Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Quote:
Originally posted by Gavin Brown
Marc what are you thinking of now ?
Gotten bored with the Bladerunner. I want a V24 that is 34 foot, with twin inboards and the same 'leg' as the V24....

Cant I play?

I want a V24 on steroids, probably a 4 seater, all enclosed in a nice secure cocpit....

verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 07:43 AM   #22
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

I think there was a 38' Mannerfelt batboat on the drawing board a few years back, was gonna run in class II, more a 38' version of the B-28 tho. Mark Mulvaney was having it done I think, but he and his firm went 'POP'. Twoz about '98.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 08:56 AM   #23

Interests: lots
Boat make: scorpion 8.1
Engines: 250HO
Cruising area: solent

Quote:
Originally posted by verytricky
Gotten bored with the Bladerunner. I want a V24 that is 34 foot, with twin inboards and the same 'leg' as the V24....

Cant I play?

I want a V24 on steroids, probably a 4 seater, all enclosed in a nice secure cocpit....
whats up with the bladerunner??
glen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 12:12 PM   #24
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Quote:
Originally posted by glen76
whats up with the bladerunner??
Its a fine boat I suppose,

But it is not really fast enough, and it is open cocpit, so I can not be as agressive as I would like to feel safe doing. The turning circle is also a beatch! you can no lean the boat over to turn sharply...

I have spent a hell of a lot of money fixing things to make it 'better'. Getting rid of the poxy welded lump of iron that Ice Marine call a foot throttle, and replace it with a nice ally split throttle ( one half for each engine... )

Changed the cables and cable system as well. The factory fitted system foot throttle drives the hand throttles!!! These then drive the engines, and were as sensitive as a drunk elephant on steroids. I have had top rate 'slippy' cables added, so they are really responsive now.

I also had drain plugs installed in the hull. The factory fitout is reliant on bilge pumps! And there is nothing fitted in the two outer legs! When I had the ( custom made! ) plugs fitted in the outrigger sponsons, they drained 60 litres of water!!

A few more changes would turn the boat from what the factory turned out into something special. It seems like they cut corners at the last minute to save a pound throughout the whole 'rigging' of the boat. The boat itself is excellent and solid. It is those final points that let the side down..

For example, the cleats were held on with two 6mm bolts! For a 3 tonne boat that is poor. I had a cleat pulled off in the Thames when a barge went past too close! ( I was tied up at the time.. )

Little things like engines off and swapped around to get the props running the right way....

The engnes are now running sweet, and I am going to work on the props to get the last few miles out of her, but I really want something that can go accross the seas in a hurry. Something that can go around 115 mph would be great. Perhaps I should buy a ProVee boat, but I would rather have the handling characteristics of the V24...
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 07:29 PM   #25

Definately one to add to this thread:
http://www.mattyorke.com/gallery/k4/k4
Click on the image for a higher res version if ya don't have your glasses handy.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 08:12 PM   #26

Interests: sport
Boat name: Santana

Wow- that Eastbourne race was rough - a lot more than 6 foot waves as stated!

Remember not keeping up with the Wentworth Auto's Phantom 28 - but running with Rory Powers 28 in the following sea - which seemed to go on for ever!
Old 21-06-2005, 08:34 PM   #27

Roger has a bit of a reputation for keeping his foot to the floor regardless of how rough it is.

I understand the ongoing issues with the supercharged small blocks has been resolved now - be interesting to see if he races at cowes this year.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote