Boatmad.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 29-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
JBP
member
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,039
Racing events

Why is it that even after you have given up your own time, travelled the length nd bredth of the country, volunteered to be a race official, supplied the kit to do the job there are still people out there intent on stirring things up afterwards?????? Especially after a full weekend of safe racing and going home with a trophy???

Get a life......
rant over
__________________

JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Renegade's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: london
Occupation: Powerboat Skipper
Interests: Boats , bikes!
Boat name: Renegade
Boat make: GPV-RENEGADE
Engines: 150 HO etec
Cruising area: Thames, south coast, anywhere!

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: london
Posts: 2,330
have you taken this up with the person/s this is directed at?.
__________________

__________________
Im re branding pepper spray as Arsehole Repellant.im going to make a fortune.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Ciao's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Great Horwood

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Great Horwood
Posts: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
Why is it that even after you have given up your own time, travelled the length nd bredth of the country, volunteered to be a race official, supplied the kit to do the job there are still people out there intent on stirring things up afterwards?????? Especially after a full weekend of safe racing and going home with a trophy???

Get a life......
rant over
Who would be a Race Organiser, Official or helper.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #4
JBP
member
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
have you taken this up with the person/s this is directed at?.
I would if they had come to me direct in the first place, c'est la vie....
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Keanaz's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Exmouth
Occupation: Sitting on backside in the SUN
Interests: Vacations
Boat name: Rib Tastic
Boat make: Cobra Rib Burgess T850, Bristol T850 c 2 Wieser Boote
Engines: Marina 225, Yam70 (x2) & Stinger 75
Cruising area: South West

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Exmouth
Posts: 683
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
Who would be a Race Organiser, Official or helper.


That's a great vote of THANKS for all us safety boats out there who turn up so that you can race!!!!



Keanaz
Keanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Country: UK
Location: Hampshire
Interests: Powerboats,Commentating, Bikes
Boat make: None at the moment
Cruising area: Wherever I can get a ride !

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keanaz View Post
That's a great vote of THANKS for all us safety boats out there who turn up so that you can race!!!!



Keanaz
Keanaz, I think Ciao meant that Race Organisers take a lot of flack. We are all dead in the water, without the safety boat volunteers like your good self !
The whole sport is eternally grateful for the selfless efforts of ALL safety boat volunteers !
Martin The Talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Ciao's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Great Horwood

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Great Horwood
Posts: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin The Talker View Post
Keanaz, I think Ciao meant that Race Organisers take a lot of flack. We are all dead in the water, without the safety boat volunteers like your good self !
The whole sport is eternally grateful for the selfless efforts of ALL safety boat volunteers !
Totally agree with Martin, my post was to empathise with the thread starter and certainly not exclude from it the help of all Safety Boats.

If you think I am an Asshole, I respect your view.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Keanaz's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Exmouth
Occupation: Sitting on backside in the SUN
Interests: Vacations
Boat name: Rib Tastic
Boat make: Cobra Rib Burgess T850, Bristol T850 c 2 Wieser Boote
Engines: Marina 225, Yam70 (x2) & Stinger 75
Cruising area: South West

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Exmouth
Posts: 683
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
Who would be a Race Organiser, Official or helper.

When I read the above I take it that also means Safety Boats - Hence my comment, if you had said excluding safety boats etc then I wouldn't even have commented back, If I read it wrong then I apologise.



Keanaz
Keanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Ciao's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Great Horwood

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Great Horwood
Posts: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keanaz View Post
When I read the above I take it that also means Safety Boats - Hence my comment, if you had said excluding safety boats etc then I wouldn't even have commented back, If I read it wrong then I apologise.



Keanaz
Bad post from me.

I never considered or even thought about Safety Boats in my post last night.

As above, "my post was to empathise with the thread starter".

No more than that.
__________________

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.