Boatmad.com

Old 20-09-2006, 07:32 PM   #21

Boat name: rinng peas

Quote:
Originally posted by verytricky
The V24 Pier to Pier record is mine.
The V24 British National Record is mine.
wel dun yew nobbur

i sorr de bote parkid inn saltirns mareena. itt woz wiv orl de k clas botes

fuk mee i noe vera trikky wonts a trofy butt ennterin a v42 inn k clas iz a bitt ova de fukin topp

gArf

Old 20-09-2006, 07:36 PM   #22
CB1

And correct me if I'm wrong, but as a conopied boat you would need to have a 'Senior' 508 Scrutineer there for pre and post attempt and also for ratification.

CB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #23
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

No wonder powerboat racing is totaly fkked!

Glad I'm out of it.
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #24
CB1

Just pulled up the minimum requirement for ratification of National records.
OOD
Timekeepers (2)
Observer
Timekeepers' Observer (2)
Measurer (508 All Classes)
Old 20-09-2006, 08:04 PM   #25

Interests: Boats Cars women and wine
Boat name: The Bandit & The Bandit1
Boat make: Revenger San Marino & Hunton Rib
Engines: For sale Twin 225 Opti's
Cruising area: The Solent

Is it worth it!.
Only ever watched power boat racing over many years so know very little behind the scenes. I now understand from this forum why so few race in this country
Thought it was just the cost. There's more politics and shit going on than in the Labour party.
Tricky well done. By the way only ever met him once so this isn't a mate sticking up for him.
Have you thought about taking up golf?
the bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #26
JBP

Quote:
Originally posted by CB1
Hate to say this Tricky but, Mr Taylor is not on the 'Approved' list of RYA Offshore officials. May make ratification a little difficult.
If he was what procedure would be used then? (note this could apply to any ratification of course)
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 08:48 PM   #27

Interests: Petrolhead
Boat name: Wayne Kerr
Boat make: Phantom xl
Engines: Mercury 2.5, 200(ish)
Cruising area: Essex, Hampshire, Mediterranean

Quote:
Originally posted by the bandit
Is it worth it!. There's more politics and shit going on than in the Labour party.
Seems like the knives are out for you matey, **** knows why!
It's the same in OCR ,,,,,, sad but true
Why we bother, I realy not know. It's just killing the sport.
Wayne Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 09:33 PM   #28
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Norman Taylor was *not* the scruteneer who checked my boat at Poole. I misunderstood the actual question. Norman Taylor was the RYA appointed technical person who certified that my engine was legal when it was stripped 6 weeks ago.

The man was appointed bythe RYA, not chosen by myself.

As I have said previously, my engine is sealed, all component parts of the engine have been stamped and some dodgy radioactive paint marked on each component. The engine was found to be 'as manufactured' when it was stripped, and I have since then won the next race, and set the record with the boat.

Anyone can protest the boat - I believe that the protocol is to lodge a protest with the RYA, and if the RYA decide the boat needs checking I have to pay for it, whereas if they say the boat does not need stripping, then the protestor can proceed by lodging the rebuild fee upfront with the RYA. If I am found to be illegal, the money is returned to the protestor, and I am busted. If the boat is found to be legal, then the money held in escrow by the RYA is paid to me to cover the cost of the rebuild.

It is only £2200.

Surely you and a few mates can get the cash together and protest me? ( Geoff wants to check the cylender head again, and it would be nice to get stripped. ) Think about it. I am supposed to be using dodgy valves, dodgy inlet manifolds and something to do with a timing valve or something... You could get me kicked off the record and chucked out of the Nationals! I formally state that I have used the same engine in all the races this year, so if you proved the engine was dodgy ( or the gearbox or the ECU ) then all my points for the whole year would be invalid.

And I would have to buy Matt 51 pints of beer!

Go on - take a chance. You know its worth it!
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #29
JBP

Re: P2P Records..

Quote:
Originally posted by Gav
Seems the V24 record has been smashed this weekend!! but i'll leave it to the happy chappy to tell you details!!

This thread got off to such a good start too.

There's a place in london just over the river from Lambeth if ya like politics and the sound of ya own voice.

If it's a personal thing though the excellent private messaging service on here is probably the best place to have a pop and spare the rest of us......
Old 20-09-2006, 09:42 PM   #30
JBP

Quote:
Originally posted by verytricky
Norman Taylor was *not* the scruteneer who checked my boat at Poole. I misunderstood the actual question. Norman Taylor was the RYA appointed technical person who certified that my engine was legal when it was stripped 6 weeks ago.

The man was appointed bythe RYA, not chosen by myself.

As I have said previously, my engine is sealed, all component parts of the engine have been stamped and some dodgy radioactive paint marked on each component. The engine was found to be 'as manufactured' when it was stripped, and I have since then won the next race, and set the record with the boat.

Anyone can protest the boat - I believe that the protocol is to lodge a protest with the RYA, and if the RYA decide the boat needs checking I have to pay for it, whereas if they say the boat does not need stripping, then the protestor can proceed by lodging the rebuild fee upfront with the RYA. If I am found to be illegal, the money is returned to the protestor, and I am busted. If the boat is found to be legal, then the money held in escrow by the RYA is paid to me to cover the cost of the rebuild.

It is only £2200.

Surely you and a few mates can get the cash together and protest me? ( Geoff wants to check the cylender head again, and it would be nice to get stripped. ) Think about it. I am supposed to be using dodgy valves, dodgy inlet manifolds and something to do with a timing valve or something... You could get me kicked off the record and chucked out of the Nationals! I formally state that I have used the same engine in all the races this year, so if you proved the engine was dodgy ( or the gearbox or the ECU ) then all my points for the whole year would be invalid.

And I would have to buy Matt 51 pints of beer!

Go on - take a chance. You know its worth it!
Lucky Matt or should I say unlucky as he's not gonna get the beer.

I've only met ya at the one event and as I said in the other thread you certainly got the kids vote, who all want to go V24 racing when the are big enough Well done.
Old 20-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #31
Large member

Quote:
Originally posted by The gArfish
fuk mee i noe vera trikky wonts a trofy butt ennterin a v42 inn k clas iz a bitt ova de fukin topp
Gav stole my Little Ampton trophy. Cowes dinna give us a trophy. So racing the kiddies is the only way I could get something before Torquay, now they tell me I gotta wait 3 months

Quote:
Originally posted by CB1
Just pulled up the minimum requirement for ratification of National records.
OOD
Timekeepers (2)
Observer
Timekeepers' Observer (2)
Measurer (508 All Classes)
On the day the people who were there that examined my boat before and after the event were:
Tom Crump listed in PB1 as OOD (all), Scrutineer Senior (all), Measurer (all), chairman records committee.
Clive Jones listed in PB1 as Scrutineer Senior III
Chris Lewis who I cant find listed in PB1

Yes, it was a great day. It was perfect conditions for an attempt, and I personally think you get a better chance at sea than you get at conneston with an offshore boat. You can be sure I will be there next year with the new class boat, trying to set a new record! A biggie for me was the helpful attitude of the organisers and the 'can do' philosophy!
Old 20-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #32
Gav

Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
What is it with people? if you acheive something theres always someone round the corner with sour grapes! reckon peeps should chill out and concentrate on their own racing etc!

[Rant Over]
Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #33
Large member

[Rant]

What is with you people, you promice to bring my trophy to Poole then you cancell the event!

[Rant Over]
Old 20-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #34
numbskull

For the record, and in case anyone misunderstood my comment about Tricky being a cheat, I was being sarcastic (thought it was obvious, but felt I'd better clarify)

This thread, and the way Marc seems to 'generally' get treated by the competitors in 'offshore', are proof to me, that ever spending a single penny on racing in this country would be extremely foolish!

In my opinion, all those that choose to bicker and cause trouble within their classes (and sometimes outside their classes), deserve the sport to die completely, and have the finger of blame pointed firmly at them.
When people ask 'what ever happened to powerboat racing?', we can all point and say "They ****ed it up for everyone".

Well done..

..and all for what reason?? fkkd if I know.
Old 20-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #35

Interests: Boats Cars women and wine
Boat name: The Bandit & The Bandit1
Boat make: Revenger San Marino & Hunton Rib
Engines: For sale Twin 225 Opti's
Cruising area: The Solent

Not sure if my comments were misunderstood aswell.
I am of the same opion as JF.
the bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 07:28 AM   #36

Interests: raceing
Boat name: cider daze
Boat make: cougar 28
Engines: 200 xs
Cruising area: Devon

fcuking it up

some people are fcuking it up , most of us are having a realy good time and enjoy the sport so dont think all powerboat racing is like this crap on here
cider daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 08:03 AM   #37
numbskull

The bit I can't understand, in fact I find it totaly bewildering, is that this appears to not only be bickering within particular classes, that's been going on forever to a degree ('apparently' TD and I raced with over 600hp, and secret factory support ) It's the fact that there's bickering between classes! WTF is that all about?

I don't totaly agree with JK's comments on the other thread, as personally, I wouldn't be interested in risking my time, effort, money, and life, competing in a sport like powerboating, unless I thought I had as good a chance as anyone of getting decent placing. I don't mean a gauranteed placing, just knowing I wasn't fighting a losing battle for fkk all, but that's just me.

But all this protesting bollox, and bickeing about whether or not someone 'really' qualifies for a record because the timekeeper had the wrong coloured trousers on, or his name doesn't end in a 'Z', is utter crap!

I applaud Marc for some outstanding racing this year, followed by an outstanding speed between the piers, well done mate!

No one else has put the time, money and effort into improving their boat, or their driving like he has this season, and he deserves all the results he's got.

The only sad thing is, that the driving force for Anna & he, has been as much about proving the 'bickerers & protesters' wrong, as about actually winning!

It seems to be traditional now to write 'rant over' at the end of a post like this, but I suspect there's more to come, so I won't.

Old 21-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #38
JBP

Thumbs up

Jon, couldn't agree more, I've never raced but have been involved for about 5 years on both safety and organizing.

I cannot understand why people are so nasty about others especially when they race in sperate classes. I do understand sticking up for ya mates but to 'have a go' in public is beyond me.

I noticed that several threads end up like this one has.

I am pleased to say that with the kids racing the parents might have concerns but the racers themselves are all great friends and keep it that way.
Old 21-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #39
Large member

Yeah, the kids were great, all good friends compeating against each other. The atmosphere in the 'pits' was something I had never seen before, with everyone helping everyone get their boats ready. There may be a future if it stays like that!
Old 22-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #40
CB1

Guys, Guys, Guys. I think that you are all reading a little bit more into this than you were ment too. Yes I do not like m8s getting slagged on here rather than face to face. Yes I do think Tricky and Anna have had a great season, but controversey has followed them around the circuit this year. You guys who sit here and pontificate are not allways aware of the whole truth as you dont follow the racing at the venues. You get a very biased view of the state of offshore through people who post and you read your own agenda into the posts.