known and worked with Gareth for many years and believe he has much to offer VoomVoom.com, Vee and the race team are very excited about the forth coming season and know that Gareth is very professional, with a positive attitude wanting to be part of the progression to maximise the boats potential to win, becoming an intricate cog to our future success in 2008" states Team Manager Fiona Pascoe.

Fore more information visit
www.voomvoom.com www.powerboatp1.com www.drybrething.co.uk

- Ends –

For more information contact team manager Fiona Pascoe
Tel: +44 (0) 2380 240388 fiona@m2mracing.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gareth.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	14736  

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #2

Congratulations to Gareth

Foolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007, 11:47 PM   #3
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Ya know, I've been looking at that picture of Gareth, and trying desparately to think what it reminded me of....then I realised.

Back in '06, during the DW Poker run, Gareth pulled alongside me round the back of the island at Sandown and explained that Taz had been involved in a little whoopsie, his description ticked me, and I regularly remind Gareth of the moment.

"......That Phantom,...C-135 or whatever it is,.......straight under,....hooked under water,..... SLAUGHTERED!!!!"

A wee clip http://media.boatmad.com/Videos/gareth.wmv

the whole vid:

http://media.boatmad.com/gallery/v/m...6_001.wmv.html

And of one from this year:

http://media.boatmad.com/gallery/v/m...g/777.wmv.html

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 01:24 AM   #4
Fiona Pascoe

Interests: Lots
Boat name: Positivism
Cruising area: Global

Gareth: a man of few words but all action! quite clearly..

Anyway it will be a good year in 2008 for us all, with a lot of laughs i'm sure.

Gareth used to sing 'Comfortably Numb' and 'Mustang Sally' with Mark P, we all know Vee likes a little sing-song whilst racing... so with this duo I dread to think what the melody will be... hopefully a bit of Queen.... 'We are the Champions'.

VoomVoom.com race team wish everyone a fantastic New Year's eve and a healthy and wealthy 2008!
Fiona not P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 09:35 AM   #5

Interests: Big Dinners
Boat name: Never Enough
Boat make: Seaquel 600xs
Engines: 225hp Merc ProMax
Cruising area: Anywhere! I prefer Weymouth

Send a message via AIM to MrRob
Good Luck!