numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
No show for Hot Lemon
I think Mr Deacon may have been a little busy in Cherbourg, helping the gendarme's with their enquiries!

I think he's 'at large' again now.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #42
JBP

Good days racing tho it did pick up towards the end, any one seen a sponson cone as C5 would like it back. So you could say conditions were trying at times

An excellent show at prize giving with over £400 collected for the charities supported by the weekend

JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #43

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
Good days racing tho it did pick up towards the end, any one seen a sponson cone as C5 would like it back. So you could say conditions were trying at times

An excellent show at prize giving with over £400 collected for the charities supported by the weekend
http://raceboatinternational.com/index.php?id=131
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #44

Interests: PowerBoat Racing
Boat name: If Only
Boat make: Bernico F3 OCR, Bernico Prototype Inboard, and some Ribs
Engines: Yamaha Pro V 115
Cruising area: UK, France

Does anyone know if this event was all run under "Club" (Basic Rules) or individual class rules ?? In particular to Overtaking with V24 ??

Thanks

Bob
Old 07-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #45
I don't do mornings!!

It was run under Club (basic) rules.

The lap line hasn't moved for years - no further out than previously.

Full results:
Attached Files
File Type: doc 2010 Cancer Research results.doc (47.5 KB, 163 views)
D~OOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #46

Thanks for posting the results.

I could say,maybe the lap line on paper hasn`t moved for years,but us snappers can tell by the lens used just how far the race line has changed.The point is,and I`m sure there will be umpteen reasons why it is the way it is,if a person with clout (say a sponsor) said I want those boats brought in closer to provide a better spectacle, then chances are the sponsor would be listened to.
I`ve seen course marks in the middle of the gate,where after the rolling start the spectator boats have moved from outside the gate to the lap mark positioned mid gate and formed a new corridore for racing, because in the racing instructions it has been descibed as that is what will be,or in this day and age, would it make Health and Safety`s day to throw that out the window.
I`ve seen enough races from the end of that pier to know that whether it be the Camden/Cancer/Needles,all of them over the years have had a course mark off the pier at slightlly different positions.
Then there are the drivers themselves who I bet would rather race close by their followers (it`s an ego thing).
While having a winge,it`s always amazed me why there is never a parade lap close by the pier before the race,or even the winners post race.It`s almost like a little club doing ther own thing in the bay with no thought to the followers/families watching.
On Sunday only My Pleasure and Terry Mills came over post race after much frantic waving from the pier to do so.You would think common sense would be such that at the briefing it was spelt out,that drivers have a responsiblity to the followers to make the effort to bring their craft within close range like this.
It may appear that only myself is voicing this,but I can assure you there are many that have put up with these frustrations for years.
The above opinions are meant to try and make the racing more watchable,which I`m sure you will want to achieve.
FLYING FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #47

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

I am sure years back at some races the winning team was taken from the boat to the pier, whereby the Champers was then splashed for the benefit of the local paper and the crowds watching

I assume the Fish was the man at the end of the pier holding the big one, making me feel quite insecure, so I decided to use my tiddler ( Panasonic FZ38) on video function instead ... will post link when uploaded
Old 07-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #48

Sounds like I`ve been sussed Mr.Cfun.I`m sorry my big one made you feel insecure,but I had to have it fully extended to achieve the necessary results.

Your` comment re the champers etc,just shows you,if the attention to the public was more evident,it could well generate even more for the Cancer coffers.Are you volunteering to go round with the bucket,or is Health & Safety quashing that as well.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #49

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Won the race 4 times in 3B.

Probably the best was when SWP (Pennpromo) tried to win the race overall - It was rough - we took all the class 3C's and starting eating up the 3D's - and then moved on to the big things, I think we came 3rd overall that day in a 40 something fleet.

Wood Power drove like a 21 year old possessed.

Sadly, I spent the next week fixing all the damage, so Dad and Simon could get back to National Racing.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #50
BananaShark Member

Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Having won the Needles Trophy racing back from Southampton the race regulations state you have to turn out to sea - we were the only boat there so we went over to the pier to say hi to everyone and didn't get into any trouble - don't know why others don't do it when safe to do so?

British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #51

Quite so cookee.The irony was on Sunday,there was a sailing yacht doing the posing run off the pier,tacking right across the course and no marshal boat going out to point out the usual diatribe.I can understand the ruling for turning out to sea,but most boats after the finish quite often sit off the finish line waiting to see the remaining boats anyway,so why not come over to the pier when the `tumult` has died down.It`s been done when the sponsors have a prizegiving on the pier landing stage.Also why hare off miles out to sea to the muster area,when boats have to pass the pier anyway.
Ok,we know it`s been going on for yonks like this,but that shouldn`t make it the norm.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #52

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
Are you volunteering to go round with the bucket,or is Health & Safety quashing that as well.
You'd probably have to attend a day course on bucket management in a crowded environment to get the council certificate and carry a million pound liability insurance in case you dropped it and the ensuing rush for the dropped penny's sets off a riot

On the race front it all started pretty good but as often happens in powerboating the retirement rate depletes the field, taking away any interesting tussles that may be developing and in this case it was the V28 V Bounty hunter even though in size and power they are not simular they swapped places quite a few times, and Vee's Phantom sounded and looked great but did not have any real threat but still put on a good show to the flag with the V24's following

Oh and not forgetting the Sunsqueeker XS dragging a lobster pot around as some kind of handicap
Old 08-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #53
v24 rocks

Boat name: bat out of hell, tooti fruty
Cruising area: LA

cancer research

Just like to say a big thanks to the RMYC For a good race and well done to Bob
for is fist race in charge And as for the marshal boat on start run that cost me
£ 50.00 to the first boy THANKS i had a bet with Garth and would have won.
Put the £ 50.00 the pot for big C. Shame there was not more race boats entered but we were there for the last 15 years in all classes Cliff V24 Rocks
bigdog v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #54

Interests: Powerboats,Commentating, Bikes
Boat make: None at the moment
Cruising area: Wherever I can get a ride !

Yes, Well done Bob.
Another good RMYC race, & may there be many more.
Thanks for the usual hospitality, & race info' .
See you for the August race.
Martin The Talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #55

Just a final note on the June race, we would like to thank everone for a great weekend, and we can announce that we raise in excess of £800 at the Cancer Charity Powerboat race, this will be split between Cancer Research and the two local charities that the RMYC support – Julia’s House and Lewis-Manning Hospice.

RMYC is offline   Reply With Quote